Chapter Thirteen

Transgender (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

13

 

Tiffany POV

 

    My back was pressed against the opposite side of the bathroom door.  My breathing was heavy, and my eyes were wide. What did I just do?  I felt the doorknob start to rattle and bolted. I ran outside, and into the brisk winter air. I didn’t have my coat on, so obviously, I was freezing. I leaned against a tree, rubbing my arms to gather some warmth, when I felt something drape over my shoulders. Standing behind me was Taeyeon, with a worried look on her face.

 

“Why didn’t you at least put on a coat?” She asked, zipping hers up. I looked at her, trying to figure out what was going on in her head. She didn’t seem fazed, and I couldn’t tell if that was a good or bad thing. “Look, before you say anything, we can put it behind us. It never happened.” She said, leaning against a tree. I smiled gratefully at her and followed as she walked back inside.

 

“Girls! How was your trip?” My mom smiled, drinking her coffee pretending as if we hadn’t caught her doing whatever she was doing.

 

“It was good. It seems like you two had a pretty good time as well!” I laughed, walking into Taeyeon and I’s room. I heard her mother curse at her father, because they had been caught. Taeyeon closed the door behind her and sat down. The air surrounding us was tense. It should be.. Behind us, like she said. Right? So why wouldn’t the warm feeling in my stomach leave as I sat next to her?

 

“I have to um, go do something.” I said, getting up. I flashed her as convincing of a smile as I could, which she returned with a slight one. I walked out of the room and into the kitchen. My mother and father were sitting there, conversing over a cup of coffee. God knows what about, because as soon as they spotted me, the laughter seized, and my mother’s face turned a bright tomato red.

 

“Honey! Hi, er-” My mother started, only to be cut off by my dad.

 

“Listen, why don’t you and Taeyeon go out, I think there’s a plaza with some shops, maybe an hour away. It’d be good for you girls!” He said, sliding his hands around my mother’s waist. I opened my mouth to speak, but he walked over to me and handed me his credit card. “Buy whatever you want.”

I nodded and turned back around to our room. I opened the door and she was laying down, small snores coming out of . She looked peaceful. I almost didn’t want to wake her, but the between my mom and dad was so unbearable, I wanted to get out of there as soon as I could. I shook her gently, and she opened her eyes.

 

“How did you fall asleep so quick?” I chuckled, and my palms became sweaty. She merely shrugged. “Anyways, we have to go. My parent want alone time. So, we get to use their credit card to do whatever we want basically.” Her eyes lit up and she shuffled to put on her coat quickly.

 

The drive down wasn’t nearly as awkward as I thought it would be, which I was grateful for. There was hints of chatter here and there, but mostly we drove in silence. While I drove, I couldn’t take my mind off Taeyeon. I kept telling myself that I didn’t want to kiss her again, that I didn’t like it, and that I wasn’t slowly falling for her, but all of those things were true.

 

I parked in a random lot, off towards the side of a small town. Using our phones, we looked up what was near, and decided to start with a little bit of shopping. We walked a short distance to a retail store and started browsing the aisles. She grabbed a few things, and went to try them on. I found a few myself, and went to try them on too. I walked to the try on area, which was a small room separated by three curtains.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter