Chapter FIve

Transgender (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

05

 

Tiffany’s POV

(After Church)

    I left the chapel feeling a bit queasy. I tried not to let Taeyeon see, but I’m not quite sure it worked. Every time father talked about these topics, I didn’t feel so well. I don’t know why.. I’m not gay. But I disagree with him on every level.

 

    Being gay, It’s not a sin in my book. Of course, there is a place I draw a line. Like being transgender. That’s my line. Liking the same gender, that is fine. We are all just people, right? But being transgender, that’s like changing your identity, becoming someone new and discarding the things God gave you, and I find it very disrespectful.

 

    I would never let anyone find out about my supportive attitude of gays. Especially father. I would probably be banished to the basement with Bryson, if not kicked out completely. I’d prefer the latter.

 

    So, the ride to take Taeyeon was silent and awkward. The Christian radio channel played softly, the only thing making any noise. We arrived at Taeyeon’s house, and she waved a quick goodbye before exiting the car and walking up her driveway.

 

    “She’s a nice girl. She’s the kind of girl you should hang out with, not that dreaded Sunny.” Father chimed, smiling out towards Taeyeon. I exhaled a loud sigh. He’s always hated Sunny, my best friend. He’s always let me hang out with her, but he makes his disapproval very clear. It’s probably because she isn’t a clean cut Christian. She doesn’t go to church, she curses a lot, around my family. She has a short, cropped pixie cut, which she’s dyed crazy colors. RIght now, it’s bright pink. She’s quite a flirt, and has no filter.

    I decided to text her at my father’s mention.

 

Hey! What’s up Sun?

 

..Can’t talk right now Tiff. I have company, if you know what I mean!

 

Again?

 

Hey, no judgement. I’ll text you later, miss Mary. Love you!!

 

I’m sighing at you right now.

 

 

    I discarded my phone back in my bag. I love her, but she’s always busy.. With other people. She always teases me because I’ve never had a boyfriend and I’m in college.

 

    “Father, do you disapprove of a boyfriend?” I wondered out loud. He looked at me with a brief, stern look as he drove.

 

    “Yes and no. He has to fit my standards, you know what I’m talking about. I’d want to meet him. Why? Have one?”

 

    “No.. I was just wondering.”

 

    “Good.. you’re too young to have a boyfriend Tiffany. Nobody is good enough for my little girl.” I tried to let out a laugh, but it came out sounding forced and mangled.  We soon arrived home, and my mother was rushing to the kitchen to make lunch.

 

    “Please get me when It’s ready!” I requested, escaping to my room and pushing the door softly shut. My back made contact with the wall and I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter