Chapter 4: The Search and Rescue

Miracles in December

Sabrina pov

 

Our first stop was the dance studio. It only made sense that she was just dancing and lost sense of time.

 

“Lay stay here, I'll run in and check” without letting him say no I got out of the car and ran inside. I opened the doors to the dance room but she wasn't there, I checked the back room but no sign of her. Then out of the corner of my eye I saw her outside bundled tight in her jacket standing in the snow.

 

“Mia!” I yelled as I ran outside through then the snow to meet her.

 

“Hey! What are you doing standing in the snow you in weir-what's wrong?” she had puffy red tear soaked eyes. She turned towards and collapsed in my arms crying. She was freezing cold. Then Lay came running around the corner.

 

“Mia you scared the hell out of me!” I looked at him.

 

“Really, seem like the time?” He shrugged and I rolled my eyes. We helped her back to the car she didn't say a word, which is weird for Mia. Something must really be up with her. Everyone was so relieved when we returned to our house, but Mia just stumbled to her room without saying hello.

 

“I’ll talk to her” I said putting a hand on Lay’s shoulder. I walked over to her room she was sitting on the edge of her bed frozen.

 

“Mia, what's going on? Do you want to talk about it” I sat beside her and put my arm around her.

 

“I really like him Sabrina...but I can't have him because he’s going to leave.” she tried to hold back the tears.

 

“That's not all...I know you Mia” she sighed.

 

“Look at me, if he thinks I'm pretty what about the thousands of others girls who are ten times hotter than me. I was just the first one he saw.”  There it is…

 

“Mia, Lay likes you because you're you. It doesn't matter about other girls because you're the one he ran after, you’re the one he kissed, you’re the one he cares about. Who cares about other girls. Mia you and I know these boys better than they know themselves, does Lay seem like the kind of person who would like a girl because of her looks…” she smiled.

 

“No… no he doesn't” she looked at me.

 

“That's the Mia I know, don't give up on yourself so fast. A FREAKIN K-POP STAR HAS A CRUSH ON YOU!” we both broke out into laughter.

 

“What would I do without you” she said while hugging me.

 

“Probably die” We both laugh and head downstairs to finally have dinner with the boys.

 

Chanyeol pov

 

I couldn't find my phone. I tried to remember where I had it last. THE BATHROOM! right. Just as I was leaving the bathroom with my phone in hand, I ran straight into Baekhyun.

 

“Sorry Chanyeol, I wasn't paying attention” He said looking down and his feet. For some reason Baekhyun had been acting weird around me lately. I figured it was because he was stressed and that he would go back to normal after the stress was off but for some reason it hasn't.

 

“Baekhyun what's going on with you?” I said he kept trying to avoid my eyes.

 

“LOOK AT ME!” I yelled. I was angry because my best friend couldn't even look me in the eyes he looked around.

 

“Come with me” he said grabbing my wrist and dragging me into Sabrina's bedroom. I was confused because what if something was seriously wrong. Just the thought of something bothering him didn’t sit right with me.

 

“Sit” he said gesturing towards the bed, I did. I watched him pace for a second before he finally spoke.

 

“Chanyeol I have something-well there's something you should know” his head dropped to the floor. I just sat quietly.

 

“I’m...gay” I got a huge knot in my stomach all of the sudden.

 

“Oh” I choked…. “That’s...fine Baekhyun, I don't care really-” I said honestly, I didn't really. He was my best friend and I didn't care who he wanted to sleep with. None of my business…

 

“Chanyeol, that's not the problem….” I held my breath.

 

“What is the problem then?” I asked worried about the answer.

 

“You” I froze then stood up in panic. I ran my hand through my hair and looked down at my feet. Before I could say anything, his hand was around my neck and our lips were touching. At first I wanted to pull back and yell but...there was something inside me that told me this felt good and right. I let my mind go blank, I started to kiss him back. I put my hand around his waist and pulled him tight to my chest.

 

WHAT AM I DOING?! I pulled back and push Baekhyun away from me.

 

“No” I said covering my mouth and looking at a stunted Baekhyun. I walked out and slammed the door behind me. I stopped for a minute. Why did it feel so good? Why do I want to go back in there? Why do I want to see every inch of him? I leaned against the back of the door. Am I gay? I stopped...All I knew was that I didn't have time to stop and think about it. I opened the door to find Baekhyun speechless, sitting on the edge of the bed.

 

“Chanyeol I’m so sorry-” I ran up to him and slammed my lips against his. He seemed confused for a moment then started to kiss me back. We pulled apart our lips swollen then I started to kiss up and down his soft skin.

 

“But Chanyeol-” he said rolling his head back.

 

“Aren’t you straight?” he wined trying not to moan as I pushed him to lye down on the bed so I could hover over him.

 

“No, I’m not”