Extra-10

Making things right- ver 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Double Update! Don't forget to read extra 9 too.

____________________________________

Ji Ajhumma placed the last of the dishes on the table they had moved to the living room for the party.

"Oh my! Everything smells so great, I can't wait to dig in." Jihye announces as she entered sniffing the aroma of the spread Ji Ajhumma prepared.

"Kindergartners aren't going to wait for food. So I'm sure you'll get to eat pretty soon." Ji Ajhumma looks over her handiwork and commends herself on the impressive job.

"I hope, if they don't demolish it first. Where should I keep the cake?"

"I thought Yunho-ssi went to get the cake."

"He did. But he called me to say something came up and told me to pick up the cake on the way here." Jihye shows the box containing the cake she bought on the way here.

"You can keep that on the coffee table. We'll have the cake and food here and then move the party to the terrace for all the games."

The two women arrange the cake on the table together among the animal themed napkins and  glasses Jihye bought specially for the wildlife costume party.

"I'm so glad Yunho agreed to have the party on the terrace. It's such a waste the top floor is unused." Jihye is slightly miffed that Yunho leaves the entire third floor of the house empty. She's been suggesting to make a cosy lounge or a garden there. But he's reluctant to give Ji Ajhumma another room to maintain.

"Well a single room and a terrace occupying an entire floor is excessive, if you ask me. But I agree it's a waste to just leave it like that. With a little work, it could be a great place to have more such parties."

"Isn't it? Minnie's even going to school now and he'll have so many friends. It'll be so much fun to have his birthday parties on the terrace. That's it!" Jihye stood up and with emphatic gestures she declares, "Starting from Changmin's fifth birthday today, I'm going to make the third floor of this house the official parties and hangouts venue. We're going to get a swing, bean bags, and those cute potted plants tomorrow. This is our new project." And Jihye and Ji Ajhumma seal the deal with a high-five.

"I'm home." Yunho's voice is heard from the door before he strolls in and sees the two women with that familar overexcited zeal that he'll pay for in some form in the near future. "I don't want to know." He continues about his way with a large board wrapped in brown paper tucked under his arm.

"Where did you go suddenly? I thought you took the week off for Minnie's birthday." Jihye yells down the hallway Yunho disappeared in.

She waits impatiently till Yunho reappears from a room at the end of the hallway. "Ajhumma, the scissors aren't here?"

"I took them earlier. It's probably still in the kitchen." Yunho heads to the kitchen where he finds the scissors near the microwave. Jihye follows him, standing near the island while he cuts the tape holding the brown wrapping paper around the board.

"It wasn't work." He answers his mother's question, "I had to pick this up from a friend." He unwraps the paper on the floor of the kitchen while Jihye and Ji Ajhumma watch on. Yunho pulls the paper apart and disposes it off in the trash can letting the ladies admire the board that turned out to be a painting.

It's a sunrise, with an orange and blue sky and a sea so delicately done, it seemed like they were looking at shimmery blue water. But the standout is what appears to be the bow of a boat in the lower half of the painting. The parts of the boat - the bow, deck, some ropes and partially visible sails were done in a thin textured 3D effect using plaster. Standing on the bow, not in 3D effect, is a human figure. There's nothing identifiable about the figure except that it's a male.

"She finally completed it..." Jihye touches the textured boat softly, afraid she might damage it. "It took two years, but she finally did it."

"With us nagging her to not push herself." Ji Ajhumma adds, "not to mention those phases where she didn't feel like it."

"It's done finally. And if she does another painting again, it'll be too soon." Yunho picks up the painting and heads to the living room.

"Oh! On the mantel. So everyone can see." Jihye runs ahead of him and clears a few things from the mantel so Yunho can place the painting.

"This will have to do for now. I'll have it up on the wall tomorrow."

"You're definitely going to forget, I'm sure of it." Jihye huffs knowing she will have to take care of it herself.

"Don't worry. I'll call my daughter and son-in-law tomorrow. They can hammer a nail in the wall for the panting. And they can also help with all the stuff we're planning to do upstairs." Ji Ajhumma's declaration has Jihye agree enthusiastically.

Yunho though is shaking his head, "I said I didn't want to know."

But The women ceaselessly with their outrageous plans for the third floor. Before Yunho would cancel their plans a fluffy little deer came running down the stairs.

"CAAAAAAKE~!” was the loud war cry before it’s cut short when the deer runs into a pair of legs. "No cake before the party begins." Ji Ajhumma tells the little deer that's disorientated after crashing into her when she suddenly appeared between him and the cake. But he registers the denial of cake and his eyes well up.

"Come 'ere you." Yunho picks up his son who's looking rather squishable in that fluffy brown onesie and deer headband.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter