Lost

Midnight ~ ミドナイト ~ (discontinued)

        Tzuyu winced as Sana plunged her sharp fangs into the fragile skin on her neck. The feeling of drunkenness increased tenfold as Sana the life out of her through her delicate veins. How had this all gone so wrong? She knew it was dangerous to come here, she was practically begging to be preyed upon by walking into this room with a vampire. But she had trusted the vampire hunting duo, Mina and Momo. She had trusted them to not let things get this far. That they’d burst through the door at any second and save her from this monster that was feeding on her. Draining her of her blood and her will to fight back.

        Her vision was hazy as Sana feasted on her and she could feel her own pulse weakening. Was this how she was going to die? Sana was going to drain her of every ounce of blood. They’d find her body completely drained and know it was a vampire who had done it. She wouldn’t even turn into one of the monsters. She would just die.

        And she preferred it that way. She rather die than become a monster!

        But she would have no such luck. Sana disengaged herself from Tzuyu’s neck and wiped her bright red lips on the sleeve of her shirt.

        She leaned back slightly and gazed upon the disoriented face of the Taiwanese girl. A small smile lit up her face as the blood on her chin began to dry.

        She loved making new creations. Another blood creature to add to her ranks.

        “You are very lovely,” Sana breathed. “And you’re about to become absolutely breathtaking!” Sana admired other vampires among all other beings. Sure, a mortal woman could be beautiful, but there was something different, ethereal about a vampire. It always amazed her that such perfect creatures could exist and she had the ability to give mere mortals such a wondrous gift. “I sense great things in your future… Perhaps you’ll even surpass me...”

        Sana watched as Tzuyu’s eyes rolled back into her head as she slipped off into unconsciousness. The transformation had begun.

        “Where are your friends I wonder. They’re going to miss the show.”

 

 

        Momo ran across the street, Mina hot on her heels. The bouncer at the door tried to stop the two from entering. Mina pushed Momo aside and landed a high kick right into the bouncers face. As the man was disoriented, Momo slipped into the club, Mina right behind her.

        The duo pushed their way through the crowd, their eyes on the lookout for Tzuyu, but they couldn’t see her in the crowd. They arrived at the bar, where Momo gave a description of Tzuyu and Sana to the bartender, claiming they were her friends and she was there to meet them. He seemed reluctant.

        “Sana. I’m Sana’s guest. Momo,” she said urgently, hoping that Sana was aware of her presence and had made it known to the bartender that the hunter would come looking for her.

        “She’s in the back,” the bartender said, pointing towards a staircase behind the bar. “She said she was waiting for you.”

        A sinking feeling came over Momo and she hurried around the bar and up the staircase. She opened the door and was greeted by an empty room. Mina inhaled sharply behind her.

        “It smells like Tzuyu in here… And blood...” Mina said softly.

        “Damn it!”

        “We’re too late. Sana took her.”

         “Sana changed her?” Momo looked over at Mina, waiting for the vampires response. Mina’s gaze visibly darkened as she answered Momo with just a single, curt nod of her head. Momo ran a hand through her hair, her whole body was shaking and she felt cold. Before she could stop herself she was bent over and retching, her lunch leaving her body rapidly. She fought to catch her breath as tears overwhelmed her.

        Mina watched on with a shocked expression set on her face. She was frozen in place, not sure what to do. This kind of reaction was uncharacteristic of the almost always stoic Momo. A loud sob broke through Momo’s quiet crying and Mina’s heart fell. She knelt beside the girl and placed a hand on her back, rubbing the back of her shirt in slow circles.

        “We’ll find her,” Mina said. “We can-”

        “What? It’s too late to do anything about it. By the time we find her she’ll already be a vampire.”

______________________________________________

a/n: sorry about the wait and also it's only this little short update! I'm kind of facing a bout of really really bad writers block. Hopefully I can get through it and start updating more regularly.