Run

Midnight ~ ミドナイト ~ (discontinued)

        Momo didn’t stick around to watch Sana release Mina from the rest of the restraints. She had seen the wild look in Mina’s eyes and that was enough for her to know that she needed to get out of there and fast. Momo wasn’t a vampire, she wasn’t strong or fast. She had combat knowledge, but it would be little use to her against a vampire on a frenzy. She was merely human after all.

        Momo dashed out of the room, ignoring the pounding in her head as best she could. She found herself in a dark room, lit only by a single red light bulb in the center of the ceiling. Her eyes darted around the room, trying to pinpoint the exit. She could just barely make out the shadow of a staircase to her left. She ran to it and took the steps two at a time. She had no idea what time it was or how far down in the building she was. She hoped the basement was only a flight of stairs down from the foyer.

        Momo’s legs burned as she reached the first landing. To her left was a door with an EXIT sign above it. With a sigh of relief she pushed the door open. However a noise from behind her made her pause. She listened carefully, doing her best to block out the sound of her own heart beating away in her ears. Her eyes widened in alarm as she realized it was the sound of footsteps behind her. And they were catching up fast.

        Momo stepped into the next room and quickly forced the door shut before Mina could catch up to her. She knew there was no way she could lose her in this place. Mina would probably be able to smell her from a mile away. Momo rushed across the foyer, ignoring the alarmed look on the motel guests faces as she ran past them. She was sure she had blood on her from Sana’s basement. It wasn’t her own though and that thought alone disgusted Momo, but she ignored it and pulled open the front entrance to the motel. But as soon as her hand touched the door, something grabbed onto the back of her shirt and pulled her away.

        Momo grasped out for the door once again, but her fingers only pushed against the handle. Her shirt was released momentarily, but within a second the feeling of fingernails digging into her shoulder took its place. Momo screamed out and reached for the door again, doing her best to wriggle out of Mina’s vise-like grip. Momo managed to take a step forward just as she felt Mina’s hot breath on her neck.

        Before Momo could stop herself she let out a cry and with the last bit of energy she had left, she grabbed onto the door handle. She gave it a pull and let a ray of sunlight into the foyer. She heard Mina scream and felt the grip on her shoulder loosen. Although it felt like her flesh was going to melt away from her bones, Momo took this opportunity to run out of the motel.

        The tablet Mina had given her must have worn off. She could feel every ounce of heat from the sun as it penetrated her pores. Without looking back Momo ran down the street, doing her best to stick to every piece of shade she could see. She knew Mina wouldn’t follow her. Even a vampire in a bloodlust wouldn’t sacrifice themselves to the sun.

        Momo ducked into a small alleyway to hide from the sun. She crouched down beside a dumpster and tried her best to ignore the overwhelming smell of rotting food. She had no money and her phone was back at the motel. She needed to find a way to contact the agency, but she couldn’t very well walk into a place of business looking the way she did.

        A crack of thunder sounded overhead and Momo looked up. The sky was gradually beginning to dim with gray clouds. Momo was relieved. Unlike vampires, Momo could walk around freely on a cloudy day, a risk vampires couldn’t take.

 

 

        Mina felt Momo slip through her fingers and watched with anger as she ran out into the sunlight. Mina had never experienced such rage before. Her fingers curled towards her palms and she squeezed her hands into fists. She could only watch as the door swung shut, blocking out the painful rays of sun. Mina could feel eyes on her, people watching her. She could smell the fear radiating throughout their beings. It stank. She turned to them.

        She could hear their heartbeats, fast and out of sync. Pulsing, pushing blood through their veins. Delicious veins that showed themselves as a beautiful blue lines under the skin. Mina took a step towards the couple at the desk. She smirked as the woman clutched onto her boyfriend. The receptionist behind the counter disappeared through a door behind the desk, probably all too aware of what was about to happen.

        Before the couple could even attempt an escape, Mina latched onto the woman’s wrist with one hand, digging her fingernails into her pale skin. She could feel blood start to well up and seep out of fresh wounds, could feel as it trickled onto her skin. She kept the woman still with her hand as she reached for the man. Before she could escape her, she sunk her teeth into the warm flesh at his throat.

        It had been such a long time since she had tasted something so warm and fresh. She couldn’t even recall the last time her teeth at penetrated someone’s skin. She didn’t notice the woman screaming at her side as she fed. She was too lost in her own hunger. The man she was feeding on passed out and sunk to the floor. Mina wiped and looked down at him. He had tasted nice, but the woman in her grasp smelled so much better.

        Mina turned towards the woman, loosening her grip slightly. She reached a hand out and wiped away the tears running down the girls face.

        “It’s going to be okay,” Mina said, her voice like a mother trying to soothe a scared child. The woman stopped shaking and met Mina’s gaze. “It hurts at first, but after a few seconds it’s really not so bad.” Mina lowered to the woman’s neck, pressing her fangs into the juiciest of veins.

 

 

        Momo stepped out into the rain, not caring how crazy she looked as she tried her best to rub away any traces of blood from her skin. She took off her jacket and threw into the dumpster. She just needed to make a phone call and then she could get out of Tokyo. Their mission had failed. Her first mission.

        She was disappointed, but there was nothing she could do about it. Sana was apparently a force to be reckoned with. Not to mention she had been forced to team up with a vampire. The agency should have known better. It felt like she was set up to fail right from the very start, but she knew that that couldn’t be true. She was just mad.

        Momo walked into the nearest shop, where she was greeted by a nice young lady, dressed from head to toe in gyaru fashion, complete with a dark tan and possibly three sets of false eyelashes on.

        “May I use your phone,” Momo asked. To her surprise the girl handed over her personal cell phone which was decked out in the most impractical case ever. Momo thanked the girl before walking towards the back of the store. She dialed the agency’s emergency number and pressed the phone to her ear. She listed to the dial tone for what felt like a lifetime before someone finally answered, asking her where they may direct her call. “Can you put me through to Namekawa Yasuo-san...” There was no reply, just the sound of her call being redirected.

        “Hello,” came a friendly voice from the other end. Momo almost cried with relief at the sound of his voice.

        “Namekawa,” she started, but was unable to continue.

        “Momo?” came the questioning voice. “What’s wrong?”

        “Everything. Sana captured us and-and Mina she….” Momo closed her eyes and tried to calm down. She could hear him sigh.

        “We have agents stationed near Tokyo Tower. Tell me your location and I’ll have them pick you up.”

 

A/N: Probs a lot of typos/mistakes but I'll fix them later~