chapter 2

MY GIRLFRIEND'S TWIN

 

 

 

*knock *knock

“bom can I come in?”

Bom was inside her room when she heard a knocked coming outside, it was her sister.

Jenny opened the door and walked inside, she saw her sister sitting in front of the mirror fixing her hair.

“you going somewhere?” says jenny as she walked and sat beside bom.

“hmm no. why?”

“oh nothing… I just thought that since you’re fixing your hair. “ says jenny.

Bom looked at her sister’s reflection from the mirror. She can see through her eyes that her sister is really happy.

“you didn’t came here just to asked me if I’m going outside right?” says bom.

Jenny smiled at her sister. She stood up from her sit and threw herself on the bed. She raised her left hand and looked at her ring finger to where the ring jiyong gave her is located.

Bom followed her sister as she crawled on the bed and lie down beside her. She looked at her twin first and to the ring.

“happy?” says bom.

Jenny nodded. “you know what bom, I still can’t believe it. In just a few weeks ji yong and I will be husband and wife.”

Bom smiled at her and began to teased jenny.

“yeah me too. I still can’t believe you’re marrying that jerk.”

Jenny suddenly hit bom’s head and laughed.

“ouch! What was that for?!” bom says while she rubbed her head with her hand.

“you, can’t you be a little bit nicer to your future brother-in-law?” says jenny

Bom looked at her twin’s ring again ignoring what jenny said to her.

“jenny-ah.. you’re not leaving me right?” bom said.

Jenny suddenly looked at bom surprised. “yah bom what are you saying? Of course I’m not leaving you. I’m just marrying ji yong. Why would you think like that?”

“I don’t know I just feel uneasy. Maybe because I’m afraid that I’ll be alone when you two get married.”

Jenny hugged her sister to comfort her. “I’m not leaving you alone bom. you’re my sister. I can’t do that.”

Bom felt tears escaped from her eyes. She doesn’t even know why she’s acting like this. it’s strange.

*cellphone rings

While the two are being sentimental, bom’s phone suddenly ring.

bom grab her cellphone from her pocket and answered it.

“bom-ah! Have you already had your dinner?” says dara excitedly.

Bom responded to her not really interested. “no not yet. Why?”

“well bom, I found a new restaurant here, do you want to eat with me? I heard they even sell buttered corn.

As soon as bom heard the word corn, automatically she got up from the bed.  

Her big brown eyes sparkled like a star, from uninterested tone, her voice suddenly changed into a cheerful and excited one. She giggled at the thought of eating her all-time favorite corn.

“alright dara. wait me there okay? Don’t you ever leave me and go alone on your own!” says bom as she hung up on the phone not even letting dara to say goodbye.

Jenny also got up from the bed and looked at bom confused. “what was that? Why did dara called you? and why are you in such a hurry?”

“omo! jenny-ah,I think I’m going crazy! dara called me and she said that she found a restaurant that also sells buttered corn that’s why we’re going to have dinner there tonight.”

Jenny suddenly laughed at bom. “yah! I thought something bad happened that’s why you’re in a hurry but you’re going crazy like this just because of a buttered corn?!”

Bom suddenly frowned at her sister. not liking what she said.

“why? can’t I be like this? what about you going crazy over your ji yong? Can’t I be like that too?” says bom.

Jenny playfully threw a pillow on bom and it hit her twin’s head. “yah! how could you compare ji yong to a corn!?”

Bom suddenly laughed at what she said. “omo! I bet ji yong will punch me if he heard me comparing him to a corn.”

"oh by the way jenny-ah you come with us too!”

“I’m sorry I can’t, I already have plans with ji yong tonight.”

Bom stomped her feet annoyed by her sister.

“what? that ji yong again?! jenny can’t you at least spend your time with me? you’re getting married soon and we can’t probably have dinner together in the future like this?!”

“but bo-

Jenny was cutted off when bom suddenly sat beside her and started to act cute.

“please please please jenny? Please?”  

Jenny watched her sister blinked her eyes like a cute little puppy. she can’t do anything but to sigh, defeated by her sister’s cute charm she finally said yes.

“alright, but in one condition it’s your treat okay?”

Bom started to jump up and down giggling like a kid. “yey! You are really my best sister!” says bom as she kissed jenny on her cheeks.

 

That night, dara jenny and bom went to the restaurant and ate all the foods with satisfaction. After that, they decided not to go home yet and just walk around the streets.

“bom are you okay? you look sick?” says dara as she watched bom getting a bit sweaty.

the girls decided to go at the park and sat on the bench for a while.

Bom rubbed her tummy. “I’m fine. I think I ate too much.”

“i told you to eat and swallow your food slowly but you eat like a starving cow look what happened to you. you sure you’re okay?” says jenny a bit worried.

“yeah I’m fine. I just need to release-

*cellphone rings

“huh? A call again?”

bom grabbed her phone from her pocket, before answering it she looked at the screen and frowned a bit when she saw who the caller was.

 “hello my monster-in law?” says bom as she unintentionally burped on the phone.

Jenny and dara looked at her and laughed. jenny already knew who’s bom talking to. She sat beside her and moved her face a little closer to her ears and poked bom’s head when she called him monster.

Jiyong chuckled at bom’s unexpected burped. “what?! mo-monster?! And you even dare to burped at me you little disgusting creature.”

Bom felt a bit embarrassed towards him as she didn’t mean to burp while talking with him. “yah what can I do we just ate our dinner and I’m so full?! Anyway, what do you want ji yongie?”

“really? why didn’t you invited me? you should have let me see your pretty face. pft!”

Bom heard jiyong laughing at her. she got a bit pissed. “yah! did you call me just to make fun of me?! if that’s it then I’m gonna hung up now monkey.”

“oh wait wait! Bom-ah!”

“what?!”

“is your sister beside you? I’m calling her but she’s not answering her phone. Let me talk to her.”

“say please.if you say please then I’ll let you talk with her.” Says bom. jenny once again hit bom’s head and tried to steal the phone away from her. but bom didn’t gave it.

“yah bom! I’m not joking give your phone to your sister. . . . . . . . .  please?”

Bom laughed at jiyong and without saying anything she passed her phone with her sister.

As soon as she gave it to jenny, she stood up from her sit and started to run across the streets.

“hey bom where are you going?!” says dara

“oh, I’m going to buy ice cream! Wait for me.”

 

Meanwhile, jenny is so busy talking with her ji yong. They are so sweet that dara can’t even take it anymore so she just decided to went to a nearby store to buy herself something to eat.

“I love you too.” Says jenny.

While talking with ji yong her gaze suddenly went to a familiar figure. Watching that person crossed the road, jenny suddenly stood up from her seat and run as much as she could. tears began to flow into her eyes.

Bom didn’t have any idea that a fast car was going to hit her soon. she heard a voice calling her name. it was jenny.

“bom! watch out!”

Bom suddenly looked to her side and saw a fast moving car going through her direction, she was afraid. but she was more afraid of her sister who’s running to her.

“NO! JENNY!”

After saying her sister’s name everything went blank.

 

“bom!”

Jenny pushed bom aside that made her to be the one who got hit. Her body flew over the car. She watched bom lying on the street unconscious. Drenched with blood, jenny heard a voice from that  special person.

She looked at her hands and she’s still holding her phone. jiyong on the other hand, heard everything. the loud scream, the loud crashed. It made him nervous and scared that something might have happened to her.

Jenny heard his voice calling her name.

“ji yong-ah.. please… take care of bom. she’s… afraid … to be alone.. so please.. for me..”

“jenny what are you talking about?!” says jiyong tears flowed into his eyes, he’s afraid that it will be their last goodbye.

“promise me. please.”

“I.. promise.. so please jenny, stay strong. i’ll be by your side later so please. Be strong.”

Jenny knew that she can’t no longer wait for him. she can’t breathe anymore, and her eyes are slowly getting heavy.

“ I’ll stay strong. I love you…”