Animal

Midnight ~ ミドナイト ~ (discontinued)

        Momo was met by darkness upon entering the school, but that didn’t deter her as she moved through the halls, one foot in front of the other. She could hear Mina following behind her, albeit more slowly. Momo saw light spilling out from a room ahead of her, the light was the same as the dim light that could be seen from the window. The white-blue of a computer monitor.

        Momo stopped before the door and looked behind her. Mina was there, down the hall and still moving at a snail’s pace. Momo waved her over, silently urging her to pick up the pace. Taking the hint, Mina darted forward as if going out for a morning power-walk. Momo couldn’t help but roll her eyes at the sight.

        Mina dashed across the doorway and turned around to stand opposite of Momo. Momo raised her brows and nodded towards the door. As Mina bit down on her bottom lip she peered into the room. Her eyes scanned the area, slowly taking in every little detail until a shadow was cast over her. She blinked and looked up at the man that now stood in front of her. opened as a gasp escaped her.

        Without thinking she grabbed the man by the arm and using all her strength she managed to flip him over her shoulder. Momo stared, gaping in surprise until she remembered that Mina was a vampire and therefore was much stronger than a normal human girl.

        Mina placed her foot on the man’s neck to keep him in place as Momo dashed into the room. She went straight for the table where the young woman was strapped down. Momo freed the girls body and then stood over her, taking in the girl’s face. Her eyes were closed and shut tight as if she was gritting her teeth.

        Momo placed a hand to Chaeyoung’s forehead, but quickly brought her hand away, as if burned.

        “Son Chaeyoung,” Momo started. She watched as the girl stirred at the sound of someone calling her name. “Chaeyoung, I need you to wake up. We’re going to get you out of here.”

        Chaeyoung’s eyes opened to tiny slits and her lips parted slowly. She tried to say something but only ended up letting out a dry cough.

        “Don’t try to speak,” Momo instructed. “Try to stand.”

        Chaeyoung opened her eyes wider as Momo clasped her hand, as if she was finally being brought back to reality.

        “Fire...” Chaeyoung muttered.

        Momo’s brows came together in confusion. She glanced over at Mina who was watching from the doorway, her foot no longer holding the man down. He seemed to have passed out from lack of oxygen from Mina’s pressure on his neck.

        “What did she say?” Mina asked.

        “Fire,” Momo replied. “I don’t know what she means...” Momo looked back down at Chaeyoung who was trying to sit up. She succeeded with the help of Momo and soon she was sliding her legs off the bed.

        Chaeyoung grabbed hold of Momo’s biceps before falling to her knees, her hands sliding down Momo’s arms. The girl looked up at the Japanese woman, tears falling from her eyes. Momo noted that Chaeyoung had seemed to grow pale, her lips a pale pink.

        “I don’t feel good,” Chaeyoung muttered before her grasp tightened on Momo’s arms to the point that Momo winced. She tried to break free from her grasp but was unable to. Momo silently begged for Mina to come help her, but the vampire seemed to be stuck where she stood.

        Chaeyoung’s eyes closed and finally her grip on Momo was released. Momo took a step back as Chaeyoung fell forward so she was on all fours. She was twitching slightly and making an awful noise that Momo couldn’t even begin to describe.

        “Chaeyoung...” Momo started, her voice coming out in nothing but a whisper.

        Chaeyoung let out a blood curdling scream, opening and her teeth growing larger and much more pointy. Momo stumbled backwards, but wasn’t able to go far before her back hit a desk. She was stuck between the desk and Chaeyoung whose body was mutating before her very eyes. Her skin had become covered in hair – no, fur!

        “Mina!” Momo called out. Before Mina could take a step forward to help her partner, Chaeyoung had completely changed. Her dark eyes shone with animalistic hunger and she lowered herself to the floor, as if preparing herself to pounce.

        Without a moments hesitation, Momo turned around and scrambled over the desk. She ran around the room, not daring to look back as she heard the sound of desks and chairs being knocked over. She grabbed Mina’s hand and stepped over the man’s unconscious body as she darted out of the door.

        “What in the hell!” Momo yelled as she dragged Mina down the hallway.

        “I think they made her into...” Mina stopped, as if not believing what she was about to say. “A werewolf.”