Chapter 12

MY GIRLFRIEND'S TWIN

 

It was already past midnight by the time everyone decided to go home since bom was already drunk and they still have to work the next day. Minzy, seungri and daesung went home together while the others stood in front of the club. Ji yong was mad and annoyed at how bom drunk herself. He wrapped his arms around her shoulder so he could support her and avoid her from falling.

“ji yong-ah, you should use your car. bom is already drunk, it will be hard for you to go home.” yongbae said looking so worried for them. jiyong knew that he needed his car too especially now that bom was unbelievably drunk. But he was worried that yongbae might not be able to present his surprise for chaerin. Yes, it was the reason why he ended up being with them at the club and why he got teased by seungri. He just can’t say no to yongbae, to his good friend when he came to his office and asked if he could lend his car because he wanted to surprise chaerin and that it will take time for him to go home and bring his own car. plus the fact that it was their first anniversary, how could he say no? so in the end, he just shook his head. “it’s okay, we will just take a cab and besides, chaerin is not feeling well too. you can’t let her go home alone. “ “no it’s okay ji yong.” chaerin interrupted. “I said it’s okay. take the car and leave.” said ji yong. chaerin hesitated for a while before she got inside the car. Yongbae opened the door for her and after that, he walked on the other side. He mouthed thank you before he slid behind the wheel and started the engine. Ji yong watched them leave, suddenly he felt like regretting what he  did. he looked at his side and sighed. Bom was leaning against him. “bom-ah, wake up. you have to keep yourself awake so you could walk.” Bom didn’t respond and whine like a little kid. “aish! you’ll pay me for doing this bom.” said ji yong as he looked around the place to see if he could find a taxi. But luck wasn’t on his side; he can’t find a taxi and that means he have to walk on his way home. suddenly without letting go of her hands, ji yong bent down and helped bom to climb onto his back to carry her. At first he was struggling to stand up before he managed to carry bom. “aigoo! now I’m giving her a piggy back. why is she so heavy?!” ji yong said as he let out a heavy sighed.

Walking in the streets wasn’t bad at all. the cool breeze and the bright city lights made ji yong feel a bit relaxed. Also, it made him think of what happened earlier. It made him think of that feeling when he saw and thought bom hugged yongbae. what is this? he thought. the answer was already playing on his mind but decided to just dismissed the thought of it. “I feel sick.” Bom murmured. “ji yong-ah I feel sick..” ji yong heard bom and thought she was already awake. “ji yong-ah put me down.” ji yong followed her and by the time he freed bom, she suddenly ran on the other side near the trash can and vomited. She crouched down, her hands in front of her tummy. Bom felt something on that caused her to puke a few times.

Worried and at the same time annoyed. ji yong immediately approached bom, he scrooch down and helped her hold her hair back making sure that it won’t get out of the way. He heard a barf sound again and again. Poor trash can. He thought. by the time bom was done, ji yong heard a heavy sighed from bom. he knew that it was a sign of relief. Though she was still drunk and keeps on wobbling as they walked a few steps and stopped at the bus station. There, they sat for a while waiting for the night bus to arrive. “w-where are we?” bom stared at ji yong she can’t open her eyes wide and her head was still spinning. She was trying to concentrate on him but still her drunkenness took over herself. Ji yong noticed the mark of liquid scattered near around and wiped it using his hands. “aish, look at how disgusting you are.” said ji yong. he grinned when bom shook her head. “yah, don’t move. You’re lucky I’m not losing my patience on you again.” ji yong said. “ji yong-ah do you like chaerin?” ji yong suddenly stopped and looked at bom. he was quite surprised at her random question at the same time confused. Bom hiccupped once and continued on her talk. “ji yong-ah what if. . .  what if. . . I . . like you?” ji yong’s mouth was left hanging open. “I like you ji yong.” said bom as she smiled at him. ji yong doesn’t want to misunderstand bom, he knew she was just drunk and when a person gets drunk they always says senseless things like her. “I like you too bom. you know that.” he said. bom didn’t say a word, she leaned her head against his shoulder. ji yong thought bom fell asleep again but was completely surprised when bom suddenly raised her head up and stared closely at him. ji yong swallowed nervously, his chest thumping so fast as he looked at bom so close to him. “bo-bom-ah.” he stutter. “bo-bom-ah, y-you-re d-d-drunk.” ji yong said as he slowly moved away from her. but bom hold his shoulder and planted a kiss on ji yong’s cheeks. she kissed both his left and right cheeks which made ji yong blushed.

 

******

That same night, yongbae was driving silently in the car. chaerin didn’t bother to looked at him and just stared at the window. she simply looked at her watch and it was almost past midnight. she stealthily looked at yongbae but he was so focused driving that he didn’t even saw her stared at him. Disappointment can be seen on her face. What’s new? of course he will forget this important day. She thought. as she gazed out the window again, she heard yongbae’s phone ring.  she looked back at him as he answered his phone. “oh hyung.” He said. “at the trunk?? I don’t know hyung. Oh okay I’ll check it.” yongbae put his phone away from his ears, he stopped the car and asked chaerin a favor. “chaerin-ah, ji yong hyung called me can you please check if he left something in the trunk? I can’t get it myself because he’s still saying something to me.” chaerin tried to calm herself. first, he forgot about our anniversary and now, he’s asking me to check the trunk?! she thought again. “alright.” she said. yongbae heard her sad tone and just smiled. he watched her get out of the car and walked at the back. “ugh! I really hate him now! how could he do this to me!? I’m his. . “ by the time chaerin opened the trunk, she stood there motionless. Her eyes widened then finally she smiled.

the moment she opened the trunk she saw lots of sticky notes pasted in every corner. Then a banner that read “100 reasons why I love chaerin.” she also saw a bouquet of flowers and a rectangular shape object that caught her attention. slowly she opened it and tears automatically flowed down her cheeks. “a heart shaped necklace.” She murmured. then while looking at it, yongbae came out from the car and walked towards her. “yah, why are you crying?!” said yongbae as he wiped her tears using his hands. “I thought you forgot about our anniversary. I’m just so happy.”

“do you like it?” chaerin nodded her head and stared at the sticky notes again. she read them one by one. Yongbae knew that by just looking at her, he knew that she was happy. then his eyes moved down to the rectangular box chaerin was holding. He took it from her and opened the box. “let me put this to you.” yongbae moved behind chaerin, he lifted her hair on her side and put the necklace around her neck. Chaerin smiled and rubbed her thumb against the heart shaped pendant. Though it was just a simple necklace that she was sure every woman can have. For her, it was the most beautiful gift and no diamonds or money can ever replace it. “thank you.” she said. “thank you too.” he whispered. “what for?” chaerin asked as she face yongbae. “For being there. for being so patient. Thank you because you you never get tired of loving me. though I became unfaithful to you….” yongbae paused. Chaerin knew what he was talking about, and she felt the tightness in . “Even though I became unfaithful to you in the past you still accepted me and embraced me with your love. from now on, I want you to know that. . .  I will only look at you. today, I want us to start again.” yongbae paused again and he chuckled. “I can’t believe I’m saying these words right now chaerin. but . . . but I want you to know that I love you.” with that, chaerin cried again. She always thought that yongbae never loved her because of jenny.  She knew how yongbae had suffered so much especially after he found out that jenny, his first girlfriend, his first love had chosen ji yong. she had seen the darkest moment of him like when the news of jenny’s sudden death came out. She could still remember how he collapsed on the floor and cried after he received a call from ji yong. she remembered how she knelt down and hugged him from behind as they both cried really hard. It was very painful to watch but still after all that pain, she never left him.

 

“I can’t believe this is happening to me.” chaerin said as she threw her arms around yongbae and hugged him tightly. no words can express how happy she was. “I love you too yongbae.” that night chaerin remembered what ji yong had said to her. trust. From now I want to trust him. she thought.

 

*****

“aigoo! thank god we’re home.” ji yong went straight to his bedroom with bom still on his back. he carefully lay her back in the bed and turned the lampshade on. he watched her sleep as her chest moved up and down. bom looked so peaceful when she sleeps, her face so beautiful and soft. Ji yong thought. “we’ve been friends like forever, why I didn’t notice you before?” he murmured. “ji yong sat at the corner of the bed then suddenly he found himself thinking of what happened earlier. The kiss, he actually liked it but he felt a bit disappointed. He thought, bom will kiss him on his lips but she ended up kissing him on his cheeks. ji yong rubbed the back of his neck already tired. he looked at the wall clock and in just a few more hours the sun will rise up soon. ji yong covered bom with a blanket, bent down and kissed her softly on the lips. “That’s for stealing a kiss from me. good night bom.” he murmured.