chapter 10

MY GIRLFRIEND'S TWIN

 

“you’re lying. I know. . . I know you love me too.”

“how many times do I have to tell you that I don’t have any feelings for you? i just came here to meet you and  say that . . . that I’m getting married.”

He felt a stabbed of pain on his chest the moment she raised her left hand in front of him. his throat tightened when he began to talk. “no .. you can’t..  you can’t get married with him. what about us? What about you.. me?”

“Look. There’s no us. You and me? our relationship has already ended a year ago. It’s just you, who keeps on lingering with me. I don’t want to cheat with ji yong. I love him so much. I really do! I came here to tell you about our marriage so you could stop. I don’t want him to misunderstand us.”

The two both stared at each other’s eyes. she doesn’t want to hurt him, but it was her only choice. “but you said you love me. jenny.”

“i loved you. I had fallen for you. but it was all in the past. You can’t bring back the past yongbae. I’m living now with my present and right now, it’s all that matters to me. ji yong. him. I want to spend the whole rest of my life with him. so please ju-“

Without even letting her to finish, yongbae suddenly hugged her tightly. jenny tried to pull away but his hands were tightly wrapped around her. “yongbae! what are you doing?! Yah! let me go!”

“please don’t leave me.” he murmured. placing his chin above her shoulder, yongbae closed his eye and let tears flow down his cheeks.

Jenny could feel her body hardly pressed against him, unable to breathe and move, jenny stopped pulling away as she sighed in defeat. “yongbae.. please let me go. I’m begging you. please forget about me. love someone else. I know, there’s a right one for you. just look around and you will notice her. the girl, who really loves you. the girl who truly deserve your love. love a girl like that.”

“I can’t . the one I love is you..”

“someday.. I know.. if ever you already find a girl, you will remember what I said.”

 

 

“je-jenny..”

From his bed, yongbae opened his eyes. he blinked twice and finally realized it was just a dream. staring into the white ceiling, yongbae turned his head on his left side but he didn’t found her. he sat on the bed and moved his head around the room. but there are no traces of her. “where is she?” he murmured.

Picking up the boxer short and white shirt on the floor, he immediately dressed himself and made his way to the kitchen. While walking, he saw a lady busy cooking, checking the stove every now and then. the view of her back made yongbae smiled. he actually felt good after the dream he had a while ago. he love how her hair tied up sideways and how her pink apron suit her. it was very far from her every day look. no heavy make-up, no high heeled shoes and excessive accessories. Tiptoeing at her back, yongbae slowly inserted his arms on her sides and wrapped it around her. “omo! yongbae-ah. you’re already awake.” He nodded his head and looked at the foods she’s cooking. “why are you up so early? I thought you run away.” yongbae said. she giggled and playfully poke yongbae’s head. “why would I run away from you? after everything we had last night?” she met his eyes and gave her a wink. Yongbae saw the playful smile on her face and kissed her on her neck before he let go. “you really made me tired last night chaerin-ah.” she giggled again. turning off the stove, chaerin prepared the plates on the tables. “uhmm.. do you know what day is tomorrow?” chaerin asked half excited. Taking out a pitcher from the fridge yongbae poured himself a glass of orange juice. “ofcourse, our anniversary.” He said as he sipped his orange juice and sat on the chair. Chaerin felt happy, she thought he will forget about their anniversary, carefully laying the eggs and hotdogs on the plates, chaerin sat beside yongbae and prepared to eat. “what do you want?” yongbae said. “can you really give me what I want?” chaerin asked. yongbae stared at her, he was a bit hesitant but finally nodded his head. “sure.” Chaerin took a bite of her food before she open and say her request. “I don’t like gifts or anything. because I’m thinking, since tomorrow is our 1st anniversary, I think it’s the right time to tell everyone about our relationship.”

 

******

“unnie? bommie unnie.”

“aigoo, did she came here early?”

“aniyo. I think she fell asleep here. look at bommie’s clothes. she didn’t changed her clothes.”

Minzy and seungri arrived at the office early. they thought they were the only people inside until they found someone sleeping so soundly in her desk. Her head buried in the papers as she snored loudly enough to make seungri and minzy giggled. “bom noona.” seungri shook bom’s shoulder to wake her up but she didn’t budge.  “unnie. unnie.” minzy said. bom groaned and shifted her head from left to right. “yah noona!” seungri yelled. when bom heard a loud voice, she slowly opened her eyes, unable to think properly she raised  her head and found minzy and seungri standing on her both sides. “huh?” she looked around and finally realized that she fell asleep in the office. “noona, did you spent your whole night here?” seungri asked. bom nodded her head as she rubbed her sleepy eyes with the back of her hands. “yeah. I was too tired and lazy last night to go home so i decided to just sleep here. but .. what time is it? why are you two so early?” bom asked. she eyed at the two of them and when she saw how seungri smirk at minzy. “yah, are you two dating?” her voice filled with excitement the moment she asked them “aniyo! unnie!” minzy waved her hands and shook her head totally shocked by bom’s question. “omo noona! how did you know? we look good together right?” said seungri as he stood beside and put his arms around minzy’s shoulder. bom giggled softly at the two f them, she knew right from the start that there’s something going on between them. “unnie, I think you should go home first and change clothes.” “a-aniyo. I’m still waiting for chaerin. I have to give the papers to her.” bom looked at the paper works piled up above her desk. Till now, she can’t believe that she just finished a mountainous work in a total of one night. “noona you should go home and rest fo a while, minzy and I will just give the paperworks to chaerin noona.” seungri said. bom stared at the two of them for a long moment, thinking whether she should go home or wait for chaerin bom finally stood up from her seat and grab her shoulder bag above his desk. “okay then if you insist. But make sure you won’t forget to give this papers to chaerin okay??” minzy and seungri nodded their head as they watched bom walked away from them. “I’ll just change my clothes and be back in a while.” Said bom.

******

 

*cellphone rings

Hearing the sounds of his annoying phone, without raising his head on his desk and opening his eyes. ji yong grabbed his cellphone inside his pocket and pressed the answer button. “who’s this?” he said in a sleepy tone.”COUSSSSSSINNNNNN!!!!!” the loud voice coming from the phone made ji yong freaked out as he stared at the caller’s name. “yah! you bastard!” ji yong heard a chuckled on the other line. “ ji yong is this how you’re going to treat me? come on, I’m back. Don’t you want to see me?” “yah, you always come and go whenever you like. you didn’t even contacted me nor your parents for half a year. I nearly thought you were dead already.” “aish. I’m sorry about that. but you know the reason why I didn’t answer your phone calls right? especially mom? ugh! anyway, i’m excited to see you again.”baby, who are you talking to? Ji yong smirk the moment he heard a woman’s voice. “yah, you didn’t change at all.” he said. oh, nothing baby. just with someone. what’s wrong with your lips? Why does it look so pale? come here let me give you kiss. ji yong furrowed his eye brows and put away his phone on his ears totally disgusted by the kissing sounds. “aish you-““oh hey Ji yong I need to hung up now. I’m quite busy too you know. bye I love you cousin!” without even saying goodbye, his cousin hung up the phone. “aish! really, what’s wrong with him?” ji yong stretched his hands and back as he stood up and stared at the wall clock. “aish. It’s already 8 o’clock and I overslept again. I need to go home and change clothes.”

 

******

“ottoke?.. I’m still sleepy. Wake up bomi-ah, wake up.” softly patting her cheeks with her hands, bom was standing in front of the elevator. while waiting for the door to open, bom decided to check on her phone and opened the unread messages. “aigoo, omma flooded me tons of messages again.” scrolling down her thumb in the screen bom accidentally saw the date today flashed on top of the screen. “omo! ottoke?! ji yong’s…..” “park bom.” completely destructed, bom turned her head on her right side and saw ji yong walking towards her with his one eye brow raised. They both stared at each other from head to toe. “you didn’t go home right? how did you know?” they said in unison. Bom blinked her eyes while ji yong stared at her. “you slept here too right?” he asked. Bom nodded her head. “how did you know?” then the elevator door opened. Ji yong smirk and point his finger at her. “yah, are you trying to draw a map? Wipe that mark beside your mouth. it’s disgusting.” With that, ji yong walked inside the elevator with bom following him behind. “yah, yah ji yong you’re going home too right? then can you please give me a ride?? I’m too lazy right now to take a bus on my way home” said bom while pouting her lips. Ji yong just stared at her and didn’t say a word.

When they reached the basement, bom and ji yong walked towards the car. ji yong entered first inside and sat at the driver’s seat. While bom opened the back door of the car and sat comfortably. Ji yong inserted the car keys in the ignition and started the engine when he noticed bom didn’t sit next to him. he looked back at her who’s comfortably lying down at the back. “yah, am I your driver? get up and sit here in front.” Said ji yong. “wae? but I like it here.” bom eyed him, but ji yong still insist. she sighed heavily as she stepped out of the car. Stomping her feet, bom opened the front door and sat at the front. “put your seatbelt.” “I know.” ji yong watched her put her seatbelt, he knew she was getting annoyed by him. When she’s already done, ji yong hold the steering wheel and turned his gaze on the road.

 

After 30 minutes of driving, ji yong parked his car in front of bom’s house. “bom-ah you’re-“ he was about to tapped bom’s shoulder when he noticed her sleeping. for a moment ji yong stared at her face, he parted the strands of hair covering her face slowly.  he brushed his hands on her face lightly then unknowingly, ji yong found himself touching her lips with his thumb. When bom flinched, he hurriedly removed his hands and stared at the road. after a little while, he stared at her again. he stared at her lips as if he want to try it. “andwe! Andwe! You can’t do this to her. it’s a crime. You will be a ert. Ye-yes.. a p-ert.” Ji yong murmured while shaking his head. but he’s just a man, and bom’s lips keeps on tempting him. looking back at her again, ji yong gulped down and stared at her lips again. He removed his seatbelt as he slowly reached for her. he moved his head closer to her until he could feel her breath, he closed his eyes and he could hear sounds. He could hear his chest thumping hard. “hmmmmm…..ji-ji yong” ji yong backed away immediately and composed himself. He felt embarrassed and at the same time nervous whether bom had seen him or not. “ji-ji yong are we already here??” bom asked still not aware of what happened. “o-oh… you should hu-hurry and go inside bom.” ji yong said. “araso.” before opening the door, bom stared at him, she found him weird. “yah ji yong are you okay? why are you so red?!” she said as she placed her hand on top of his forehead. “aish I’m fine bom!” “yah why are you yelling?! I’m just asking you!” “it’s because you’re irritating me! why are you sleeping while I’m driving do you know how hard-“ ji yong stared at her lips again. “aish! just go!” bom got annoyed by him too, she doesn’t know why ji yong got all so worked up all of a sudden. “fine I’ll go! you hard tempered man!” bom immediately got out of his car and slammed the door hard while ji yong yelled from inside. “aish! that brat! How dare she slam the door.” he watched her entered inside her house. “thank god, she didn’t saw me. aish. why did you even do that ji yong?! you…. you even closed your eyes!?” ji yong pounded his head against the steering wheel repeatedly totally embarrassed by what happened.

*****

“stop the car.”

“chaerin-ah.”

“i said stop the car.”

Yongbae immediately followed her and stopped the car. “i’m going to take a cab.” Chaerin opened the door and got outside of the car. She walked and stood beside the road waiting for a taxi. Meanwhile, yongbae was still inside his car, he was looking at her from the side mirror. “what should i do?” when yongbae noticed that chaerin was about to go inside the taxi, he immediately got out of his car and stopped her. He held her arms and closed the door of the taxi. “chaerin-ah, why are you being so stubborn? Let;s talk. Now. Inside my car.” “let me go. We’re done talking.” Said chaerin. “chaerin-ah can’t you just understand me?” chaerin smirk and met yongbae’s gaze. Her voice was almost shaky when she tried to talk. “yongbae-ah, how long do i have to understand you?” the question made yongbae froze. He stared at chaerin who looked like she was about to cry. “alright.” He sighed. “let’s announce to everyone about our relationship tomorrow, “trust me chaerin, i love you.” as soon as he said that yongbae hugged her, chaerin felt quite relieve but still there’s a part of her that made her worried. Sometimes i wonder if his feelings for me is true.. sometimes i wonder if he really meant the word i love you.

 

****

“this is the first time I slept with a total stranger and I still don’t know what your name is.”

“hmmm.. really? well I thought you already knew my name christene. just call me top.”

“top? wow! even your name sounds so hot”  top was lying down on the bed with christene. They were both under the same blanket wearing nothing but underwears. “kiss me.” christene said. top looked at the girl and smirk, without any complain he followed her and kissed her on her lips. when the kisses got hard, christene slowly crawled up his body while top played on her hair with his hands. then suddenly, top could feel her going down as she kissed his neck, chest and when she finally reached the bottom... “oops! i think we should stop now honey.” Said top as he lightly pushed her away and pulled up his boxer short that got almost pulled down by her. “what? why? oh come on top! we already slept together last night.” said christene. top got out of the bed and laughed softly. “okay, I think you misunderstood something honey.” He paused and stared at the girl for a while. “Last night, nothing happened okay. I know we were both drunk. well, yes we kissed, we rolled in the bed together but nothing happened okay. we just “literally” slept together.”  “well we can do it now.” said christene as she crawled on the bed towards top showing her cleavage. “well.. you see christene.. I really want to do it with you too.. but I can’t. I’m sorry. I still have something to do.” top grabbed his pants and shirt on the floor. he stumbled down as he tried to dressed himself. Christene watched him getting ready to leave. “when am I going to see you again?” she said. “it depends on you honey.” Christene flashed a smile at him, she got up on the bed and open the drawer on the bedside table. She grabbed a pen, a piece of paper and wrote down her cellphone number. “here. take it. I don’t know when but I’ll be waiting okay?” christene held out his right arm while holding a paper. By the time, top was done dressing himself, he walked towards her grabbed the paper. “i won’t forget to call you honey.” “bye top.” top placed the paper in his pocket, and before leaving he kissed christene once again.

“phew! I almost gave in to her! how could she slept with a stranger and tries to do it with me?! that’s why girls like her are a big no no to me. they are so easy and pretty dangerous too.” murmured top, as he walked away from christene’s room. “now where am I going?”

****

“I’m home! gaho-ah, where are you?” while walking around his house, ji yong saw gaho barking and running towards him. “gaho-ah come here.” he held out his arms to gaho and carry him around his arms. He kissed his pet dog many times as they walked inside ji yong’s bedroom and lie down on the bed. “I’m sorry, appa didn’t go home last night. were you scared without me?” gaho barked at him as if he could understand his appa. Ji yong smiled and softly tickled gaho’s little tummy. They played with each other for a little while and when ji yong got tired he gave gaho a food and poured it in the dog’s plate. “eat up gaho-ah, you must be hungry.”

ji yong sat on the edge of the bed and watched gaho eat. while watching him, he suddenly remember bom, the image of her sleeping inside his car popped out inside his head. he felt the heat rising up on his face as he rubbed the back of his neck with his hand. “aish! seriously, why am I thinking of her? It’s hot I think I need to take a shower.”

 

****

“yah bom-ah, call ji yong and ask him to go here and have breakfast with us.”

“wae omma?!” bom’s foods flew out . she frowned when she heard her mom talked about ji yong. “hey you young lady, can you please chew your food first before talking?” bom cleaned up the messed around with tissue then began to talk again. “omma why do you always worry for ji yong? last time you also asked me to bring him some lunch and now you want me to call him and ask him to go here and have breakfast with us?! No way. That jerk, did you know what he did to me?” bom’s mom tried to hide her smile as she stared at bom looking so irritated. “well what did he do to you?” “well he always loses his temper on me, he always yells at me. and he even bully me! omma. I can’t bear to see his face right now.” said bom. “aigoo! you’re exaggerating ji yong’s not that kind of man. maybe you did something wrong that’s why he yelled at you.”bom frowned and took a bite of her food. She didn’t say a word knowing that her mom will only choose ji yong over her. while eating her food, she suddenly remember something. bom grabbed her phone inside her pocket and stared at the date. Then clicked the calendar’s application. “2 weeks more…” bom marked the 18th of august and wrote BBF’s birthday ^^.