Chapter 13

MY GIRLFRIEND'S TWIN

 

"i like you." bom stared at the man sitting across him. she felt like she was in a fairy tale land. It was dark and the night sky was filled with shining stars, the wide ocean spread across them was very calm and the cool breeze that fluttered her hair made bom smile with content. it was just very romantic. Bom breathed in, and stared at the man sitting beside her. Her chest was beating so fast enough for her to have a heart attack anytime. The place was a bit dark, but she could still see the man's figure. She even thought that he resembled someone, someone so close to her. "bom i like you." he repeated. Bom didn't say a word so the man went on. "i like you bom." the voice, how come it was so familiar? She thought. "can you close your eyes?" it felt like someone put a spell under her. she can't speak, she can't see him and yet she didn't feel scared, she felt safe, warm. She felt as if that person is so special to her and without any complains Bom followed him, closed her eyes and then it happened. she felt something touched her lips. A kiss.

 

 

 

 

 

"hmmm stop. It tickles me. Noooo pft!" bom was giggling in her sleep. She never planned to open her eyes until she felt something wet brushing against her cheeks. Slowly opening her eyes, bom was shocked to find out that it was just a dream and that it wasn't a person who kissed her but a "dog?!?" she exclaimed As she immediately moved away and fell off the bed. Ji yong who happened to be at the kitchen heard a thud sound and hurriedly went to his room. he opened the door and to his surprised he found bom lying on the floor rubbing her sideways. “bom? what happened?” ji yong said as he walked towards her. all of a sudden, bom felt an unbelievable pain coming from her head. she felt as though someone’s pounding her top part. with her hands rubbing her head, bom went back and sat on the bed. ji yong too, sat beside her, worried. Then he met her eyes. “what am I doing here?” said bom. “what happened last night?” “did I passed out? omo! then me? you?” bom looked down and examined her body. She looked at her clothes and she was still wearing the same. “yah, what are you thinking?” said ji yong as he eyed bom suspiciously knowing what she was thinking. bom shrugged dismissing the dirty thoughts inside her mind. “but ji yong what happened last night? I-I can’t remember. how did I end up here?” in ji yong’s eyes, bom almost looks like those kids who just woke up from their sleep, she seemed so lost and innocent with her messy hair pointing at different directions. He chuckled. “yah next time don’t drink too much.” he said. ji yong think for a while then shook his head taking back the words. “aniyo. next time, don’t drink again without me.” he smiled and pet her head. bom swallowed and felt something tickled her stomach as she stared at his face. she looked away and turned her attention to the dog biting the pillow on the bed. “y-yah! this dog. Is she yours?” bom asked changing the topic.  She held the dog and placed it on her lap.  Somehow, ji yong sensed bom was uncomfortable. He removed his hand on her head and cleared his throat. “yeah. And he’s a HE bom. his name is gaho.” “really? he’s cute! I’ve always wanted a dog. But mom thinks they just pooped anywhere.” “ just like you?” ji yong giggled. “yah!” bom blushed, furrowed her eyebrows and hit ji yong’s shoulder.

 

The two talked for a while, bom asked about what happened last night again and ji yong told her everything. from the moment he saw her with yongbae, up to the point he carried her on his back till they got home. “aish! my back hurts until now. you should lose more weight bom.” “yah I won’t deny that I eat a lot but I’m not that heavy jiyong. And what about you? you acted so tough and masculine, but look at yourself. You’re so skinny! Too thin for a guy.” ji yong chuckled and just stared at her. bom again, felt this strange feeling. she couldn’t look at him straight in the eye. She smiled sheepishly then once again, turned her attention to gaho. She tickled his tummy then gave him a kiss. ji yong who was watching her thought that being a dog sometimes is a good thing. “bom-ah, do you want to eat? I made breakfast for you.” “breakfast? Eat?” bom’s face brightened up. she nodded her head, stood up then made her way to the kitchen leaving the dog and ji yong behind. The two ate their breakfast happily there were times when bom would steal glances at him and there were times when they held their gazes for a second but neither of them dared to talk about it. After shoving the last piece of bread inside , bom gulped glass of milk then looked at ji yong again. “can I ask you something?” ji yong stood up from his seat and went toward the kitchen counter, his back facing bom as he poured himself a cup of coffee. “sure.” “ji yong-ah did I do something weird last night?” in the middle of pouring himself a cup of coffee, he stopped then looked back at bom then stared away again. “well…” ji yong took a sipped of coffee then sat across bom. “well?” bom asked, her expression worried. “you can’t remember?” “no.” bom felt more worried now. “you see bom… last night, both of us were really drunk and..” “and what? what happened?” ji yong tried to hold in his laughter as he watch bom got paranoid. “everything happened bom. I actually now see you differently.” With his smirk, bom swallowed. What the hell happened last night?! she thought. “oh my God! I knew it! I puke a lot?! That’s why you see me differently right?”with her statement, ji yong’s mouth formed a perfect circular “o” completely speechless. Ah I forgot! I’m talking to a complete innocent kid. bom looked so disappointed she was surprised when ji yong suddenly exploded with laughter. “yah. what’s funny?” ji yong covered his mouth with his hands still laughing. Ji yong leaned forward, slid his elbow on the table and cupped his chin in his hands. “have I already told you that there is never a dull moment when I’m around you?”

 

 

******

 

 

“ji yong hyung!”

ji yong was in front of the elevator when he turned his head and saw yongbae calling out his name. they both entered inside the elevator then yongbae grabbed something inside his pocket. He gave the car keys to ji yong after saying his thank you. “hyung, I owe you a lot.” “did everything went okay last night?” ji yong asked. yongbae’s smile had already explained verything. “Ne..chaerin liked it very much. thanks to you hyung for giving me a lot of advice and sorry too for all the disturbances.” Ji yong shrugged. “it’s okay. you and chaerin are my friends. by the way yongbae, I have a conference to attend three days from now in japan. Take care of everything here while I’m gone okay? I’m just telling it to you now in advance because I think I’m going to be very busy these days.” “are you planning to buy that famous hotel in japan hyung?” “yeah. I wish mr. mizuhara will take my offer.” “how long you will be gone?” “if everything went smoothly then I guess I’ll be gone for 2 days? But that’s impossible. That Mizuhara is really a private person. I have to meet him in person. I can’t come back here without gaining something.”

 

 

******

 

“chaerin unnie! what is that necklace? Omo! don’t tell me your special someone gave it to you?” minzy asked.

chaerin touched her necklace, she smiled shyly but didn’t respond to them.  bom who was also there, sitting beside them stared at her necklace. Though chaerin didn’t say anything, she could see from her face and expressions that it was given by someone. Who would gift herself a heart shaped necklace?! Bom thought. “speaking of gift.” Bom mumbled. from her table, bom looked at the calendar and she almost forgot ji yong’s birthday is already next week. “what gift should I buy for him?” she murmured. bom think for a while. She imagined herself giving ji yong a new pair of shoes, bags and clothes. “aish, but ji yong owns a lot of them.” “yah unnie!” bom  jerked up, realizing she was in a dazed when minzy called her attention.  “wae minzy-ah?” “are you okay? we heard you were whispering something.” bom shook her head and faked a smile. “a-aniyo. it’s nothing.”

 

******

“hyung, thanks for driving me here.” seunghyun tapped teddy’s shoulder before he got out of the car. “no problem. Just let me know if you still need anything.”  stepping his foot on the ground, top looked up at the tall building in front of him. “Looks like ji yong is doing great.” he murmured to himself. Before going inside, top fixed his suit first then wear his sunglass just in case someone might recognized him. Every woman turned their heads as soon as they saw him entered the vicinity and walked like a boss with both hands inside his pocket. “omo! who is he?! so handsome.” Top didn’t mind them and just went straight to the information centre. Taking off his shades, top slid his one elbow on the table then leaned a bit closer which made the girl stood in a dazed amazed by top’s beauty. “hi, is ji yong’s here?” “n-ne?” the lady replied. “uh-uh.. i-I’m sorry b-but” “oh please don’t tell me that I can’t meet him?” top pouted his lips. his face looked so sad and cute making the lady to admire him more. “well.. I can tell him that you’re here. what is your name?” top shook his head. “no no. i actually want to surprise him. can you tell me where on this big tall building can I find him? miss. . . ” top stared at the lady’s name plate on her upper left chest. “Ms. Kim? Oh what a beautiful name” top caressed her cheeks then smiled he knew that at that moment the lady already fell for him. “go to the 15th floor then turn to the left. you can find sajangnim’s office there.” bingo!  With that, top left and went to the elevator. He pressed the up button and waited for the door to open. while waiting for the door, top heard his cellphone vibrated inside his pocket. scrolling down his thumb on the screen he was surprised by the message. “that witch! How did she know?!” he murmured as he read the message. By the time the door opened, top hurriedly went inside while his eyes still focused on the phone.

“ouch!” Without realizing that someone’s coming out, he accidentally bumped into someone. papers scattered everywhere when top looked back. he found a girl picking up the papers. He wanted to help her but the door was about to close. “sorry!”he only yelled. top then turned his attention to his cellphone again. while reading the message, he suddenly remember the girl he bumped. Though her hair was covering her face, top saw a little glimpse of her. he wasn’t sure if it was her or not but surely she looks like her. “aniyo that’s impossible. must be someone she resemble.”

 

******

Touching his lips with his hand, ji yong was smiling brightly all by himself inside his office. for almost an hour, he sat infront of his desk not doing anything but thinking of things that happened last night. he giggled and blushed remembering the kiss he planted on bom’s lips. it’s been so long since he felt this kind of feeling. When was the last time he felt this way? He wondered. His smile faded away realizing that what he’s been doing was wrong. “no, damn ji yong! how could you? no. it can’t happen. No.” he brushed his hair with hands then turned to look at jenny’s picture placed on his desk. .” “you can fall for anyone but not her. not her ji yong.”  he said convincing himself. “she’s my girlfriend’s twin. You should bury and remember that in your mind.” ji yong leaned back, closed his eyes and sighed in frustration.

“COUUUUUUUUUSIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!” with his manly voice, top who just reached his office made a surprised entrance for ji yong. without thinking whether ji yong was in the mood  to see him at the moment or was in shock by his sudden existence, he immediately went to him, threw himself on ji yong’s lap and hugged him tightly. “”ji yong-ah! I missed you!” “y-yah! top hyung!?!” ji yong who was in a complete shocked tried to pushed him away. “ji yong-ah! saranghae!” “oh my goodness top hyung! I know you’re so happy right now but please move away!” top pounded ji yong’s chest softly then pulled away from him still giggling like a little kid. ji yong too laughed happy to see his cousin. “hyung what the hell happened with you?” “ji yong-ah, I travelled aaaaarouuuund the world.” “you travelled? Or you run away?”ji yong raised his eyebrow.  “well . . . “ “hyung, did you know your mom was so worried about you? we tried to contact you but you weren’t answering your phone.” top rolled his eyes, annoyed. “I know, I know and I’m really sorry for that. but i don’t want to stay here. I really can’t do what you are doing ji yong. I don’t have the potential to become a ceo or should I say the president of this company too.” “if you don’t want then why did you came back here? aren’t you afraid of the “witch”?” said ji yong quoting the word witch with his fingers. top chuckled again. “I’m not. there’s a reason why I’m here.” top saw a ballpen  on ji yong’s desk and played it with his hands then suddenly glanced at the picture of a woman. “ji yong-ah, are you dating someone already?” following top’s gaze, ji yong shook his head. “no. I’m not.” “I see. . . do you want me to introduce you to someone? i can give you really hot girls if you want?” ji yong shook his head again and laughed softly. “nevermind hyung. Keep them for yourself.” “aish! no I will surely give you some. You should start seeing someone again ji yong. I know it’s hard but think about her. jenny. she won’t be happy in heaven if she sees you living alone trapped in your memories. You should explore! And look for something new, something fresh something like. . . .”

“ji yong-ah! ji yong-ah!” 

“ her.” destructed at the same time astonished, top glanced at the pretty lady who just entered the office. “ji yong-ah am I seeing a ghost?” he murmured under his breath.

bom didn’t know ji yong was talking with someone as she stepped back a little and bowed down apologizing. “oops. sorry, I thought you were alone.” she was ready to stepped out when ji yong called her. “don’t you know how to knock on the door? what is it bom?” from the corner of his eyes, ji yong could see top looked at him with a questioning look. “oh. Sorry I forgot. Anyway, it’s not that important. Go ahead and talk with your visitor first.” “don’t leave yet bom. I want to introduce him to you.” “n-ne?” bom eyed the man. she ran her eyes up and down and thought he look weird with his white spiky colored hair. wow looks like someone got an electric shock here.  bom’s lips twitch almost laugh at her own thought. she greeted the man with her beautiful smile. “hello. I’m park bom. who are you?” top glanced at ji yong’s first then to bom. “hi I’m seunghyun just call me top.” he smiled too. “I –I didn’t know jenny has a twin.” he added. “you know jenny too?!” bom asked, surprised. “yeah well, sort of.” He shrugged. The three of them sat in the couch, they talked for a while and top loves bom’s funny personality. she’s a lot different from her sister, way a lot different. bom on the other hand, felt like ji yong wasn’t in the mood. Everytime she was trying to talk with him, ji yong would just nod his head and say few words like “ouh.. ne..” but if it was top, ji yong would talk and laugh with him continuously as if she wasn’t even there. later on, bom stood up and decided to leave. “I forgot. I have some work to do.”bom  said with a slight smile formed in her face. ji yong looked up at her and just nodded his head. why? what is this? why is it so strange? Bom thought.“bye bom, see you around.” Said top waving at her. bom turned her back and walked away she opened the door but was taken aback when she saw woman standing in front with a scary look on her face. the woman raised his eyebrow and went inside without saying anything.  bom’s gaze followed her. “you brat!” top and ji yong both automatically stood up from their seat shocked. “o-o-omma?!” “anneonghaseyo ommoni.” Seunghyun’s mom stared and smiled at ji yong first before she gritted her teeth and looked at top. “long time no see. . . . . SON.” from the moment top saw his mom he knew what will happen next. “a-anneong witch oops omma. you’re still alive huh?” Top moved backwards planning to escape. but his mom was in front and blocking the door. “o-omma, why don’t you take a sit first?” “yah, stop playing around and come with me.” “andwe.” “wae? you don’t have enough money. You don’t have a home to live in. where else will you go?” ji yong stared at him,suspicions can be read in his eyes. so this is why you’re here hyung? for money and house?! hyung, you’re dead. “yah! choi seunghyun!” bom jumped in fright when she heard top’s mom yelled in anger. With a frightened looked in his face,top started to move around the office,  giving his mom a catch me if you can look. “yah seunghyun-ah! are you playing with me!?come here!” Mrs. Choi went towards with top. but her son quickly transferred from other to place to another. “aish omma I need you to calm down first.” “I’m very calm son. very very calm. So come here and we need to talk.” “no you’re not! look at your expression so scary!” mrs. Choi forced a smile on her face just to convinced him. top thought it was creepy and it made him keep his distance away from her. when he noticed that his mom wasn’t blocking the door anymore, he made the chance to try to escape but his mom seemed to know what he was trying to do so she yelled at bom who was beside the door watching them. “yah! don’t let him go!” “N-Ne?!” bom suddenly panicked, she didn’t know what to do and just hurriedly went outside, closed the door and pulled it with all her might without letting go of the knob. “oh my God! he’s so strong! please stop pulling!” she yelled with her eyes closed. meanwhile, top was doing everything to open the door. “gosh! where did she get all these strength?! Yah bom! open the door he yelled. please dear god, I’m not yet ready to die.” When top looked over his shoulder his mom was already beside him and without having second thoughts, Mrs. Choi pinched his ear and dragged him to the couch. “ouch! O-ommma! Ouch!” “you even dare to escaped from me you jerk?!”

ji yong who noticed all the chaos that happened inside his office was speechless. It’s been a long time since this happened again and it’s because of his hyung too. he watched top getting hit and scolded by his mom like a kid. he giggled at the view of them. knowing that he might probably disturbed them, ji yong just decided to leave the room, but by the time he reached for the door and turned the knob. “impossible.” He murmured then smiled. without knowing anything, bom was still pulling the door outside. her forehead sweating and her arms started to hurt a little. Ji yong pushed the door forcefully making bom to lose her grip and fell on the floor. “ouch!” “yah, who told you to hold the door that long?!” ji yong said. he held out his hand to help bom stand up. “geez! I didn’t know. I was afraid that his mom will scold me so I didn’t let go of the knob.” Bom pouted her lips and bent her head down as if she was being scolded. “aish, this might take a lot of time.” ji  peeked inside and rubbed the back of his neck. “do you want to accompany me first?” bom’s face lightened up then nodded her head. “okay then.”

for the first time, they decided to go outside the company to eat. ji yong wanted to drink coffee while bom wanted to eat chocolate cake. They went at the nearby coffee shop and bom was so happy to find different varieties of cakes displayed in the counter. drooling just because of cakes, ji yong couldn’t hide his amusement for bom.  she really acts like a kid. Even these kinds of simple things can make her happy like that. the two sat across each other. while waiting for their order, bom noticed ji yong staring out the window. his face was blank and no emotions. “is there any problem?” bom made ji yong to turned his head and finally stared at her. “n-no. it’s nothing.” “you look sad. who made you sad like that?! tell me! I’m going to show them my karate chop! Hu! Hu! Hu!” “what?! pft!” ji yong exploded with laughter. He laughed at the way bom moved her hands and pretended she’s chopping something. bom too laughed. she doesn’t want to see ji yong so sad and it felt weird for her. “oh that’s right! I almost forgot!” bom was looking for something in the table but couldn’t find it. “here’s your cake and coffee sir enjoy.” “oh wait!” bom stopped the waitress and smiled cutely. “uh. Can I borrow your pen? And oh, a paper too.” “sure ma’am.” the waitress grab a pen and paper inside her pocket. “yah, what is that paper and ballpen for?” “just shut up and sipped your coffee.” Bom tore the paper into three pieces, lay it on the table then wrote something on it. ji yong tried to looked at it but bom covered it with her hands as if someone’s copying her answer in a test. “done!” she folded the three paper into half, shuffled it then lay it on the table. Before saying anything, bom took a bite first of her cake. “ji yong-ah, choose one from here.” said bom. “what are you doing? what is that?” “bom shook her head and frowned. “don’t ask so many questions just choose one and you’ll know it.” bom smiled. “aish! palli! I want to eat my cake now.” ji yong just sighed and picked one from the three. He was about to unfold the paper but bom snatched it away. “okay, are you sure this is the one?” ji yong nodded his head. “are you sure?” “yes.” bom looked worried, suddenly she felt like regretting everything she had written. “you sure huh?” “bom what is that? just open it.” ji yong said already impatient of her. “araso araso.” bom handled the paper back to ji yong. “now open it slowly and say what’s written inside.” Bom closed her eyes, hands clasped together while ji yong was in the process of unfolding the paper. “3” he said. bom then giggled, thinking she was still lucky he didn’t picked numbers 5 and 10. “tada! That’s my gift for your birthday.” “ji yong raised his left eyebrow not getting what bom said. He sipped his coffee once more. “birthday gift? this? 3?” bom nodded her head. “ji yong-ah, you can use my body for three times.” “ouch! hot!” ji yong spilled coffee from his mouth again, totally surprised by bom.” damn! I wonder if she’s doing this on purpose!? Why must I spill everything in my mouth when she’s saying something strangely unbelievable? “wha-what? 3 times ? your body?” no! ji yong that’s not what she meant! Stop your erted mind! Ji yong cursed himself for thinking that way. If bom could read minds, she might probably kill him anytime. “yeah. 3 times. don’t you like it? just tell anything and I’ll do it for you.” finally getting what she was trying to say, ji yong nodded his head then smile already relieved. “ahh… you mean, I have three wishes right? aish, you should choose the right words bom!” he said. bom frowned. “wae? what’s wrong? Isn’t that the same with using my body?” “no that’s not the same, people might mistakenly—“ ji yong saw her expression and she was completely clueless and innocent. “aish, anyway you will not get it even if I explain it to you bom.” “so what now? what do you want me to do for you Mr. Kwon Jiyong? anyway, we can’t do it right now. that three wishes. . . you can only use it on the day of your birthday and oh, don’t worry, it will expire after three days okay?” “I’m sorry. but I think we can’t do it bommie.” bom frowned again. “wae?! what’s wrong? it’s your birthday!” “I will be going to japan three days from now. my birthday is already next week so I might not be able to come here on time.” disappointment, frustrated and at the same time sad. bom sighed heavily. “really?” ji yong heard her sad voice, he knew she was disappointed. So he came up with a good idea in order to cheer her. “what if we do it after I came back?” bom suddenly glanced at him, her eyes sparkled at ji yong’s great idea. “really? that’s okay with you?” “yeah, but in one condition.” Bom suddenly felt uneasy knowing that there’s a condition. “okay tell me what’s your condition.” Ji yong smirked. “it will not be 3 wishes anymore but 4.” “hul! four?!” “wae? you don’t like it? then fine.” “a-a-niyo! B-but ji yong.” bom pouted her lips. “it’s a bit. . .  I’m not a slave you know? Even Aladdin got only three wishes.” “I’m not Aladdin bom. so what do you think? No? then okay. we will not do i—“ “araso! aish! but I have one condition too!” “what is it?” bom smiled happily “you should bring me presents from japan when you got here okay?”

“deal.”