Chapter Two

Transgender (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

02

 

    I put my best smile on as I followed Tiffany to the cafe.

 

    “It’d be faster to take the car, but I like walking. I gives us a chance to talk!” Tiffany said, slowing down a little to match my pace.

 

    “Yeah I totally agree.” I started. “So, what are your hobbies?” I cringed at my choice of words, but tried not to let it show.

 

    “Well, I’m the leader of the youth fellowship program at my church! That, and I like to play piano. You?”

 

    “Oh, um, nothing really. I’m a pretty boring person. So, youth fellowship? What’s that?”

 

    “Well I’m in charge of Sunday School and such for all the kids below ten. At first, I was reluctant because I despised kids at the time, but my father, the preacher of our church, pushed me to do it. He said it would train me to be a good mom.”

 

    “Wow, he’s already thinking about you as a mom?”

 

    “Yeah. He’s determined to find me a match soon. He says, ‘Life is short, live it up.’ But in a very Christian way, of course. No before marriage, no drugs, no alcohol.”

 

    “Wow.. that sounds..”

 

    “Amazing! I know. Sorry.. I have a tendency to cut people off. To sum it up, I really enjoy the path my life is going. And now I have a new friend to share it with!” Tiffany flipped her hair back and put her hand on my shoulder. I smiled briefly at her, and we arrived at the cafe.

It was a high end cafe, more like a restaurant than a casual hang-out spot. I grabbed a menu and flipped it open, starting to look at the options. My eyes about popped out of my head. 10.99 for a sandwich?

 

    “I can’t afford this!” I thought out loud. I earned a brief glare from Tiffany before she smiled yet again and chimed,

 

    “Don’t worry! I got you covered. Order whatever you want.”

 

    “Oh, okay. Thanks.” I ended up getting that 10.99 sandwich, along with a lemon and honey tea.

 

    “So,” She began. “I don’t believe you have no hobbies. C’mon, spill!”

 

    “Uh, I mean I sing, sort of.”

 

    “Really? That’s so cool! What kind of stuff?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter