Chapter Eight

Transgender (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

08

 

Taeyeon POV

 

    I stood from the table and shook the grasp of Tiffany’s hand. I could feel my face getting hot, and I hoped it didn’t look red. I walked out of the cafe, reaching for my phone, but it wasn’t there. I started to panic, but Tiffany rushed out of the cafe after me with my phone in her hand.

 

    “You forgot it.” She told me, extending it out to me. I smiled at her and grabbed it, starting to dial up Baekhyun’s phone number. He answered right away.

 

    “Hey, gorgeous.” He greeted me, making me cringe.

 

    “Hi, listen.. I need to talk to you.”

 

    “Great! Let’s meet up for coffee.”

 

    “No.. It’d just be easier to say it over the phone.”

 

    “Okay.. go.”

 

    “This, us, it’s not.. Working.”

 

    “W-what?”

 

    “I don’t want to be with you anymore.” I got no answer, just a sigh.

 

    “.. You’ll regret this. Just you wait.” He said in a voice that made my spine shiver. Worry filled me, but I knew I had to do it, and I did. I glanced back through the glass windows of the cafe and saw Tiffany still sitting there. So, I decided to go back in.

 

    “It’s done.” I told her, sitting down again. She looked blankly at me for a second before she smiled and sipped her coffee.

 

    “Do you want to come over this weekend?” She asked me, setting her mug down on the table.

 

    I nodded, and my heart fluttered. She was back, and I was glad.

 

 

* * *

 

 

    I threw my bag in the corner of her room and plopped on her bed. It’d been months since I had come over, and I have to admit I missed it a lot. Her house had become my second home. When I wasn’t at class or my house, I was at hers.

 

    We decided to watch a movie, one neither of us had seen. We scrolled through netflix and abandoned our plan, putting on Titanic. She went to go make some popcorn and I waited for her absent-mindedly. She had a picture of us hung up on her wall, and It made me ecstatic. I imagined how the picture would be if we were a couple instead of best friends. Would it be the same? I would have hoped not.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter