chapter 6 part 2

MY GIRLFRIEND'S TWIN

 

 

“ladies first.” yongbae motioned his hands towards the elevator door. bom smiled sheepishly as she made her way inside the elevator with yongbae following her at the back. Standing side by side, bom felt nervous, her hands went cold, and from the corner of her eyes she could see yongbae standing straight with a little smile on his face. The door finally closed, the two of them were the only people inside and that made bom felt awkward. She was standing stiff, carrying papers on her left hand and her bag around her right shoulder. Yongbae glanced at bom, he noticed the paper she’s holding. “you want me to carry that for you?” he asked. bom stared at yongbae and then to her paper. “uh no, it’s okay. it’s not that heavy.” She said. bom felt her cheeks blushed, she felt heat on her face and began to fan herself with her hand. gosh, I wonder what’s wrong with the elevator today? Why is it so slow? She thought.

“seungri, was supposed to guide you at your working place, but he’s quite busy at this moment and asked me instead to pick you up at jiyong’s office. It’s okay with you right?”

Bom stared at yongbae, wondering what is it he’s talking about, her mind is not functioning well at this moment and she’s a bit slow too when it comes to this kind of talk. “what do you mean??” she asked.

Yongbae sighed and smiled at her. “you know, be the one to you. . .cause you kind of look shocked a while ago when I entered sajangnim’s office.”

Realizing what he’s talking about, bom moved her head up and down and smiled at him a bit shy. “oh. . . that.  no, it’s okay with me. I was just a bit surprised to see you again yongbae and I didn’t expect you to be the one to come up in the office, cause like what you’ve said I was expecting that seungri guy to show up.” bom managed to talk with him casually despite the nervousness she’s feeling inside. “Good. Cause I thought you dislike me.” he said as he turned his head away from bom. why would you think that? you don’t have any idea how much i love to be with you yongbae. bom wanted to say that to him but she’s not that obsessed with him and she doesn’t want to creep him out saying he’s the third reason why she pleaded ji yong to let her work here. “why would you think that yongbae? I’m not a fond of disliking people especially someone like you.” She said. Bom felt at ease now talking with him, though she could still feel the tense every time he will meet his eyes. “you know, you sounded like jenny even the way you talk.” The door finally opened, bom stepped out first. “because we’re twins remember? By the way how did you know my sister?” the two walked into the hallway still talking. “When she’s still alive, she often came here with packed lunch for ji yong sometimes for everyone. she would always hang around at ji’s office room waiting for him until he’s done working. Jenny’s close with everyone here, she’s very down to earth, always smiling, everyone really admired her for being so lady like, and ji yong will be teased by others for being unfair. And by the time we heard the news of her sudden death..” yongbae suddenly paused. his expression changed thinking whether he should continue to tell his story. Bom seems to read his mind. “go on. It’s okay.” She said.

“When we heard about her sudden death, everyone grieved.. it was really a big lost for everyone and especially ji yong.”

Bom was listening to him, now she realized how jenny impacts their lives. “jenny must have been really good to you.”  She said smiling softly.

“yeah, anyway, i always knew that she has a sister but not a twin!” bom laughed at him as he sounded really surprised. “really? Now i finally understand why you look so stunned the first time you met me.” Yongbae nod his head, “yeah, that’s why i’m sorry for mistaking you as her.” Bom shook her head. “no it’s alright I’m used to it.“

Finally, they arrived. They walked through the automatic sliding glass door which bom thought was really cool. Upon entering, bom felt the stares of people on her. The murmuring and whisper, it felt uncomfortable to her. Shaking off her tension, bom moved her eyes around, scanning the entire place, now she realized that the office was huge and the interior design was perfect, she actually loved it. Walls painted color green which is her favourite color, chairs, desk and all of the furniture inside are all white, the floorings was covered with brown carpet. Everything was placed neatly, it was so refreshing and bom for once, thought how great ji yong is. “wow I’ve never been in this kind of office. Almost like a home.” She murmured.

While walking, they suddenly stopped into the middle of the aisle. yongbae clapped his hands twice, he signalled the employees to gather in front of him. bom saw everybody followed him as they walked and stood in front of them. all eyes were on her and that made bom even more uncomfortable. Yongbae looked over his shoulder and saw bom a bit nervous. He stepped back and stood beside her, his arms around bom’s shoulder. “don’t be nervous bom. I’m here.” he whispered. bom tried to relax more, she  focused her gaze to the people in front of them. She can, somehow read their minds just by looking at their eyes she knew what they’re thinking through the whispers that can be easily heard.. “i’ve seen her before.” “is she jenny?” “who is she?” “wow! she look like sajangnim’s late girlfriend.” yongbae seems to heard their whispers too. He cleared his throat and finally introduced bom with them. “everyone. listen. this girl beside me, she’s Park Bom and starting today, she’ll be working with us so please, be good to her.” yongbae tapped her shoulder and asked her to introduce herself. “hello, I’m Park bom. please take care of me.” as a sign of respect to them, bom bowed down 90 degrees.

After she introduced herself, yongbae led bom to her working place. “here we are.” they stopped walking and yongbae pointed at the vacant desk. “this is where you’ll be working. Your own working place.” bom can’t help but admired it. Her beautiful white desk, the computer on top of it, the chair, and the cute mini drawers beside her desk it’s really beautiful. “you like it?” bom turned her back, knowing that the question wasn’t from yongbae, as soon as she looked back she saw two girls and a guy standing and smiling in front of her. “hi, i’m seungri.” He held out his hand and shake hands with her. “wow! it seems like jenny noona was brought back to life!” the other girl with short hair hit seungri’s head making bom to laughed a bit. “ouch! Minzy-ah! Why did you hit me?!” “yah! How could you be so insensitive?!” she asked annoyed by seungri. “bom unnie, you’re really pretty just like your sister. And sorry for what this guy had said to you.” bom shook her head and reached for minzy’s hand. “it’s okay, nice meeting you too minzy and seungri.” now, bom stared at the other girl, standing just beside minzy. Again, bom reached out her hand to her. “hi i’m park bom.”she said with a smile on her face. “call me chaerin or CL. Nice to meet you too bom unnie.” bom felt the warm smile chaerin gave her. they are so sweet. She thought.  

 

“anyway, I’m already done with my job. Now it’s your turn.” Bom stared at yongbae, he saw her winked at chaerin and chaerin just nod at him. “bom I’m leaving you with them, chaerin will tell you about your job. Okay?” staring at his watch, yongbae waved his hands and walked away from them.

Bom watched yongbae leave, when he’s already out of sight bom stared back at the three people standing beside her. “so you are park bom noona? wow I never thought that jenny noona has a twin!” seungri said, his voice was enough for everyone to be heard as they stared at him. Without even letting bom to answer his question minzy butts in. “unnie, how old are you? what’s you relation with sajangnim? how did you end up working here?” because of minzy and seungri, curiosity aroused inside the office, bom tried to answer everything, but they keep on throwing and throwing questions at her. chaerin who’s silently staring at bom, noticed how she got uncomfortable. When she can’t handle the noise anymore she finally burst. “yah! is this how you’re going to treat her?!” an eerie silence surround the office. “Seriously, why even bother to asked questions when you already knew what the answers are? ” chaerin made everyone silent as they stared at her fierce look. “what are you looking at? Don’t you have work to do? ”she said. The employees finally get back to their work, even seungri and minzy followed her afraid that they’ll be scolded by chaerin. meanwhile, bom felt relieved after the never ending questions. she stared at chaerin beside her and met her gaze. “are you okay unnie?” chaerin asked. her voice was soft, more calm. “I’m okay chaerin-ah. thank you.”  bom said.

after a few minutes, everything was back to normal. Bom was sitting down on her chair, her hands resting on her desk. She turned her head to her left and found minzy typing on her computer,then her gaze moved at the front and caught seungri looking at her every now and then. she smiled at him. when seungri was caught by bom, he moved his chair at the front of bom’s desk. “noona, did I offended you a while ago?? Sorry okay?” minzy seems to heard seungri. She slid down her chair towards bom and apologized too. “me too unnie. I got a bit excited a while ago and if I hurt you… I’m sorry too.” Bom was speechless by them. She almost forgot what happened a while ago and it actually didn’t offend her. not even a single tiny bit of atom. “yah seungri, minzy don’t feel sorry. it’s okay, I understand. But….” bom stared at them seriously, “but if you really feel sorry, then why don’t you treat me later to lunch?” bom said excitedly as she clasped her hands prayer-style. Seungri and minzy nodded their head in unison. “araso noona! I’ll buy you whatever you want!” said seungri. “unnie! me too! I’ll buy you everything. what do you want?? chicken? Steak? Salad? Or-”  

“corn.” Minzy and seungri stared at bom. “co-corn?!” seungri said. biting her lower lips, bom nodded her head. meanwhile, on bom’s right side, chaerin  was having fun watching them again. “corn? I guess jenny unnie was right. her sister really loves corn.” She murmured. when chaerin noticed how minzy and seungri was annoying bom again, she slid down her chair towards bom holding a piece of notebook. “ yah, minzy, seungri stop chatting go back to your places and work.” without any complain the two followed her immediately. “unnie, what did ji- uh I mean sajangnim told you about your work?” said chaerin. “hmm… he said I am his assistant.”

