Chapter 3

MY GIRLFRIEND'S TWIN

 

I was awoken by the loud voices around me so I opened my eyes. my head started to spin and my vision was a bit  blurry. I was surprised when I found myself lying on a street.

“where am i?” i wondered.

I was really not aware of what’s happening around me until I got up and saw lots of people gathering just a few inches away from me.

“miss keep yourself awake, don’t close your eyes the ambulance will be here soon!” I heard the woman said.

I got curious so I walked towards them. I tiptoed and peeked in but I can’t see anything. So I asked the man beside me.

“excuse me mister, but what happened here?”

“oh an accident occu-

The man was shocked as soon as he looked at me. I saw his hair on his arms raised up.

“you… you just look exactly like her!” said the mister. Because of his loud voice everyone stared at us.

“what do you mean?” I said now a bit nervous.

Then another man suddenly came and talked to me. “miss, do you know her?” he pointed his finger and I followed it, then it led me to a body lying on the street. What I saw sent goosebumps down my spine.

Tears filled my eyes as I saw my sister drenched with blood fighting for her life. I hurriedly ran to her, knelt down and touched her face.

“jenny-ah.. jenny.. I’m here. look, your sister is here.”

Jenny weakly opened her eyes, she lift her right hand and touched my face. she smiled at me and wiped my tears.

“bom-ah… i’m sorry.”

“no don’t be sorry jenny..you didn’t do anything, it’s okay, the ambulance will be here soon.” I said as I caressed her face with my hands.

“no… I’m sorry bom..if I have to leave you alone..”

I tried not to cry but my tears can’t stop. “jenny-ah what are you saying? you can’t leave me remember? You said you will only marry jiyong? you said that I’m your sister right? so you can’t leave me.”

I saw drops of tears rolling into the side of her eyes

“when you wake up.. I don’t want you to cry. be strong bom.don’t be afraid… I love you my sister.”

And then, she lost consciousness, her hands slid down on my face.. I cried in pain.

“no. . .  no . .  no! jenny!”

 

“JENNY!!”

bom woke up from her sleep crying. She sat up on her bed with her hands covering her face.

“bom you’re already awake!”

 dara who’s sitting just beside her bed got surprised when bom suddenly screamed.

Bom looked around the room, but there are no traces of her sister. bom stared at dara.

“dara where’s jenny? is she alright? the car… I saw her… I was about to get hit by a car… but… jenny..she ..she pushed me… dara.. where’s jenny?”

dara can’t looked at bom into her eyes, her lips began to quiver, bom noticed her and felt nervous.

“dara why are you not saying anything? Where’s jenny?” bom hold dara’s shoulder and shake her.

“dara where’s my sister?! I’m asking you where is she?!” dara cried and began to stutter.

“bom-ah I’m sorry… but jenny-

“no! shut up! I don’t want to hear you anymore! I’m going to find her by myself !jenny won’t leave me! jenny won’t leave me! she can’t leave me!”

bom stood up and walked out of the hospital room, dara tried to stopped her from going outside but bom  swayed back. Ignoring the pain that her head is giving her, bom ran to the hallway and checked every room. 

In every door that she opens, she’s wishing that her sister is just fine, she’s wishing that her sister is waiting for her.

 

“how could you call yourself a doctor!?”

While running, bom suddenly passed by a room, she thought she heard jiyong’s voice. She stepped back and peeked into that room and saw jiyong holding the doctor’s collar on the neck.

“How could you call yourself a doctor? You can’t even save my girlfriend’s life!”

“I’m sorry sir, we already did our best to bring her back to life. but it’s already too late. she was brought here dead on arrival.”

Ji yong was about to punch the doctor but jenny’s parents who were also present in the scene had stopped him.

“ji yong stop it! Even if you put your anger on him, it won’t change anything! Don’t do this in front of my daughter!” says jenny’s mom while crying.

Ji yong released his grip as soon as he heard her. right after he released his hands, the doctor immediately got out of the room.   

That very moment, bom collapsed on the floor. She can’t stand and began to tremble. Tears rolled down on her cheeks.

“je-jenny’s….. dead?” bom murmured

Meanwhile, ji yong can’t do anything but just looked at the lifeless body of her lovely girlfriend lying on the bed. He sat on the chair just beside jenny’s bed, caressed her face and held her hands.

the pain on his chest was too much for him to bear as he closed his eyes and silently cried.

“jenny-ah, wake up now.” he whispered breathily.

“I’m already here you have to…. to wake up now.”

Like a fool, ji yong literally waited for her to wake up. but reality hits him, no matter what he say jenny won’t open her eyes. jenny’s mom who’s watching ji yong can’t help but pity him she knew that ji yong love her daughter so much and watching him hurting makes her heart more painful , she walked at the back of ji yong and patted his back softly.

“cry. it will make you feel better. Don’t hold it in.”

Ji yong looked back and saw her. she stared back at jenny again and finally burst into tears.

 “jenny, how could you be so unfair? You should have brought me with you.

now…. now that you’re gone, How am I supposed to live my life without you? jenny-ah you should marry me first. don’t leave me here alone.. please… please… wake up… please..

tears fall into ji yong’s eyes continuously, he can’t let go of his love. for the first time, he felt hopeless he can’t even do anything for her. ji yong stood up from his seat slowly, he leaned down his face and gave jenny a soft kiss on her lips. A goodbye and one last kiss.

he held her hands once again, slowly he removed the wedding ring he gave to her, tears of ji yong dropped on jenny’s hands. After he removed the ring from her, he inserted it into his ring finger.

“jenny-ah, I will keep this ring and give it to you until we meet again…. If… if that happens, don’t… leave me again alright?” ji yong’s voice cracked at the end. He take a look at jenny’s beautiful face and slowly covered her body a white blanket.

Deep inside my heart I want to die too.. but I know that this person will be sad in heaven if she sees me like this. jenny-ah I can’t even imagine myself living without you..i will miss your smile, your face, your eyes, you sweet laughs, your sweet voice, your hugs and kisses, I will miss everything about you…

 

“BOM?”

Ji yong’s thoughts was distracted when dara suddenly came inside the room.

“dara what is it? did bom already wake up” says bom’s mom worried.

Dara scanned the room with her eyes but she can’t find bom.

“ah ye-yes, but didn’t she went here? I’m worried for her, she’s crying when she left her room, she said that she will find her sister..”

Mrs. Park starts to panic. “what? but she didn’t went here.”

Dara’s eyes grew bigger. “mrs. Park are you sure? Be-because… I’ve already searched the whole the whole hospital but I can’ find her..”

Bom’s mom became uneasy. Different thoughts are entering on her mind. “dara, let’s find her… I…. I can’t afford to lose another daughter…”  she said.

Dra nods at her, they were about to leave but ji yong suddenly stopped them.

“mom… dara.. you should stay here in the hospital, I’ll find bom myself..” says ji yong.

“but ji yong.. what about je-

Dara was interrupted by ji yong.

“Before jenny left us, she said that I should take care of bom.. I think this is what she’s talking about… so mom please stay here.”

 

 

jenny-ah…”

Bom left the hospital and walked outside in a daze. no matter how much she wanted to see her sister she can’t because she’s afraid that her mom, ji yong and everyone will hate her for what happened for she’s the one who caused her sister’s death.  Unknowingly, her feet brought her to where the accident occurred.

She crouched down beside the road. She pictured her sister trying to save her from the accident while tears welled up in her eyes.

“jenny I’m sorry… I’m sorry… I’m sorry I killed you..”

bom can’t help but cry and blame herself. If it wasn’t for her, jenny would still be alive.

“i.. should die too.. since I killed you.. ”

Bom stood up, her legs wobbling as she slowly walked and stepped out of the road.

The loud honks of the cars can be heard. But bom just ignored them.

“just hit me.. kill me now.. I deserve this..”

Another honk was heard from her side, this time it was a truck, bom looked at it.  

She slowly closed her eyes ready to die, but then just when she was about to get hit, someone suddenly grabbed her from the back and put her back to where she was before.

“ARE YOU INSANE?! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING?!” bom opened her eyes and was shocked to see ji yong in front shouting at her angrily.

Bom tried to get away from him, but ji yong hold her arms tightly.

“let me go..” bom whispered.

“no.. I can’t.” says ji yong.

Bom got pissed and bit ji yong’s arms. Ji yong just endured the pain as he watched bom bit her arms with all her strength.

“do you think I’m going to let you go by doing that?”

Ji yong raised bom’s head frocefully, she saw her in tears and hugged her tightly. bom didn’t get contented, she keeps on pounding ji yong’s chest with her fists repeatedly.

“WHY DID YOU SAVED ME?! LET ME GO! LET ME GO! I WANT TO DIE! BE-BECAUSE OF ME JENNY DIED!”

bom’s voice cracks and breaks into crying. Slowly she loses all her strength and stopped hitting ji yong. her head resting on his chest her breathing became unstable from crying.

“how could jenny do this to me? I should be the one who died. Not her. why did she played a hero? Ji yong tell me.. how am I going to face you and my family?... I was the one who caused everyone’s pain right now.. ji yong I want to die. I’m afraid.. I can’t imagine living my life without my sister..”

“why do you want to die?”

Bom got a bit mad at ji yong. she stared at his stiff expression.

While looking into his eyes she knew that he’s been crying non-stop.

“don’t you get me? because I was the one who caused jenny’s death.” Bom said.

“so you want to waste everything she did for you? Why do you think she didn’t think twice to save her sister’s life huh?”

Bom can’t say anything, she tilt her face down and tried to stop herself from crying.

“why do you worry about facing us? Bom, we know it was an accident.. no one is to blame. I don’t despise you… I’m not mad at you.. but if you tried to kill yourself like this again..

Ji yong raised bom’s face and stared at her.

“I’m going to hate you.”

 

 

 

After ji yong comforted bom, they went back to the hospital again. ji yong escorted bom to where jenny’s body is laid.

Upon entering the room, bom saw a body on the bed covered with white blanket.

On the side she saw her mom. Bom slowly walked up to her mom and apologized.

“mom.. I’m sorry, i’m sorry I’m sorry for what happened.. I didn’t mean to-

Bom was interrupted when something heavy hit her face.

bom was shocked when her mom suddenly slapped her. she looked at her mom while tears streamed down on her eyes once again.

“m-mom.”

Mrs. Park stared at bom and finally hugs her.

“you silly girl, where did you go?! Do you know how worried I am?! What if something happens to you?!”

Bom hug her mom too. “I’m sorry mom. i won’t do….. that again. I’m sorry.”

Bom’s mom pulled away, she stared at bom’s face she saw bandages wrapped around her head.

“I’m glad you’re …. Alive..”

Bom stared at her mom for a while, then her eyes were suddenly directed to where jenny’s body is.

She slowly walked towards the bed, uncovered the blankets and saw jenny. lifeless.

“jenny-ah... you appeared in my dreams a while ago right? it was really you right? see? Look at me.. I’m … I’m not crying… like what you said.. I…

Tears flowed down on bom’s cheeks but she immediately brushed it off.

 I shouldn’t cry, that I should be brave and not be afraid.. so jenny, don’t worry,  I’ll be strong and take care of mom. I will take care of your husband and make sure he won’t fall inlove with other girls.

Ji yong laughed a bit at what bom said.

And If he did that, I’ll hit his head like what you always do to me whenever I’m talking bad to him.. alright?

Bom smiled weakly at jenny she caressed her face. it was not warm.. it was already cold..

“I will miss you and I love you too my sister.”