Chapter 1: Pinch me I'm Dreaming

Miracles in December

Mia pov

 

 Sweat dripped down my face, my mind was completely blank. All I could hear was the music blaring through the speakers. I was dancing to a song called “I’m Lay”. It was the solo song from a korean pop star, his name was obviously Lay. My heart was pumping out of my chest as I finished, with a strong thudd the room went silent.

 

Lay pov

 

 Over the past few months the boys and I have become restless, all we do is work. When our manager asked what we all want for christmas we all decided we needed a month long trip. To get away from our busy lives for a bit. So we decided on the one places we thought the least people would recognize us, Canada. It was odd not having thousands of photographers and fans surroundings us in the airport. I looked over at Sehun “This is weird nobody recognizes us…. I kinda like it!” I smirked. We got into two separate cars and drove to the hotel where we would be for awhile. When we arrived at the front desk the lady seemed unhappy to see us. Maybe she thought we would be a bunch of loud, annoying travellers.

 

“Welcome to the Hilton, how may I help you?” she smiled a very fake smile. Kris spoke because out of all of us his english was the best, though most of us had taken english classes to be able to speak here.

 

“Hi, we have a few rooms booked under Exo” Kris said handing the lady our papers.

 

“Exo really?” she rolled her eyes then looked at her computer “Oh I see! Yes Exo here are your room keys.”

 

“Thank you” Kris replied.

 

“Enjoy your stay” she said unamused.

 

We all crammed into a tiny elevator. None of us wanted to talk about how rude the lady was, we didn't want that to ruin our trip. When we reached the 8th floor we all broke off into our rooms without a word. Tao, Sehun, Kai, and I would be sharing a room together. While Chanyeol, Baekhyun, D.O, and Chen would be in the room right next to us. We even had a door in between our rooms!. Across from our room was Kris, Suho, Xiumin, and Luhan. They had a room next to our manager and a few of our bodyguards, just encase anything happened.

 

“Okay it's a little freaky that no one knows us” Tao practically screamed once the door was shut.

 

“So? It's nice not to be mobbed by people too” Kai said back to him. I laughed and started unpacking, though I really just wanted to go explore. I started to put away my clothes but decided against it.

 

“Hey guys, I think I just want to go explore, do you think the others will mind?” I looked at all three of them. They were all watching some T.V show and trying to understand it.

 

“Huh? oh! Ya just go, if anyone asks I'll tell them you went for a walk.” Tao said not letting his eyes leave the T.V.

 

“I’m coming with!” Sehun said.

 

“Cool, see you guys later” and with that we left.

 

Mia pov

 

After hours of running the same dance over and over again I decided I would do it a few more times, then I would call it quits. I played the music as loud as I could, the speaker were making the walls vibrate and making my passion stronger.

 

Lay pov

 

We finally decided to simply walk down the street, no point in going anywhere far since it was so late. We came across a school Northeast University. The front lights were on so I decided to go in and take a look, Sehun stayed to keep watch. When I got to the door I heard a faint sound of music playing. I’m sure it was my song the one I do a solo too. I was surprised to find the school door was open. I walked inside and right beside the main door were two black doors with silver handles, the music was blaired through them.

 

Mia pov

 

I decided to practice the dance one more time. Pushing my every limit, my legs ached but I needed to get this dance finished. When I ended I felt as though my heart might pump right out of my chest. I ran my hand through my short red hair.

 

“That was good” I heard a voice from the back corner of the room, I jumped and spun around.

My heart stopped. The voice belonged to a tall shadow with brown hair that swept across his face just missing his brown eyes.

 

“You aren't -Oh my god-Lay!” I screamed practically jumping out of my shoes.

 

“Ya-wait you know who I am?” he whispered looking at me. Secretly I melted inside but managed to clear my voice and say “Wait, you speak english! And ya of course I know who you are, your only the greatest dancer in the world.” I said looking down at my shoes, trying to avoid his beautiful eyes.

 

“We all learnt how to speak english before coming here...wow” I could feel him looking at me. I looked up, my mind was immediately taken over by the incredible thought that he was standing in front of me.

 

“What?” I said breaking the silence.

 

“Wow your- y-your dance is good” he pulled his eyes away from mine. Could it just be that he was shy or is it actually possible that he was flirting. I felt my cheeks go red.

 

“What's your name?” He asked.

 

“Mia. Wait if you're here does that mean that-” I said running up to him, taking in every inch of the dancer that I had only dreamed of meeting. He laughed, and pulled out his phone without a word.

 

Lay pov

 

I had never seen a girl like this, light skin and a smile that could light a room. She had short red hair that curled perfectly. She didn't have much more than a black tank top and some black shorts on, but she made it look incredible. I had nothing to say, this girl not only was she an incredible dancer but she... she had a sense of confidence and maturity that I have always liked in women. I called Kris and told him where I was and told him to bring the boys with him asap. Once I hung up I was going to ask her to show me her dance again but she had her back towards me, she was also on the phone.

 

Mia pov

 

Me: Sabrina you have to come down to the school NOW!

 

Sabrina: Why what's the emergency! I've seen your dance Mia it looks great!

 

Me: Sabrina, Lay from Exo just walked in the ing door! Our favourite band Exo! GET YOUR DOWN HERE NOW!

 

Sabrina: Yeah right…. You're ing hilarious

 

Me: I’m serious!

 

Sabrina: Mia how much crack are you on a scale of 1 to 10.

 

Me: NONE! Sabrina just come to the school please.

 

Sabrina:  Fine but only because you shouldn't drive while being drunk.

 

She is a huge pain in my-

 

“Everything ok?” I turned around slowly and bowed. I don't know why I bowed probably because I'm a lovesick idiot.

 

“Ya it’s fine I just have a friend-never mind, I'm sure she can talk for herself” I chuckled. When I looked up my eyes met his. He was standing in front of me close enough I could feel him breathing. I tried to speak but my mind was blank and I was shaking. We stood there in complete silence, staring into each other's eyes. He brought his hand to my cheek, I shut my eyes leaning into his warm hand. I felt a shiver go down my spine when he leaned in.

 

“You had something on your face.” He said as he slowly removed his hand.

 

“Hey Lay! What's the big- oh hi!” Luhan burst through the door and I immediately jumped away from Lay. I gasped as all 11 of them came through the door bundled tight in winter coats.

 

“OH MY GOD!” I glanced over at Lay who was laughing at my expression.

 

“Wait hold up! She knows who we are?” Kris smirked at Lay

 

“OF COURSE I KNOW WHO YOU ARE! Tao, D.O, Xiumin, Kris-” I listed all there names bowing to each one. I could barely control my excitement. Then Sabrina walked in.

 

“Ok Mia, I get you want help with your dance but really how dumb do you-” she looked up from her phone and froze. “No ing way” she stopped her jaw practically touched the ground. I laughed and shrugged. I was about to tell her that the best news was that they spoken english but she exploded!

 

“OMG MIA!!!!! LOOK AT THEM! THEY ARE ALL AS CUTE AS I EXPECTED! LIKE LOOK AT FRIKEN XIUMIN I MEAN IS IT POSSIBLE TO BE CUTE AND HOT AT THE SAME TIME! AND KRIS I COULD MELT RIGHT HERE, LOOK AT HIM! CAN YOU SEE THIS! AH OMG SEHUN IS SO ING HOT CAN WE JUST TAKE A MINUTE TO APPRECIATE HOW ADORABLE HIS SMILE IS!-” I tried to get her attention by waving my hands and making a timeout sign but there was no stopping her, finally I screamed “SABRINA THEY SPEAK-” Lay wrapped his hand around my mouth and whispered in my ear “wait I want to see where this goes” he slowly took his hand of my mouth and smiled he looked over at Sabrina who was quietly staring at us. He turned to her and bowed, quickly said something in chinese and turned away. Sabrina giggled and continue “MIA WHAT MAKES YOU THINK WE HAVE TIME TO STOP I MEAN WE HAVE TO TEACH THEM ENGLISH SO I CAN TELL CHANYEOL THAT HE IS THE MOST ADORABLE HUMAN BEING TO WALK THE PLANET AND HE IS MY ALL TIME FAVORITE! AND SUHO, GOD WHERE DO I START, HOW BOUT I CAN HEAR MY FUTURE HUSBAND CALLING ME! MY BABIES! IN MY SCHOOL! OMG LUHAN IS CUTER IN PERSON HIS HAIR GOD I WANT HIS HAIR LOOK ITS LIKE PERFECT! AHH IT'S BAEKHYUN, OH MY GOD LOOK AT HIS FACE DON'T YOU JUST WANT TO KISS THAT. I MEAN COMMON. D.O AW I JUST SEE HIM AND MY LIFE IS COMPLETE I NEVER NEED TO SEE OR DO ANYTHING AGAIN! AND KIA MAN I WOULD LOVE TO ‘’DANCE’’ WITH HIM IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN! AND TAO MY GOD I KNOW WHY HE HAS PRINCE DISEASE IT'S BECAUSE HE LOOKS LIKE THE HOTTEST PRINCE ALIVE! CHEN, OH MY GOD I COULD JUST LOOK INTO EYES AND BE TRAPPED THERE FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE! AND LAY, MIA HOW ARE YOU NOT FREAKING OUT I MEAN HOW MANY FANFICTIONS HAVE YOU READ ABOUT THIS KIDS PROBABLY-” I ran up to her and slammed my hand onto .

 

“SABRINA! THEY. SPEAK. ENGLISH!” I screamed and all the boys burst out into laughter! I could hear Sabrina's heart stop! She did a two finger salute and went in sat in the corner, back to all of us. When I finally stopped laughing I decided it was time to fix the situation.

 

“Hey guys can you go comfort her please she needs it!” I said wiping the tears from my face.

 

Chanyeol pov

 

I felt bad for the girl. After all she was just a fan but then again she seemed slightly different. There was something about her that made me laugh, In a good way… I walked over to her. She was huddled in the corner with her face in her knees. I sat beside her and she brought her face up to look at mine. She was so beautiful, and her eyes were a gorgeous shade of green, kinda the way the ocean looks after a day of the waves crashing on the surface.

 

“Hi” I smiled.

 

“Hi Chan-yeol” she stuttered. I winked and her cheeks went red. She was cute nothing like Korean girls, better in many ways. Little did I notice the boys had gathered around her too. I moved in closer to her. I felt something between us, but not ually...which was weird. I saw Sehun look at her with hope so I quickly shot a glare at him but he just laughed.

 

Mia pov

 

As I walked over to get a drink I felt a strong arm grab my wrist, I turned to see Lay. He pulled me really close and whispered in my ear “I want to hear the rest of that sentence later” his words sent a shiver down my spine. I had no words all I could do was bite my lip trying not to say something really stupid like have my children! When we rejoined the group they were all sitting around Sabrina and laughing and joking. Sabrina was blushing but laughing with them.

 

“So I was thinking you and I could work on that dance you were doing, I could give you a few pointers.” Lay smiled.

 

“Nothing would make me happier”  I chuckled relieved that we cut the intense tension he and I had. After about an hour of Lay and I working and dancing Chanyeol decided that we should go back to the hotel and hang with them.

 

“I see no problem in it” Sabrina looked at me with her ‘you don't have a choice’ eyes.

 

“Ya sounds fun” I sighed laughing at Sabrina as she asked Chanyeol for a piggyback ride.

Lay saw this and thought it would be funny to throw me over his shoulder.

 

“Lay put me down!” I screamed pretending like I was not having the greatest day of my ing life! We all walked back to the hotel, which happens to be close to our apartment. Along the way the conversation was based around all of Sabrina's comments.

 

“Well you all lose because I'm her favorite so..” Chanyeol winked at Sabrina as she jumped off his back. She fit in perfectly with the group of boys like they had been friends forever!

 

“Maybe you're right but I remember Sabrina saying something about me being her husband” Suho chuckled. Sabrina cleared ready to make an announcement.

 

“Well both of you don't have to worry because... I'm gay” she looked around totally ready to see their expression, and man was it ever funny. They all jumped back and screamed “ohhhhhhh” simultaneously running in circles being sarcastic and overdramatic. Exo, in a nutshell! I laughed watching them all run around her. Chanyeol was the only one who seemed a bit confused at first but quickly accepted it and joined in on the yelling.

 

“Thank you thank you! But please if you're ever bored and just need a cuddle hit me up!” she winked then laughed which was followed by “Race you guys!” then she bolted, Sabrina was never one to like sports but with the energy she had right now she could have run a mile. I thought about all that just happened today, it was exciting. I can’t wait to see where our future friendship goes with theses boys.