Vampire Contact

Midnight ~ ミドナイト ~ (discontinued)

        Momo sat at the windowsill of the hotel room she was sharing with Mina. She was staring up at the moon, thinking back to all the things that had gone wrong since their arrival in South Korea. They had found out that the vampires were creating werewolves, which was a terrifying prospect. What were they going to do with them? Were they building an army? Would there be a time when humans and vampires are at war with one another?

        Sana was creating vampires of her own left and right, creating a small army all for herself. Momo wondered what for. Could it be possible that Sana was trying to take over leadership of the South Korean coven of vampires? It seemed so far fetched Momo had a hard time believing it herself. But she also would not be surprised to learn that Sana really was just that ambitious. She already had a lot of power in Japan, slowly rising up the ranks until she was notorious. But why did she leave Japan?

        There were so many things Momo did not know. Things she might never know the answer to. Things she didn’t care to know the answer to, because she didn’t plan on letting Sana gain any more power. She was going to kill her.

        Mina was laid out on the bed, scrolling through a forum on her phone. She snuck glances at Momo’s moon illuminated form every now and then. She was worried about the other woman’s clearly rising levels of stress. She wanted to reassure her that everything will work out in the end. That they will catch Sana, that even if they can’t reverse the vampirism that was surely taking hold of Tzuyu, maybe they could still keep her from becoming a monster.

        There were clearly good vampires out there, just like Mina, but they were so rare. If they could find Tzuyu in the next few days, Mina was sure they could curb her appetite for human blood. Mina winced, she had become so distracted in her own thoughts that she hadn’t noticed she had bit down on her lip a little too hard. She away the blood and sat up on the bed.

        “Momo, let’s go to bed. We can think of a plan tomorrow.”

        Momo looked over at Mina, her shoulders slumping in defeat. She lowered herself from the windowsill and crossed the room to lay beside Mina on the bed. The vampires eyebrows furrowed, her eyes darting between Momo and the other completely empty bed.

        “W-what are you doing?” Mina asked. If her cold heart could still beat it would have been racing right then and there. She gulped down a nervous laugh.

       “You’re laying on my bed,” Momo said. Mina cocked her head to the side and before she could respond Momo had pushed her off of the bed. Mina scrambled to her feet and watched as Momo pulled the comforter over herself and snuggled deeper into the pillow.

       Mina ran her hand through her hair and nodded to herself as she walked to her designated bed. She had forgotten that Momo had claimed the bed closest to the door.

       Just as Momo’s eyes had begun to become heavy, her body readying itself for some much needed sleep, Mina’s cellphone began ringing, playing an obnoxious jpop song that Momo didn’t recognize. Momo rolled over and watched as Mina answered the phone, silencing the music.

       “Hello?” Mina answered. Momo watched as Mina’s expression darkened. Mina listened intently to a man speaking to her. “Yes, this is Agent Myoui.”

       “Agent Myoui, this is Lee Minhyuk. I assume you’ve heard of me.”

       “Y-yes,” Mina managed to confirm, shocked that the powerful vampire would dare contact her. She would wonder how he obtained her phone number, but seeing as he was one of the most powerful people in all of South Korea, she wasn’t all that surprised.

       “I need you to take care of a little problem for me. You’re here to take Sana back to Japan, correct?”

       “Something like that.”


       “I’d like to help you on your mission.”

       “Why would you do something like that? Isn’t she on your side?”

       “I thought that too. But recent events have led me to believe she is only working for herself. I have reason to believe that the longer she stays in the Korea, the more danger I will be in.”

       Mina was shocked to hear that such a powerful vampire would view Sana as a threat.

       “I would like to set up a time and place to meet with you and your partner. For safety reasons, I do not mind if you bring along other agents. Safety in numbers and all that. I assure you though, I do not seek to harm you.”

       “How am I to believe you?”

       “You’re not my type. And neither is Hirai Momo.” If Mina had to guess, she would say that Lee Minhyuk was smirking. She had read so many reports on him. He was dangerous, but he was perhaps the only one who could help them take out Sana.

       “Think it over. Discuss with your partner, Agent Myoui. I’ll send you a text with the time and location I wish to meet. If you do not show up, I will accept that you are not interested. If you don’t show up, I can’t promise to protect you from my coven.”

       Mina was silent, unable to think of a response. The call ended before she could say a word. She lowered her phone onto the bed and met Momo’s curious gaze. The other girl was sitting up in bed now.

       “Lee Minhyuk wants to meet with us. He wants to help us track down Sana… apparently..” Mina’s phone vibrated when she received the text Minhyuk said he would send. “What should we do?”

       Momo pursed her lips and shook her head. “It’s dangerous.”

       “I know. But what if this is the only way?”

       “There has to be another way… What if it’s a trap? What if he knows nothing? Why would he need our help anyways? He’s powerful enough on his own. I think that if he really wanted to get rid of Sana he would do it himself.”

       “I don’t know...”

       “What? You believe him?”

       “It’s just… If Sana trusts him… Maybe she’ll come if he calls.”

       “I just can’t trust a vampire not to betray us.”

       “You can trust me though right?”

        Momo seemed to hesitate but she did nod her head once in an affirmative.

        “Then let’s go meet up with him. Maybe he really can help us. When we meet him we can ask why he doesn’t take care of it himself. If his answers don’t satisfy you, we walk away and figure this case out all by ourselves. Okay?”

        Momo sighed. She was exhausted and didn’t think she could keep arguing this. Mina seemed really set on meeting with Lee Minhyuk.

        “Okay. We’ll go. But if I don’t like what he has to say, I will kill right there on the spot.”

        “It’s not our mission to kill him...”

        “No, but I’m sure no one will be up in arms about his death.”

        Momo laid down, clearly done with the conversation. Mina’s shoulders slumped in defeat. She really hoped Lee Minhyuk wasn’t out to get them, she really wanted to trust him. There were so few decent vampires out there. Mina knew Minhyuk wasn’t one of them, but she wanted to believe that like her, he had some humanity left in him.