chapter 11

MY GIRLFRIEND'S TWIN

 

****

the night came and everyone was tired from work. they were about to leave the office when suddenly chaerin suggested  to everyone to go for a drink. bom, minzy, seungri and daesung was shocked for chaerin never asked them to go for a drink especially after their work. “noona, did you notice? Something’s wrong with chaerin.” seungri murmured behind bom. “I know. I noticed that too. she never spoke to us the whole day.” “unnie, I think we should accompany her.” said minzy. Everyone nodded their head in agreement chaerin clapped her hands and jumped with delight. “yey! Finally. Well I know a bar that serves really good drinks near here. should we go there?” chaerin tried to sound excited and happy but the truth is she was really sad and worried.

 

*****

 “omo! seunghyun-ah! seunghyun-ah!” the moment teddy saw seunghyun inside his bar sitting in a corner he hurriedly ran over and hugged him tightly. “aish! hyunnng!” with a smile on his face seunghyun pushed teddy away acting like disgusted. “yah seunghyun-ah what happened to you!? what did you do with your life? how come you didn’t contact us for almost a year? When did you arrived?” teddy said. “yah yah hyung! Is this how you’re going to treat me? can’t you atleast give me a drink?” said seunghyun as he stared at the bottle of brandy displayed in the counter. Teddy immediately followed him. while waiting for him, seunghyun looked around the bar. He stared at the group of girls dancing in the middle from head to toe, while staring at them one of the girl looked at him. she brushed her hair with her hands and bit her lower lip while seunghyun smile and winked at her. “aigoo seunghyun-ah, I guess that girl likes you.” seunghyun moved his eyes towards teddy who sat beside him. “you know no one can resist my charm right?” seunghyun said as he took a sip from his brandy. “so why did you suddenly came back here?” teddy asked. “I really don’t know. maybe because I want to settle for good.” upon hearing him, teddy suddenly burst out into laughter. “what?! yah TOP is that really you? omo! I can’t believe it came out from your own mouth?!” “I know it doesn’t suit me right? but hyung, I have nowhere to go! the witch cancelled all my  bank accounts! I can’t even use my credit cards and now, I’m much poorer than all the beggars!” “yah seunghyun-ah, you know your mom sh-“ ”witch hyung, she’s a witch.” “uh well okay, you know that witch as long as she’s breathing, she won’t give up that easily especially now that your back I’m perfectly sure she will force you again to handle your company.” seunghyun drank the entire glass of brandy and poured himself another one. “I know hyung, that’s why I’m working on my strategy.”

“uhmm… can you please give me a drink like this.” the two stared at the girl who all of a sudden sat beside seunghyun. When he looked at the girl, he noticed that it was the lady dancing just a a while ago. Teddy stared at the both of them and shook his head at seunghyun. “I’ll be right back with your drink miss.” said teddy.

 

****

“unnie! unnie! we should dance!” minzy was pulling bom’s arm trying to make her dance but bom doesn’t feel like dancing at the moment. she doesn’t even want to drink and all she want was to go home and sleep under her blanket. but what can she do? when chaerin seems not okay. “I’m sorry minzy-ah. I’m a little tipsy right now, go ask seungri and daesung to go dance with you. I’ll be here with chaerin.” said bom with an apologetic smile plastered on her face. minzy agreed with her and asked both seungri and daesung to dance with her. by the time the three of them left, chaerin and bom was left alone sitting in a big black leather couch. bom watched chaerin drank the entire glass of alcohol one after another. “chaerin-ah, are you okay?” said bom as she patted chaerin’s shoulder. “I’m okay.. don’t worry about me. you too.. unnie you.. you should drink.” chaerin handed a glass to her, but bom shook her head not wanting to drink anymore. “unnie, I’m really upset right now, just once can you please accept this?” bom stared at her eyes, chaerin looked like she was about to cry so she immediately grabbed the glass and drank it. the alcohol sent bom pain in the moment she gulped it down. “unnie.. have you ever been inlove?” bom was quite surprised by chaerin’s random question so she shyly replied. “I don’t know if that was love. I guess I’ve never been in love. how about you chaerin?” bom met charin’s eyes and she knew it was something connected to what’s happening with chaerin. “hmmmm… yes. but too bad.. he doesn’t like me.” “why chaerin-ah?! you are so pretty it’s impossible for men not to like you!” chaerin giggled softly at bom. “unnie, that’s not true. I know you’re just trying to cheer me up.” said chaerin. the two became silent for a while, chaerin drank the glass of brandy while bom stared at minzy dancing just a few inches away from them. “unnie, I’m going to the comfort room for a while is it okay if i leave you here alone?” “oh.. it’s okay. you can go chaerin-ah just be quick okay?” chaerin nodded her head, she stood up from her seat but was out of balanced. “chaerin-ah are you okay? can you walk straight?” bom asked a bit worried. “I’m okay unnie, I’m just a little clumsy.  I’ll be back okay.” bom watched chaerin leave wobbling while walking. “I wonder what’s wrong with her..” she murmured.

****

When chaerin got inside of the comfort room, she went inside into one of the cubicle, locked herself inside and sat on the toilet. Her head buried on her hands.

“chae-chaerin”

“chaerin…...”

Chaerin woke up from her sleep, she thought she heard someone so she slowly opened her eyes.  she stared at the beautiful figure lying beside her, the only person she love. without waking him up, chaerin slowly moved closer to him and hug him. “I love you.” she whispered softly.

“je-jenny..” “hm?” chaerin heard yongbae murmured she thought she heard her name. so she moved a little again and listened carefully. “you… you can’t marry him..” chaerin tried to control her laughter. “who am I going to marry yong--“ “jenny you can’t marry him.” chaerin suddenly froze, this time yongbae spoke clearly and chaerin heard him clearly too “you can’t marry him jenny…” yongbae’s voice slowly fade away leaving chaerin motionless and surprised. she doesn’t know how to react or what to say. “even in your dreams you still can’t forget her?” she murmured. chaerin carefully got up from the bed before she walked and stood in front of the mirror examining her body. while staring at her reflection, chaerin felt tears rolling down in her cheeks but immediately wiped it away afraid that yongbae will caught her. but the tears didn’t stop as much as she wanted to “chaerin-ah you fool, it was just a dream. why are you crying so early in the morning?”  she pounded her chest with her hand hoping to ease the pain she felt. but it was hard to endure for her.

*****

“hyung! Hyung we’re here.” seungri waved his hands the moment he saw yongbae and ji yong entering the bar. He walked towards them with a wide smile formed on his face. “where are they?” yongbae asked. “minzy and daesung are dancing over there, while chae-“ “oh, I think I found bom.” ji yong said as he interrupted seungri from his talk. Ji yong was about to go towards bom when suddenly, he noticed seungri’s stares at him. “what? what are you looking at?” said ji yong. “hyung what happened? I only invited yongbae hyung to come over here but why did you tagged along? I thought you don’t like this kind of place. Especially for a workaholic person like you?” seungri flashed a wide, teaseful smile enough for ji yong to be a bit annoyed by him. “it’s not what you think seungri. It’s just that yongbae pleaded me to give him a ride. So wiped off that smile on your face.” ji yong could hear the giggles coming from yongbae and seungri as the three of them walked to where bom is.

From a distance, ji yong could see bom sitting alone in the wide couch. she saw her gulping if he was not mistaken a bottle of brandy.  Ji yong felt a sudden urge worry for he knew bom is not a fond of drinking alcoholic beverages. When they were a few inches away from her, ji yong immediately snatched the bottle from her before bom could even drink again. “who the he-“ bom got mad and looked up the person who snatched the bottle from her.  She was about to yell but stopped when she saw ji yong standing in front of her looking so serious. “ji-ji yong?!” “hi bom!” bom’s eyes flew to the man standing beside ji yong, she doesn’t know if it is him or the alcohol that made her face feel hot. “oh yongbae-ah! you’re here too?” ji yong heard the excitement on her voice when bom saw yongbae. It was weird for him to see bom acting so cute all of a sudden especially with other man. ji yong was planning to take a sit beside bom but yongbae unconsciously preceded before him and sat beside her. ji yong frowned a bit and just decided to sat in front the two of them. “uh yong-“ “by the way where’s chaerin?” asked yongbae looking around trying to find chaerin. “she’s in the comfort room.”said bom. yongbae nodded his head upon hearing her. “you look a bit drunk. are you okay?” bom got a bit surprised by yongbae when he  turned his head in her direction to looked at her. she felt like she will melt anytime by his stares. “i-I’m…f-fine…” “yah, why are you stuttering? I guess you’re really drunk?” yongbae said while patting bom’s head. bom felt shy and smiled sheepishly. While stealing glances at him, from the corner of her eyes bom could see ji yong staring at her blankly with no emotions. She felt awkward and so she stared back at him. and as soon as bom caught his eyes, ji yong immediately looked in different direction, grabbed the bottle of beer placed in the table and drank all of it in one shot. And without even saying a word, ji yong stood up and walked away from them. bom who saw him left so she suddenly got up from her seat and followed him. “yongbae-ah, I’ll just  go and check chaerin. will it be alright if I leave you?” “yeah sure. Tell chaerin I’m here.”

 

*****

“ji yong?”

ji yong went outside the bar to get some fresh air. He sat in the bench trying to understand his emotions, his actions he just did a while ago when out of a sudden, a woman’s voice called his name from the back. “oh, chaerin-ah.” ji yong said as soon as he saw chaerin. “you… what are you doing here? are you alone?” chaerin asked as she walked and sat beside him. Ji yong noticed her unbalanced walk so he held her arm and helped her sat down. “thanks.” “aish, you drank a lot too?” chaerin just smiled at him. “you…. did you go here alone?” “no. I’m with yongbae. He’s with bom. They’re actually waiting for you. you should go inside chaerin-ah.” “I see… if you go. then I’ll go too.” for a moment the two became silent, they both stared at the sky filled with stars. “That bright star must be jenny unnie.” realizing what she said, chaerin softly slapped her lips with her hands. “sorry. I shouldn’t have said that.” meanwhile, ji yong continuously stared at the star chaerin had pointed out. “don’t be sorry chaerin. it’s okay.” chaerin stared at ji yong, she looked at him and noticed how he looked calm and more at ease now whenever jenny’s name brought up. “looks like he already moved on.” “ji yong, can I ask you one thing?” “sure.” he said before he stared at chaerin. ji yong waited for her question but it seems chaerin was having second thoughts. “just tell it. don’t worry.” When ji yong said that, chaerin looked down and stared at her hands placed in her thighs. “when jenny unnie was still alive.. have you ever doubted your relationship with her? Were you sure that… she really love you?” ji yong stayed calm and analysed chaerin’s question. he looked up in the sky again as he reminisce the past of him with jenny.  “a relationship won’t last long if there’s no trust. You have to trust each other no matter what happens.” Even if sometimes you know or you doubted that there’s something going on behind your back. “trust? How can I trust him if I know that he’s still in love with her.” chaerin murmured under her breath. The two became very silent after their talk until ji yong stood up and asked chaerin to go inside with him and meet everyone. “ji yong thank you.” Chaerin said as she stared up at ji yong who’s standing in front of her. “I don’t know what you’re going through but I hope I really helped you chaerin.” said ji yong. chaerin stood up when suddenly she felt dizzy which made her  out of balanced again. when ji yong saw her about to fall on her back he immediately held her both arms and pulled chaerin against him.

 

*****

 “oh I saw him! ji. . . . . . yong?” bom froze at the entrance door when she saw ji yong and chaerin hugging each other. She tried to look somewhere but bom can’t help but look at them. “so this is the reason why he left?” walking away like she saw nothing, bom made her way to the bar counter and there, she sat all alone with disappointment plastered all over her face.

“want some miss?” the bartender gave her a glass of water and when bom saw it she immediately took it from him and drink it. “thank you.” she said. after drinking all of it, the bartender stared at her in amazement. “do you want another glass?” bom nodded her head twice and he gave her another one. “I guess you’re a good drinker.” 

*****

“seungri-ah where are the others?”

“I don’t know hyung. Wait, I’ll go and find them.” yongbae shook his head as he stopped seungri from going. “no I’ll go and find them. and oh, if you happen to see chaerin tell her I’m here okay? and can you please ask everyone to gather here? I have some announcements to say.” after talking with seungri, yongbae went to find everyone. While walking, he checked the time on his watch. “it’s almost time. aish, I should have brought the flowers with me.” yongbae searched all over for them, he was planning to go outside when he suddenly saw a familiar figure passed out drunk at bar counter. “is that. . . bom?!” yongbae walked in hurry, while he was on his way, two strange men approached bom. yongbae sensed danger for they were trying to force bom to go with them. “what are you doing with my girflfriend?” the two man looked at him and he can tell that they were surprised by his sudden appearance. Without saying a word, they let go of bom’s arms and walked away while yongbae didn’t let go his eyes on them until they were completely away. yongbae turned his attention to bom, she passed out again and was really drunk. “aish, if I was a second late something terrible could have happen to you.” staring into the counter, yongbae saw a glass in front of bom and the bartender seems to noticed him “she drank it all.” said the bartender while holding an empty bottle of alcohol. “you mean that bottle?!” the bartender nodded his head. “i tried to stopped her, but she keeps on asking for a refill.” Yongbae sighed and stared at bom. he tapped her shoulder many times trying to wake her up. “bom-ah. you have to wake up” “hmm?” bom seems to heard him, she opened her eyes and raised her head from the counter. bom felt dizzy, her head was spinning and her sight wasn’t clear. She tried to focus to the man sitting in front of her as she smiled widely with the thought that it was ji yong. “yah, w-what are you do-doing here?”  said bom as she pointed out her index finger to him. yongbae thought it was cute to see this side of her, he didn’t say a word and just stare at her letting bom to continue the talk. “right here. it hurts.” said bom crossing her arms in her chest. “do you feel sick bom? where?” bom shook her head. she slowly reached for yongbae’s hand and placed it on her upper left chest. yongbae was surprised and tried to pull his hands away but bom pressed and tightened her grip. “right here. it hurts. it was crazy..  it keeps on bouncing and boucing. I thought the water could help me. so I drank all of it. B-but It got worsen….” Yongbae can’t understand bom but he could feel she was about to cry anytime. “bo-bom-ah, let’s get you home okay?” “andwe! I’m not done yet. “ said bom as she sniffed and hiccupped a little. “but you know when did it stopped? it was the moment I saw you. just now. that’s why I’m really thankful to you. you are really my bestfriend.” bom let go of his hands and hugged him tightly. “ji yong-ah.. thank you.” she murmured.