Chapter Three

Transgender (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

03

 

“Wake up Taeyeon! We have to go to church!” Tiffany shook me awake.

 

“What? What time is it?”

 

“7:30! Now get up lazy bones!”

 

“It’s so early! Why?”

 

“Early? This is sleeping in for me. Now get up! We leave in an hour.” TIffany hit me with a pillow until I peeled the blanket off my body. My hair was messy and my eyes were groggily squinted. I sat up and adjusted to the bright light of the morning. Tiffany was looking at me with watchful eyes.

 

    “Chop chop!” She said, averting her eyes away from me and exiting the room, closing the door softly as she exited. I quickly got changed and did my makeup. Before I got my top surgery, I took the free makeup classes in our local beauty shop.

 

I exited her room and stumbled into the hallway. I bumped into a boy, who had black shaggy hair that desperately needed to be cut- and washed. He looked up with annoyance, and recognition flashed on both his face and mine. When Tiffany said her brother’s name was Bryson, I didn’t think it was that Bryson.

 

    “Wh- Taeyoung?” He croaked with surprise.

 

    “Taeyoung? Who? I-I don’t know who that is.” Thankfully, Tiffany cut him off from replying.

 

    “Uh, Bryson? Don’t talk to my friends.” She grabbed my arm and led me downstairs. “C’mon, Taeyeon.” She left him with a confused face. I looked back at him with pleading eyes. He looked back with hateful ones. Well, I’m screwed.

 

    “Bagel or Poptart?” Tiffany asked, rummaging through her cabinet.

 

    “Oh, either is fine.”

 

    “Okay, Poptart it is!” She chimed, grabbing a pack of Poptarts and handing one of them to me. I munched on it as her mother and father came downstairs. Her mother smiled at me and her father gave me a curt nod.

 

    “How are you girls doing this morning?” He asked, preparing his coffee.

 

    “Good, papa. What about you?”

 

    “Oh, pretty good. I have a big speech today. I’m pretty excited to present it.”
 

    “Oh? What’s it about?”

 

    “Homouality.” I almost spit out my poptart.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter