Chapter Nine

Transgender (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

09

 

Tiffany’s POV

 

After that night, I avoided Taeyeon like the black plague. The memory of her lips on mine pretty much haunted me. I eventually turned the excitement I felt into a bad vibe, forcing myself to think it was so wrong. She would always text me, and I would never answer.

 

Deep down, I knew I enjoyed it. I started to question myself. But I was buried so deep under pounds and pounds of denial. I couldn’t accept the fact that I may like a girl. I mean, I’m straight, right? How could I possibly like a girl?

 

Every time I saw Taeyeon on campus my heart skipped a beat. I couldn’t talk to her. It would make me question myself even more. I fell down a trapdoor of feelings every time I thought about her. I greatly missed having her stay the night and go to church in the morning. I missed hanging out at the cafe, and gossiping.

 

She was my best friend. That’s it. Anything more would be unacceptable. I very strongly wished I never heard her phone conversation, never knew her lips touched mine. But I did. And it’s not like I could tell her what happened, I mean who does that?

 

So I decided to ignore it and rekindle our friendship. Very luckily, she hadn’t gotten tired of my back and forth attitude, as she gladly accepted my request of hanging out. We met where we normally do, at the cafe. I got there first, and ordered our coffee.

 

She walked through the door, looking like a disoriented mess. Her hair was in a frazzled ponytail, and she was wearing sweats and an old, ratty t-shirt. She had a few loose papers clutched in her hand. But she somehow managed to pull it off.

 

“Hey, hi, sorry I’m late.” She took a seat in the wooden chair and relaxed, setting down the papers and picking up the warm coffee. I glanced at the papers. Study guides.

 

“Did I disturb your studying?” I asked, my glance now falling on Taeyeon.

 

“No, god no! I’ve been really needing a break, so this was perfect timing. It seems like all my teachers are throwing tests at me at the same time.”

 

“Tragic,” I laughed, taking a drink of my coffee. She mocked my laugh and took a sip of hers. So far so good. “So, I should probably expla-” I was interrupted.

 

“No, I’d rather not hear and explanation. It’d make things awkward for the both of us.” She proposed. That sounded like a good idea to me.

 

“Okay. So, what’s been going on?” I changed the subject, not wanting to linger.

 

“Well actually, I’ve been going on some dates. I tried this one app. I felt a ping of jealousy, but chose to completely ignore it.

 

“Oh, how’s that going?”  

 

“To be honest, terrible. I mean all the girls on there are-” She stopped speaking and covered , like she said something wrong. Without speaking, she threw three dollars on the table, probably for the coffee, and sped walk out the d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter