Chapter Twelve

Transgender (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

12

 

Tiffany POV

 

As winter came, my excitement for the holidays grew. I mean, what’s not to love about it? Sure, it gets really cold, but you can layer up with sweaters and scarves, which are my favorite things ever. You get to hang out with your family, and your friends. It’s such a merry time. And this year, my family finally decided to go on a winter vacation to the mountains. So of course, I was extra excited.

 

Sunlight gleamed through my window in patches, slowly waking me up. I groaned and threw a fallen pillow at the window. Reluctantly, I sat up, rubbing my eyes with my hands briefly before falling back onto the bed. Slowly but surely, I became more awake. I slipped my feet out from under the covers and swung my legs over the side of the bed. I put on some slippers and wrung my hair into a loose ponytail, which swung from my head as I trudged down the stairs. Another con to winter was that I was always sick and groggy.

 

I gratefully accepted the mug of hot chocolate my mother handed me and took a small sip. I set it down on the table and walked over to the freezer, and looked at my breakfast options. Toaster pastry, or waffle. I took out two frozen waffles and put them in the toaster to cook.

 

I sat next to my mom, who was reading the news on her phone. She paid me no attention as I got up to get my waffles and tended to them. While I was eating them, my dad came downstairs and joined us at the table.

 

“So, ladies, I have some news.” Both my mom and I looked up from what we were doing to look at him. “Bryson is no longer coming with us to the cabin. He.. well, that’s not important right now. So, Tiff, if you would like, you could invite Taeyeon to come along with us!” My eyes immediately perked up. I nodded at his suggestion and rushed up into my room to call Taeyeon.

 

“Hello? Tiff?”

 

“Hey! Taeyeon! Are you busy over winter break?”

 

“..I don’t think so. Why?”

 

“You should totally come with my family and I up to the mountains. We have a cabin there! The only thing- you would have Christmas with us.”

 

“I would love to!”

 

“Great, I’ll see you then!” I hung up, quite satisfied.

 

***

 

The time came sooner than expected. Before I knew it, I was piling blankets and pillows in the car for Taeyeon and I, as the car ride would be quite long. After a text and a few minutes of waiting, I saw her walk up the driveway with her luggage.

 

“Hey!” I greeted, walking outside. The cold air brushed against my skin, making me shiver. She smiled at me. “Let me take that.” I said, grabbing her bags and bringing them to the car. I put them in the back with all the other luggage and we went inside.

 

“Taeyeon!” My mother greeted, rushing to give her a hug. “How’ve you been?” She asked, pulling away.

 

“I’ve been good! Busy, but good.”

 

“Well, I hope you’re ready to relax! Can I make you girls some hot chocolate before we head off?” Both of us nodded and she got to work, heating up the water, pouring in the mix, and splitting the batch into two thermos cups. She handed them to us, and we thanked her, gingerly sipping the hot beverage.

 

Soon, it was time to go. My mother, father, Taeyeon and I all piled into the car and headed on our way to the cabin. The ride was filled with a lot of sleeping, mostly. Taeyeon ended up falling asleep on my shoulder. I watched her as she slept, her chest rising up and down slowly, and short breaths coming out of . Her hair, which was previously pinned up, had fallen into her face, and covered her eyes. My heart fluttered ever so slightly. I shoved it out of my head, though, and I fell asleep too.

 

I woke to Taeyeon shaking me.

 

“We’re almost there!” She said, excitement clear in her tone. I looked out the window and smiled at the sight. We were driving up the snow-covered mountain, and the cabin was in sight. We drove in, and parked. After the ten hour drive, all of us were glad to get up and walk around. As I got out of the car, my feet crunched against the snow. I looked over to Taeyeon, who had a big grin on her face as she stretched. SHe gracefully lifted her arms and stretched them out, then her legs. She started to walk towards me, and then, she slipped, crashing into me, sending us both onto the ground.

 

She landed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter