Chapter One

Transgender (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

01

 

    I sighed a breath of anxiety as I started to unwrap the bandage on my chest. Seven weeks ago today I had my top surgery, and my breath was quick as I let the bandage fall to the ground. I smiled with joy as I slipped on the bra I had been dying to wear for four years.

  

 I quickly put a blouse over it and examined my outfit. Four years ago, I wouldn’t have dreamed of wearing this. I was a female trapped in a male’s body, and I thought all hope for me was nonexistent. But then I got a job, saved up some money, and moved out. It was then I really started to accept myself, to accept the fact that the reason I had grown my hair out every since I was seven was that I wanted it to be like a girls.

 

    I wanted to be a girl. No, not want. I was a girl. I am a girl. And I’ve never been happier. And now, I won’t get the judgemental stares from my classmates, my friends, my family. Starting fresh will be good for me. I’m a new person, and I have a new life. A new life as Kim Taeyeon, and nobody but that.

 

    I got a reminder on my phone letting me know I had fifteen minutes before I had to go. I briskly applied some mascara and brushed my hair, a golden blonde. I got it from my mother. From my father, I got my dark eyes. I put on my shoes and grabbed my bag. I ate a granola bar and brushed my teeth before I went on my way.

 

    I locked my apartment door and walked out of the complex. It was an early fall day, the beginning of the term. Leaves were just starting to change color, and a light breeze flew across the air. I hopped into my car, and started driving to the college, so far so good.

 

    The campus was a lot bigger than I expected, and class started in five minutes. I jogged across the pavement, and right into someone. Like every cliche movie ever, we both tumbled to the ground. My fall was broken by her, but her fall was directly on the stone, with me on top of her. I reached my hand to the ground to push myself up, and I of course ended up falling yet again. Except this time my hand landed on something that was not the ground.

 

    “! Oh my god I am so sorry!” I exclaimed, my face now as red as the blouse I was wearing.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter