Extra-19

Making things right- ver 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Changmin steps out of the bathroom, changed into his hospital outfit, his mother is curled up on the couch and chewing her nail. "Umma if you're going to be like that, you should chew a carrot. It'll be good for your eyes."

"I only keep walking into that glass door because it's too clean." Jaejoong declares defiantly before biting her nail again. Changmin doesn't comment further, simply slipping into bed.

A minute later, the door opens and Yunho enters with a foreign female doctor. He glances at Jaejoong and grits out, "Jaejoong..." she immediately releases her thumb and hides her hand behind her back as if that will hide how anxious she is. Yunho gestures to the other doctor with him and speaks in English, "This is Dr. Gloria Weber. She's going to do this surgery with me. And she's the lead researcher. So, she's also going to publish everything on the surgery."

 "Hello Mrs. Jung." Gloria greets Jaejoong first, her perfect English with a slight German accent, surprising her at first since her English isn't as good as Yunho's. "N-nice to meet you." Jaejoong raises her hand to shake Gloria's hand but sees her own saliva coated fingers and draws them back. Gloria understands though and smiles to let her know it's okay. She turns to her patient instead.

"Hi!" Changmin waves first before they exchange a handshake.

"Hello Changmin. I hope you're ready for today."

"I was born ready, in more ways than one."

Gloria chuckles in agreement turning to Yunho, "I can see that wit you were talking about."

 "It gets tiring in about 30 minutes." Yunho quips, shooting a cheeky look at his equally cheeky son.

"Well, I'm going to rest before the surgery. God knows it's going to be a long one. See you in the OR Changmin." Gloria excuses herself and leaves the private room. Outside the door, she sees a group of people waiting and assumes they're here for Changmin. She greets the few who notice her, before shooting a concerned look to the youngest person among there. He's visibly anxious that he doesn't notice her immediately. "Are you Changmin's friend?"

It takes Kyuhyun a while to process the English before he nods. "Don't worry. He's in good hands." She ruffles his hair before going her way.

When the doctor is gone, two pairs of adults return their attention to Kyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter