Extra-6

Making things right- ver 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaejoong has been at it for an hour.

Yunho was bringing Changmin down for breakfast when he found Jaejoong was on the floor of the living room, hunched over the canvas. When he and Changmin are bathed and changed into clean clothes and are back downstairs, Jaejoong is still there.

The canvas is still blank though.

The first time he peeked at her work (she didn’t even notice he was standing right there), she had drawn a few things with a pencil but he couldn’t tell exactly what at that point. The second time he checked on her, she had erased whatever she had drawn and was doing something different.

And it’s honestly unsettling to Yunho.

She was fine when he saw her an hour ago. But now, as he stands behind her and silently observes, he can see her hand trembling and dark spots of sweat on her blouse. He’s not sure if it’s her fatigue setting in or how she normally gets whenever she’s into her art. Either way, the intensity and ghost of frustration on her face is worrisome that he doesn’t want to leave her by herself today.

He’s almost regretting giving Ji Ajhumma the day off and telling his mom to rest after both women did some major decorating around the house. Both Yunho and Jaejoong appreciated their effort that Jaejoong assured she would be fine taking care of Changmin for the day.

Now Yunho doesn’t want to leave Jaejoong unattended. He can’t even consider taking a day off from work because he’s scheduled to do a major surgery today, one of the few surgeries he takes these days.

With a heavy heart, he decides he needs to get Jaejoong to put down the pencil for today.

“Hey Jae…” he cautiously taps her shoulder to get her attention. When Jaejoong tilts her head to look at him, he can see the lingering aftereffects of her intense focus. He gets a couple of tissues from the box on the coffee table and dabs them on her face. “You need to take a break.”

“Oh… was it this hot? I didn’t even realize.” Jaejoong takes the tissues and wipes her face herself, missing Yunho’s pursed lips. It’s saying something that she didn’t even realise her state.

"So Minnie's finishing up his milk and you need to eat too." As if on cue, Yunho hears the rumbling from Jaejoong's stomach.

He helps the embarrassed Jaejoong up and tugs her to the dining table where a plate of French toast was waiting for her. Changmin took a break from industriously slurping milk out of the sipper to give his mother a gap-toothed grin.

"So I might have to stay late today. If there's anything, just call me or mom." Yunho helps Jaejoong into a chair before getting his own lunchbox he packed earlier. "Don't forget Hana-ssi and Kyuhyun will stop by at 10 to take both of you to the zoo. I'm going to take a taxi so you guys can take my car."

"I forgot about our playdate. I'll have to change into something less sweaty." Jaejoong sniffs her collar only for her face to crumple at the odour.

"Please do." Yunho pecks that frown on her forehead, "and Jae, go easy on the drawing."

His concern was obvious and vaguely familiar. "I had this scary focussed expression didn't I?"

"Do you always get that way when you draw?"

"I never really realise it. Dad would have to call me several times to get my attention."

"Well, take it down a notch. You don't have to complete this project in a day."

Jaejoong promises to try and after they exchange the usual kisses before Yunho is off to work.

~~~

"I'll get the bags and strollers. You get the boys out." Hana tells Jaejoong as soon as they pull over in the parking lot.

While Hana goes to the back of the SUV, Jaejoong gets the toddlers out of their car seats. She first gets Kyuhyun since he's closer and puts him on his feet. "Don't move." She tells the mischievous tot and Kyuhyun obediently stands close to her feet. Well, he'll not get to any mischief without his best friend.

Jaejoong gets Changmin out of his seat when she notices he's a little low on energy. He clings to her neck as she carries him out and puts him next to Kyuhyun.

Jaejoong feels his arm and then his forehead. She's not sure if she's imagining his skin feeling slightly warm on this pleasant spring day.

"Everything okay?" Hana comes pushing the double-stroller they rented for today with their bags of snacks hanging off the back of it.

"I'm not sure but Minnie feels a little warm."

Hana immediately feels Changmin's forehead. She even puts her palm against Kyuhyun's forehead to compare. "It's not very noticeable but he does feel a little warm." Hana immediately gets the milk she packed from the stroller and makes Changmin drink from the sipper. "He's probably car sick. He'll get better in a bit."

Jaejoong can only take Hana's word for it as they wait for Changmin to slurp the milk. Hana shushed Kyuhyun when he was getting whiny that they aren't in the zoo yet. "By the way, Yunho-ssi left your wheelchair in the back too. Do you want to take it?"

"It's okay. I'll just rest somewhere if I'm too tired." Jaejoong takes the empty sipper from Changmin when he's done. "Better?" Changmin nods.

"Leggo~" he takes Kyuhyun's hand and both boys urge their mothers to move.

 "Let's get going before we miss the sea lion show." Jaejoong was about to pick up Changmin to put him in the stroller but Hana stops her.

"Let's allow them to have their fun first. We'll use the stroller when we're all tired." Jaejoong agrees with Hana and they let the boys walk together while they take the empty stroller along.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter