Extra-5

Making things right- ver 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm home!" Yunho hollers while toeing off his shoes. While he's getting his slippers, he notices a new flower vase next to the bowl of keys.

Straight ahead, the previously bare wall opposite the entryway had a framed picture of him and Jaejoong on their wedding day. He only remembers now that he never collected their wedding pictures from his mother.

"Welcome home Yunho-ssi." Ji Ajhumma greets him from the kitchen.

"Oh good evening! Aren't you supposed to be home by now?" Yunho doesn't want to sound like he doesn't want her here. Actually Ji Ajhumma would've left for the day an hour ago. Yunho was expecting to be greeted by his wife and son as usual. So he's kind of confused and worried if the housekeeper is still here.

"I was helping Jihye-ssi put up all things she brought and it got really late. Jihye-ssi left 10 minutes ago in fact."

"So my mother already went to town in my house?"

"She's nowhere near done. She's going to be back here early tomorrow with more stuff. And I overheard talk of a chandelier."

At that Yunho let out an incoherent groan. "I knew I shouldn't have given her free reign. The house will look so ostentatious by the time she's done."

"I think it's wonderful." The housekeeper says fondly, "If the house reflects his parents, Changmin will know he's home."

Yunho understands what she means and where his mother is coming from. He’s been wanting to add more homely touches to the house himself but never got around to it. In a way, he’s glad it’s his mother who took the responsibility.

His mother raised him singlehandedly despite hardships. For the first eight years of his life they didn't have a permanent house. But to a little Yunho, his grandparents' small clothing store is the earliest memory of what he can call home.

When he was not in school, he was at the shop helping out his mother. At nights, he'd do his homework while his mother created her own designs to sell at their shop. When they were evicted from their home for the nth time, they slept at the shop and had their pick of food from any restaurant in the area.

When a magazine featured Jihye's creations, she got her big break and soon she was able to get her dream home with the massive garden. His grandparents' shop was gone when the area was redeveloped but Jihye had her own studio by then.

But even so, to Yunho home was sitting alongside his mother as they did their own work silently while sharing multiple cups of ramen.

"There's chicken in the oven. And the rice cooker is on." Yunho snaps out of his thoughts when Ji Ajhumma speaks. She's in the middle of putting on her shoes to leave. "Jaejoong-ssi hasn't eaten yet. And Changmin is already in bed."

"Already? How did he skip dinner?"

"Apparently they ran into Kyuhyun at the mall and the two kids tired themselves out. It was convenient that Changminnie was too tired to get in the way of the decorating." She puts her shoes on and opens the door, "I'll be here early tomorrow to help your mother. So don't worry about breakfast. Good night Yunho-ssi."

"Take care on your way home." Yunho sends her off and heads to the kitchen. He first sets the table and then jogs upstairs to look for Jaejoong. He checks in on Changmin and finds him sleeping in his room as Ji Ajhumma said.

"Yunho, are you back?" Jaejoong's voice echoes from the master bedroom and Yunho hurries to her, afraid something is wrong. But when he stumbles through the door, Jaejoong is merely sitting on their bed with an open album on her lap. She's oblivious to the sli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter