Chapter 4

MY GIRLFRIEND'S TWIN

 

1 year later          

 

 

“omo  bom-ah!!! Park bom!”

Bom was walking inside the airport when she heard a voice calling out her name. She look for it and finally, she found dara. bom squealed in delight as she run over to her best friend and hug her tightly.

“yah! dara! I missed you!” bom said.

“bom-ah! I missed you too. It’s been a year! I’m so happy you’re back.” Says dara.

 “I know. I’m happy too! But..”

bom pulled away from dara and look from her left to right.

“dara why are you alone? Where’s mom?”

“aigoo.. Your mom? Did you know that my ears got almost exploded because she keeps on reminding me to pick you up here?! I guess she’s so excited to see her daughter. Your mom is at your house cooking your favorite foods.”

“omo really?! but it would be nice if she came here too. Oh by the way! Hmm… dara.. what about..ji yong? How is he?”

Dara’s expression changed when bom suddenly mentioned ji yong’s name.

“uh..ji yong, well, he always visits your mom making sure that she’s just okay… but bom, he’s kinda scary nowadays.. “

Bom gave dara a questioning look “what do you mean scary?”

“well.. ever since jenny left us, ji yong changed. he gets mad easily, even if you didn’t do anything wrong he will get annoyed with you. he seems so different now, omo! and there’s a time when I went at his company.. I saw him scolding one of his employees and he fired him immediately just because he spilled some coffee on his shirt.” Says dara.

Bom can’t believe what dara’s talking about. She left for states a month after jenny died not because she want to, but because her mom told her. At that time, it was really hard for her, she can’t eat, she can’t leave the house and there wasn’t a time or a day without her crying. So her mom forced her to leave and go to the states. Now that she’s back, it seems like so many things have changed.

“what happened during those days after I left?” bom thought.

Bom attentively listens while dara is still talking about ji yong.

“I’m also worried because Ji yong always overwork himself, he will leave early in the morning and then comes back late at night that’s how he live his life and eversince jenny died… I never saw him laugh like what he used to be before. Bom, ji yong is still inlove with jenny and I think, it will take many more years to heal ji yong’s wounds..”

 

>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<

 

After the long talk, the two already went at bom’s house to greet her mother.

“OMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!”

Bom screamed excitedly, knowing that her mother is in the kitchen she went straightaway and hug her mom.

“aigoo! Bom-ah you’re already here?!” bom’s mom stared at bom. she miss her daughter so much that it made her really really happy to see her again after a year. She cupped bom’s face while tears of joy escaped from their eyes.

“how are you mom? Were you scared while I’m gone? I’m sorry.”

Bom’s mom shook her head. “no, I’m not scared at all. Dara’s with me all the time. It must be you who were scared? I’m sorry if i sent you away from here.”

“I’m fine.. if you didn’t sent me away I would still be that girl who’ll always cry.. but thanks to you mom..”

Bom hug her mom once again they went to the dining room with dara, talk with each other and eat their dinner together. 

 

>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<

 

After their dinner, bom went upstairs to her room. she put her suitcase behind and jumped off the bed feeling tired. She stared at the ceiling for a while happy that she’s already back…. but there’s this feeling that something’s missing..

Bom got up from her bed and walked outside. just beside her room, is the room of jenny. she slowly open the door and went inside. A smile formed on bom’s face.

“it’s still the same. Jenny’s room is still the same.” Bom murmur

Bom looked around at jenny’s room and saw something. she grab the picture of her twin and run her fingers on it.

“jenny-ah, how are you? I’m back.. …….I miss you.”

Bom kissed jenny’s picture and lay down on the bed. That night, she fell asleep with jenny’s picture on her chest”

 

>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<

“ji yong?…… ji yong??.... wake up ji yong…”

“hmmm?”

Ji yong was sleeping on his desk when he felt someone’s shaking his shoulder. He raised his head still a bit sleepy. He rubs his face with his hands while resting his elbow on the desk.

“is it already morning?” he says as he lifts his face up to look at yongbae.

“yeah, why didn’t you go home last night?”

“I was planning to.. but I have so many things to do I didn’t know that I fell asleep here in my office again.”

Yongbae shooks his head as he patted ji yong’s back.

“yah ji yong, try to relax and enjoy yourself a little more.”

Ji yong stood up from his seat and just smile. “i’ll just go home and change clothes first.”

“alright, if that’s what you want. I’ll just take care of everything here.”

*cellphone rings

Before ji yong could even open the door, he heard his cellphone rings and grab it on his left side pocket.

“oh mom? What is it?”

“ji yong, where are you?”

“hmm.. I’m here at the office. why?”

“aigoo! You didn’t go home again right?!”

“uh-uh… yeah.. I’m quite busy these days mom. But I’m on my way home now to change clothes.”

“oh really?! Then after you change your clothes, you go drop by at my house I’ll make you a breakfast.”

“bu-but.. mom don’t bother yourself.. I’m okay.”

“aish ji yong! Do you want me to feel bad?”

“ofcourse not. Bu-but…

“aigoo my son, no need to worry and besides I’m at the market right now to buy some ingredients, oh and.. if it happens that you arrive at the house first, I just put the key under the pot outside. You can open the door, go inside and rest for a while first. okay?”

ji yong can’t say no to his mother-in-law, as she sounded so excited on the phone, so in the end he just agreed to have his breakfast at their house.

“market? Ingredients? Is there something special today?” ji yong wondered as he headed outside the office.

 

>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<

 

*ding dong *ding dong

Ji yong pressed the doorbell few times, but it seems that his mother in law is still not home yet so he decided to get the keys under the pot to open the door.

He slowly walks inside the house and look around. Somehow, he feels weird being inside someone’s home………alone. while waiting, ji yong decided to go upstairs.

 without making any footstep sounds, he went in front of jenny’s room. ji yong just stood infront of her door with his right hand on the knob. he’s not that far from opening the door when his cell phone rings again. he sigh, released his hands from the knob and went downstairs to answer his phone.

“oh yongbae? What is it?”

Meanwhile, inside that room is where the sleeping beauty lies. Like a baby who doesn’t really care of what’s going on around her so innocent that she didn’t even know that ji yong is just inside her house. Bom is still on her dreamland hugging her comfy soft pillows on her legs.

Bom tossed and turn around her bed as the sunlight coming from the window hit her face.

 “hmmmm..”

She slowly opened her sleepy eyes and yawn. Still not on her senses, she sat up on the bed and scanned the room.

“huh? I didn’t know that I fell asleep here?” says bom as she hold jenny’s picture and smiles at it.

“good morning jenny!”

From her room, bom went downstairs stretching her arms and back she went straight to the kitchen but her mom wasn’t there.

“mom? where is she?”

Bom then, went to their dining room. She thought her mom is watching as she heard their television is on.

“mom where’s my bre-

Bom suddenly stops from walking, and hurriedly hide beside the wall. Her heart is beating so fast.

“omo! a thief!?” bom whispered.

From the wall, bom peeked in and saw an unfamiliar guy walking around their house. Not thinking twice, bom tiptoed, went back to the kitchen again and grabs the frying pan.

“mom… there’s a thief in our house! what should I do where are you????”  she murmured.

“oh yongbae, I’ll be back later I still have something to finish here.”

bom heard the guy talking on the phone it made her scared and her mind is screaming for help.

“Finish?!! Finish?! Omo! not a thief?! Bu-but… a killer?!”

bom began to tremble in fear as she accidentally dropped the frying pan from her hands which made her to panic.

 

Meanwhile, ji yong was on the phone with yongbae when he heard a sound coming from the kitchen. 

“oh yongbae-ah, can you call me later?” he said as he hung up the phone and walk towards the kitchen.  One step more and he’s already there but…..

 

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! You thief! Killer! I’m going to beat you up to the point that you can barely be recognized!!”

Bom suddenly got out of the kitchen and hit ji yong with a frying pan while her eyes close, she make sure that she hit him with all her strength.

“AAHHHH! Who are you!? ouch don’t hit me!! no! ouch!”

Ji yong covered his face, his body with his arms avoiding himself not to get hit by a frying pan, ji yong got mad and lose patience as he hold the person’s wrist and threw away the pan. Bom screamed for help as she felt her arms got pinned on the wall.

“HELLLLLLLLLP!!! There’s a ert here!!!  ommMMMMMMMaaaAAAA!“

“PARK BOM?!?!”

" . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ."

Then the screaming stopped. Bom opened her eyes and looked at the guy. Her eyes widened in disbelief when she saw ji yong staring at her with one eye-brow raised.

“Ji-ji-ji Yong-ie?! What are you doing here?!”

“I am the one who should be asking that question what are you doing here?!”

Ji yong can’t believe what’s happening to him as he released bom’s hands and laughed.

For a moment there’s only silence, ji yong sits back on the couch while bom followed him. bom excitedly sat beside ji yong and stared at him.

“wah! Ji yong it’s really you!”

Ji yong rubbed his temple and stared at bom. He still can’t forget what happened.

“what? killer? Thief? And pe-pevert?!!! Yah park bom!”

Bom jumped in fright at the loud voice of ji yong and tilt her head down because of embarrassment.

“I’m so-sorry.. i thought..” bom bit her lower lips trying not to laugh.

“What do you thought? that I was a thief? Killer? And a ert?” ji yong says

Bom nods at him and smile. “that’s why I’m sorry! I didn’t know that you were here. and.. how do you think will a person react if she saw a stranger walking around their own house? I didn’t recognize you. so ji yong I’m sorry please??”

“bom-ah you know, your imagination is really something……” says ji yong as he poke bom’s head softly.

“so when did you arrived? Why didn’t you tell me?” says ji yong.

“what? didn’t dara and mom tell you?! I just got back from the states yesterday. ugh! No wonder you were surprised to see me. so how are you?”

Bom stared at ji yong waiting for his response, while staring at him she noticed the eyebags under his tired looking eyes and how ji yong’s face got thin.

“I’m … good…  and you?” says ji yong as she gave bom a weak smile.

“hmmm yeah.. same.  but ji yong, are you taking care of yourself? You look tired and wow! those eyebags.”

Bom cupped ji yong’s face and lifted his face up. ji yong stared at bom, her face, her eyes, her lips, her nose, her skin… it brought some pain on his chest.. it’s like bom reminds him of jenny.

Ji yong noticed how close his face to her and immediately pulled bom’s hands back.

“aish.. I’m fine bom I’m just a little tired.”

Bom felt a bit disappointed at how snobbish ji yong was to her.

“geez.. I guess dara’s right.” Bom murmured.