“I see… oh did ba- I mean yongbae gave you a paper??” chaerin asked. “yup. are you talking about this?” bom grab the paper from her mini drawer and gave it to chaerin. “yes. you don’t need to memorize this. just keep it safe. whenever you’re free, just read it. this will help you whenever there’s a party, conference or a big event to attend.”  

instead of nodding bom blinked her big brown eyes twice. “another thing, the telephone on your desk.” Bom eyed on the telephone above her desk, she didn’t saw it a while ago. “That phone is connected to sajangnim’s office. you must answer it before the 2nd ring.” “but what if I am not around?” bom said. “well.. you’ll be dead. Or fired?” says chaerin. “what? ji yong I mean sajangnim will fire me?!” chaerin watched bom as she pouted her lips. “another thing, if sajangnim asked you to do something, you must finish it on time. okay? and you must never ever forget it or he’ll be mad at you.” bom listened attentively to chaerin as she tell more about the rules.

After a few hours of working, bom decided to go to the comfort room. She washed her face with water and checked herself on the mirror. “I’m sleepy.”  She said. she washed her face with water again and again and finally patted her face with a dry towel. after going to the comfort room, she decided to go to the cafeteria to buy herself something to eat. She bought breads, crackers, and iced tea. Hugging the foods on her arms, bom looked around and try to find a seat when she suddenly saw a familiar figure sitting and sipping a cup of coffee. Without hesitation, bom went over to ji yong. “hey Mr. loner can I join you?” ji yong looked up and saw bom behind him standing, holding different kinds of foods. He watched her sat in front of her, settling all the breads, and crackers in the table. “you’re going to eat all that alone?” he said looking at the breads. “of course.” bom began to munch her food silently while ji yong sipped his coffee. “how’s your work?” ji yong said breaking the silence between them. “good, chaerin, minzy and seungri are nice to me. they helped me too especially chaerin. and oh! Yongbae too.” Bom’s tone of voice changed when he mentioned yongbae’s name. ji yong noticed it and . “yah, are you serious about him?” “just a crush. But I think sooner or later, I’m going to fall for him.” Bom said her eyes sparkling, filled with foods. Ji yong chuckled at her. “yah, if I were you I will forget him. you won’t stand a chance. You are not his ideal girl.” Bom furrowed her eyebrows annoyed by him. “yah who told you that?” ji yong shrugged. “no one. but I know that he doesn’t like girls who eats like a hungry cow.” Defeated by ji yong, bom put down her bread and sip her iced tea. “ugh, what’s with this coffee? it taste bad.” Ji yong said. bom offered her iced tea to him. “here drink it.” she said. ji yong shook his head but bom was stubborn and insisted him to drink her iced tea. Ji yong held the glass and took a sip. And while staring at him bom can’t help but smile. ji yong saw her staring at him but he just ignored her.

“ji yong did you know. . . . we just kissed.”

 Ji yong almost choke and spilled his drink surprised by what bom had said. “yah! why are you talking like that?” he said. bom was laughing really hard at him. “what? what’s wrong? I’m just telling the truth. We kissed. Indirect kiss.” ji yong felt his face turned red, embarrassed by her. how could this girl can easily say that we kissed?!  he thought. “well it’s not funny bom.” ji yong said. bom handed him a tissue to wipe the spill on his mouth. “okay sorry.” she said still half smiling. The two did not talk for a while. Bom keeps on stealing glances with ji yong and laughed whenever he caught her. “Remember what happened the other day?” bom said now a bit serious. Ji yong knew what she’s talking about the moment he heard the words, because nothing happened the other day except that he hugged her and cried. “yes.” he said. bom traced her finger at the edge of her glass. “Whenever you feel lonely.. whenever you want to cry, whenever you miss her just come to me.” ji yong sighed there’s something he don’t understand. “why are you doing this to me? by any chance … do you… like me?” bom stared at ji yong, they hold their gaze for a while. “yes I like you.. because you are my bestfriend. But if you’re talking about the other thing… if I like you as a man.. I don’t.” suspicion aroused at ji yong’s mind.  “if I like you as a man.. Then it will hurt. Because being thought by the one you love as someone else will hurt so much. but for me, even if you call me jenny, even if you hug me, it doesn’t matter. I won’t take it seriously because I don’t look at you that way. The only thing that’s important right now.. is you.. I love you ji yong as my bestfriend, as my sister’s fiancé and seeing you get hurt like that hurts me too. like what I’ve said until you move on I will be here for you..

Ji yong shook his head slowly, it’s really wrong, it feels so wrong. “why are you saying that in a way you wanted me to use you?”

“exactly.”

 

 

 

 

 

okay, first of all i wanted to apologize for not keeping my promise last time. i know i promised you that i'll update the next day.... but i accidentally deleted the old one and i almost forgot some of the parts that's why it took me few days to update again. T_T i'm really sorry yeorobun. it won't happen again. 

anyway thank you for reading this fic. keep me inspired by commenting yeorobun! ^_^