Chapter 5: Christmas with Exo

Miracles in December

Mia pov

 

We had spent two weeks with Exo and I’m happy to say we became like a family. Always eating dinner with each other, going to movies, shopping, and playing games. Sabrina and I perfectly fit in the the boys, they were our brother. Christmas was tomorrow and we were going to show the boys how christmas worked in Canada. Sabrina and I had a whole day planed! We drove all 12 of them down to the local ice rink. This was going to be interesting.

 

“Ok so what are we doing here?” Chen asked, I just laughed.

 

“What do you think” I said handing him a pair of skates.

 

“Hold on Mia!” Lay laughed “Mia some of us don’t know how to skate” he continued I grabbed his hand.

 

“Sabrina and I can teach you guys” I said we all went to put the skates on. Then I took Lay and carefully walked him onto the ice he immediately fell. I broke out in laughter partly because Lay fell and partly because Xiumin and Chen we glued to Sabrina so they wouldn’t fall! One by one we taught them how to skate….kinda!

 

“Luhan don't bend your knees in like that!” Sabrina yelled and laughed at the same time. After two hours the boys were at least standing on the ice. We got our skates off and went in the lodge and drank hot chocolate. Next on the list….sledding! We walked to a hill not far from the rink and walked to the top. Suho and I went and bought sleds yesterday, while the boys and Sabrina played games at our place.

 

“Sledding is not my style” Kris looked intensely at the sled in his hand. Sabrina took it from his hand and put it on the ground. All the boys eyes were on them Sabrina then pushed Kris onto the sled and he went speeding down the hill. All the way down Kris screamed like a little girl! We all laughed until it hurt.

 

“MY TURN!” Chanyeol screamed jumping on a sled and going down; we all followed sliding and laughing. It was always so funny watching someone flip over! Luhan and Xiumin went down on the same sled. Luhan held on so tight to Xiumin...it was...well cute. Sabrina leaned over.

 

“Bet you 20 bucks they're dating” seemed improbable. They may be cute together but they would never date their not gay. Sabrina is so going to lose.

 

“Deal” We shook on it and Sabrina walked over to Chanyeol leaving Lay and I alone.

 

“Hey! Care to ride m’lady” Lay gestured towards the blue sled on the ground.

 

“Why thankyou, kind sir!” I sat down and wrapped my hands around his waist.

 

Sabrina pov

 

I watched as Mia and Lay went down the hill. They would be a cute couple.

 

“Chaneoyl...those two need a little push…” I smirked at him.

 

“Down the hill?” he asked seriously. I hit him in the back of the head.

 

”No! They need help getting together!” he rubbed the back of his head.

 

“Oh ya ok...how do we do that?” that was the question….now what was the answer.

 

“Get back to me on that one” I smiled to myself watching Xiumin and Luhan go down hill together.

 

“What?” he asked looking at me.

 

“Nothing, but Mia owes me 20 dollars” I pushed him onto a sled and sat behind him. We stayed at the hill for an hour. Suddenly something hit me in the back of the head.

 

“Ow!” I turned around to see Sehun laughing!

 

“You throw like a girl!” I threw a snowball at him and it hit him right in the stomach and so started the great snowball war ever. I ran up to Chaneoyl throwing my hands up to show I surrendered.

 

“Do me a favour throw this at Lay, then point at Mia!” I handed him a snowball. Without any thought he wiped it at Lay who dropped the snowball he was going to throw and turned to Chanyeol who quickly pointed to Mia! I watched Lay run up to Mia and dunk her in a pile of snow she picked up a pile and placed it on his head. Chanyeol and I high fived.

 

“Step one complete!”

 

*******************************************************************************************

 

Mia pov

 

We were all soaked and tired by the time we got back to Sabina and I’s place. I made some tea and we all sat down and watched the Grinch, my favourite holiday movie. Shorty after the movie started the doorbell rang.

 

“I have a surprise for you all. I figured you probably don't get fresh cut pine trees in Korea or China so...” I said letting my sentence tail off as I opened the door and a man carried in a huge tree. He put it in a corner in the living room.

 

“Thank you!” I said to the man. Sabrina came around the corner with 12 small boxes.

 

“Mia and I did get you all christmas presents but this is your christmas eve present.” Sabrina said. We handed out the boxes and watched as they all opened them. We had gotten them each an ornament with there names and symbol on them. Sabrina and I put there real names on them, even though we called them by their stage names. We thought it would be more special to put their given names on them.

 

“Thank you so much” Tao said beaming with excitement. One by one we watched them but them on the tree. We all helped decorate the rest of the tree. Chanyeol and Kris did the lights and the rest of us put on the ornaments. Chanyeol had to even lift Sabrina up so she could put the star at the top of the tree. We plugged it in, and a burst of light warmed our hearts. I could hear Luhan start to sniffle. I looked over at Lay who started to get teary eyed so I grabbed his hand and kissed it softly. It was magical, all of us standing watching the beautiful tree. It was almost like we were family. No scratch that we are family.

 

“I love you guys” Sabrina said sniffling she could feel it too. I know because Sabrina never cries. We all snuggled together and watched another movie. I smiled through the whole thing. Suho and I were the last ones up, everyone else had passed out on the couch.

 

“Here” I whispered throwing him a blanket. He put it over Sabrina and Chanyeol. I covered Luhan and Xiumin. Suho walked over to me and put an arm around me and kissed my head.

 

“That was an incredible thing you did for them” he said looking down at me. I just chuckled.

 

“No really, we feel at home here, it's hard sometimes. Being away so much. We don't feel away here, we feel at home with you two. You guys are like our sister” I hugged him and yawned. Making my way back over to a sleeping Lay and cuddling up next to him.

 

“Night Suho”