Extra-18

Making things right- ver 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaejoong is scribbling idly in her sketchbook from she hears the front door open. "I'm home." She drops her book with a start when she heard that voice followed by Misun's voice. "Changmin, what are you doing home so early?"

Jaejoong twists in her spot on the couch and sure enough, Changmin strolls in. "Min?" Jaejoong presses for and answer but Changmin waves it off. "I was given free time to practice for the recital. I came home because it's hard to concentrate in school with Kyuhyun nagging me every five minutes."

Misun fished out his lunchbox out of his bag and found it heavy. "You didn't eat lunch yet?"

"Later. I'm going to practice now." Changmin runs upstairs without a backward glance while the two women watch him go like he's avoiding something.

"What's gotten into him?" Misun voices out loud before returning to her work. Jaejoong has an inkling what might be bothering Changmin, something she was afraid of since this morning. Without missing a beat, she grabs her phone and calls Yunho.

~~~

Yunho is home an hour after Jaejoong called him. Misun is surprised by an arrival the second time today but doesn't comment on it assuming a very worried mother called for backup as soon as her teenage son behaved out of the ordinary.

Yunho goes straight for his wife at the table who's very sloppily eating a lettuce wrap. "You still make them very large." He thumbs the stray rice around her lips and ears them before planting a kiss on her lips.

"I didn't think you'd be home so early."

"I had fewer consultations today. Someone covered for me...How's he?"

As he asks that the strumming of a guitar can be heard from upstairs. "He's not locked his door, so that's good right?"

"I guess..." Yunho frowns when he plays a certain section over and over again. "I thought he's practicing. He's supposed to be singing at the recital."

"I know... and from what I can hear, he's not able to concentrate." Jaejoong sighs painfully. "I thought he was fine... but he's clearly affected by what we told him."

"While I didn't think he'd be completely unaffected, this is something else." The erratic playing they hear is so not like the boy who had the song down pat in a week. Something clearly has him flustered enough to lose concentration. "He was able to pretend he was fine. So clearly something else has him more flustered than this morning that he can't even hide it." Yunho makes a point but before she can ask him what his theories are, he blurts out, "I think we have a tern on our hands."

"Yunho!"

"What? I just mean he’s probably having heart trouble... the romantic kind." Jaejoong couldn't even counter because the doorbell rings.

"I got it." Misun walks past them, still carrying the empty laundry hamper, to open the door. When she opens the door she finds a girl in a uniform from Changmin's school but not someone Misun has seen before.

 "Umm... is this Jung Changmin's home?"

Misun nods, "y-yeah. Come in." Misun lets her in muttering "is today skip school day or what?"

Jaejoong and Yunho are waiting some distance from the doorway where a girl is taking off her shoes. Misun is making incoherent gestures above her line of sight while pointing at the girl they're very curious about.

When the girl is done and stands up, she notices the couple in front and panics. "Ommo! You're Changmin's parents! I did

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter