Chapter Six

Transgender (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

06

Taeyeon POV

 

    It’s been a month since me and Baekhyun saw each other for that lunch date. SInce then, we’ve seen each other maybe three times a week. I really like him, but there’s always a voice in my head telling me that he’s not the right person. I’ve always ignored it though, always dismissing it as butterflies or nerves.

 

Tiffany and I have hung out a lot since then, too. I’ve ended up going to church with her and her family every Saturday. It’s fine when he doesn’t bring up and LGBT issues. When he does, I normally just go to the bathroom and sit. Her family has gotten to like me, except Bryson. Every time I walk through that door with a smile on my face, he shoots it down with an icy glare. A few times he’s tried to speak to me, but has always been interrupted, and for that I’m glad. I couldn’t let him confirm that it is me he once knew. I just couldn’t. He would blab, and everything would be ruined.

 

I got a text from Tiffany saying her dad would like to invite me to a formal mixer tonight. Obviously, I accepted. Now, I was in the shop looking for a nice dress to wear. I had Sooyoung with me, as we hadn’t hung out in quite a bit.

 

“So, what are you looking for, exactly?” She asked me, eyes gleaming with excitement.

 

“Something formal, fancy and flattering.”

 

“Ah, yes. I forgot, it is the Hwangs you are trying to impress. You’re looking in the wrong section.” She said, leading me over to where the gowns were. Without even looking at the color, she scooped up a racks worth of dresses and shoved them into my arms.

 

    “We will try all of these on and determine which one is the best fit.. For Tiffany.”

 

    “Hey! I am with Baekhyun. I don’t like Tiffany!”

 

    “Yeah, and a dog doesn’t like treats.” I scoffed at her, now completely annoyed. Nonetheless, I tried on dress after dress until I tried on a plain, navy blue gown, silky to the touch, and to the look, may I add.  Sooyoung looked blown away and asked for all the other dresses to be put away. We were buying this one.

 

~~~

 

“You look so beautiful!” Tiffany’s mom shrieked, looking me up and down with a look of contempt. “Let’s get a picture of you and Baekhyun.” I shot around, and there he was, in a crisp black suit.

 

“I had no idea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter