Chapter 7: Mission: Pushed from the Bush

Miracles in December

Mia pov

 

The next morning I knew I wanted to go shopping since it was boxing day. Maybe Lay would want to come I saw that he was sitting talking with Chanyeol on our couch.

 

“Hey Lay I'm going to do some shopping wanna come?”.

 

“Ya for sure!” he got up and moved to get his jacket.

 

“I'm coming too!” Chanyeol shouted as he moved to follow us.

 

Chanyeol's pov

 

I just had the most brilliant idea!

 

“Ok ya sure” Mia seemed unsure but Sabrina was right...these two needed help. If they went by themselves they would just talk...urg. I jumped in the car with Lay and Mia and pulled out my phone.

 

Me: Hey Sabrina I'm third wheeling hard with Lay and Mia...what's the plan?

 

Gay Husband: Step one...make it awkward.

 

Me: Easy! I’m good at that.

 

We pulled up into the mall parking lot and got out of the car and I quickly tried to make something awkward happened. Without thought I stuck my arm out and shoved Lay into a car, the alarm went screeching through the parking lot. Lay shot me a dirty look and returned to Mia’s side

I shrugged ”oops” I quickly texted Sabrina.

 

Me: Mission complete...now what

 

Gay Husband: Wait for my signal then push Lay into Mia

 

Me: Wait...how will you signal me? And how will I know

 

Gay Husband: You’ll just know

 

“Chanyeol!” Mia yelled from upfront. I put my phone away and ran to catch up with them.

 

Sabrina pov

 

“Baekhyun! Kai! D.O! Grab your coats! We have some damage to do.” They all look scared confused and excited...exactly the way I liked it. I texted Chanyeol to find there location.

 

Me: Chanyeol...where are you guys?

 

Tall lengthy giant: Mall by the Stitches

 

We hopped into a taxi and headed our way to the mall.

 

Me: Wait for the signal

 

Tall lengthy giant: Will do

 

We ducked behind a tall plastic plant and watched all three of them leave the store.

I need a signal...I looked at Baekhyun.

 

“Baekhyun….wanna do me a favor?”

 

Baekhyun pov

 

Sabrina pushed me out from the plant and I landed right on Chanyeol's huge feet

 

“Hey girl hey!” I stood up awkwardly “I just dropped...my...contact lens…yup” seriously Baekhyun….contact lens!? What am I thinking? I just smiled through it.

 

“What are you doing here?” Mia asked…..good question.

 

“I came to see you guys” ok I could roll with that.

 

“How did you know where we were?” ….

 

“I….” I quickly pointed to Chanyeol who looked like a deer caught in headlights.

 

“We...are uh...well one. I know where they are at all times...telepathically….um ya” Um ya….I’m an idiot my phone vibrated.

 

“Two seconds” I pulled it out and read a text from Sabrina

 

Lesbian wife: ing smooth

 

I slowly put my phone in my back pocket. When I looked up Mia was looking at me funny. I smiled and pulled Chanyeol down to my level so I could whisper in his ear.

 

“I’m the signal” I said then shrugged and slowly began to walk away. I watched Chanyeol push Lay into Mia. He fell on her they were close enough to kiss until Lay got off her and helped her up...she was clearly blushing but her face went from cute to angry.

 

“Baekhyun. . Back. Here NOW!” I stopped...and slowly turned around. If looks could kill.

 

“Yes” I squinted.

 

“Where is she?” …

 

“Who?” I could play this.

 

“Sabrina!”

 

“Sabrina….Sabrina...no not ringing a bell” She rolled her eyes.

 

“No...blond hair? no...oh maybe red...Chanyeol do you know a Sabrina?” I gave him my best please help me look.

 

“No...no I don't” he shook his head

 

“Really? Because for some odd reason you either call her your wife or husband” Mia said back at us.

 

“Huh...I mean I have a wife and he has a husband...but no the name Sabrina does not ring a bell” She laughed and grabbed me by the collar.

 

“Where is she” ok...thanks for having me I’m going to go die before Sabrina kills me.

I pointed behind the plant. All the sudden D.O poped out.

 

“Oh hi” he said shyly, Mia sighed.

 

“I heard my brothers were in trouble...because.” D.O looked at me and closed his eyes ”..we are one...so I came...now I’m here”.

 

“Ya see!” I said pointing violently at D.O.

 

“Can one of you please just tell me where she is?!” Mia yelled.

 

“Who?” I asked again.

 

“GOD DAMN IT! Fine...Lay and I are going to finish shopping ALONE!” Lay followed her and they both trialed off. Sabrina and Kai walked out from behind the plant.

 

“Boys...we are one?” she hit me in the back of the head.

 

“He started it” Chanyeol looked at me….ouch.

 

“You went along with it!!!” she said put her hands in her hair!

 

“So done” she walked away and we all slowly walked behind her all the way back to the car.

 

Mia Pov

 

After shopping for a bit, I was still pissed. Sabrina just makes me so mad sometimes. I have to get rid of this anger so I called the only person who I knew would be able to help me..

 

“Hey Tao! Busy?” I asked as soon as he answered the phone.

 

“No what’s up?” he replied.

 

“I need to get a little anger out...just wondering if you could help?!” I said grabbing my workout bag.

 

“Um sure” He said.

 

“Okay I will come get you from the hotel be there in ten” I say then hang the phone up.

 

“Everything ok Mia?” he asked as soon as he entered the car.

 

“Just mad” I said keeping my eyes on the road.

 

“About?” I sighed.

 

“Sabina is trying to get Lay and I together…”

 

“Whats wrong with that?” I looked at him.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Well you and Lay are not moving relationship wise...she is just trying to help”

 

“There is a reason for that”

 

“What is it?” god he was pushy.

 

“I don't need a broken heart when you all leave, it will be hard enough saying goodbye”

 

“It breaks our hearts to see you both unhappy” I stopped...I thought about it for a second.

 

“We are happy”

 

“No...your both pushing back the fact you both like each other that has to hurt” I pulled up to the studio and got out before I answered. Once we got inside I replied “maybe you're right but Sabrina overstepped...I’m a big girl. I can handle myself”.

 

“Fair enough” He nodded. I put my bag in the back room.

 

“Sit” he said patting the spot beside me. I folded my legs and we both did some meditation.

 

“Ummmm….”

 

“Ummmmmm”

 

“I’mmm going to kill Sabrina”

 

“Well maybe meditation is not what you need right now” He stood up and I gave him a confused look.

 

“I’m going to help you...martial arts...you need to get your angry out but not at her...I’ll teach you.” I stood up. Didn't seem like a bad idea.

 

“Ok! Bring it!”

 

***************************************************************************************

 

After an hour of just sit ups, push ups, pull ups and squats we started doing kicks and jumps. I have never sweat so much then we slowly started working with poles. Tao and I had, what he calls ‘a slow fight’. We worked until dinner time.

 

“Lot of work huh?” he smirked. I couldn't speak I was so out of breath so I just noded. We packed up our things and dragged ourselves out the door. We had to get my to my place before dinner. We wouldn’t want to be late Suho would kill us!

 

***********************************************************************************************

 

“So what did you two do after we left the mall” Lay asked giving Tao a dirty look.

 

“Martial arts” I said kicking Lay under the table. Tao chuckled at Lay’s obvious jealousy.

 

“Ya it was nice to have 5 minutes without Sabrina spying at me” I played with my food.

 

“I wouldn’t know I was busy hangout with Kai today” Sabrina chuckled.

 

“Ok Sabrina you went too far...Mia you're being a drama queen! Both of you good now” Suho said annoyed.

 

“Never was bad” I bit my lip.

 

“Well then stop complaining” Sabrina said in a whisper. I went to glare at Sabrina, but along the way saw Lays face. His eyes were down on his plate, he looked sad.

 

“I’m done...thanks Suho for ordering the pizza” I got up and headed towards the living room. I heard Lay get up from his seat.

 

“Me too” he followed me, he grabbed my wrist and dragged me to my room.

 

“What's wrong Lay?” I asked worried.

 

“You...me... well us!” I looked at him like I was supposed to know what he meant.

 

“Mia this is going to slowly kill me if we don't even talk about possibility of you and I” ok...I get it now.

 

“Lay, you leave in two weeks”

 

“Let's make it the most romantic two weeks ever” he said grabbing both my hands.

 

“Then what… you leave I'm heartbroken and you get to busy to even talk to me…” I pulled my hands away.

 

“You say that like I wouldn't be heartbroken” he put a hand on my knee.

 

“Mia who cares about the future! Let's just live today, we can talk about the future when it's absolutely necessary!” Why was his mind in the clouds? why wasn't mine?

 

“Lay...I can't” I closed my eyes and tried to see every possibility of him and I but then end with two broken hearts.

 

“Ok” he smiled trying to reassure me “I understand” My mind went blank for the rest of the night, maybe it was me. Maybe Lays idea was amazing but I just couldn't wrap my head around it. Does that make me the one in the wrong…I’m just trying to protect myself from a broken heart but by doing that...I'm breaking his.