That Sweet Scent

Midnight ~ ミドナイト ~ (discontinued)

        Mina leaned against the wall and watched Momo who was looking out the window. Momo’s eyes were intense, fixated on the club across the street for any sign of Sana or Tzuyu. Mina crossed her arms over her chest and leaned her head back, looking away from Momo and up at the ceiling.


        “What’s taking so long...” Momo questioned under her breath. She was growing apprehensive. She didn’t know how, but she could feel Sana nearby. She wish they could have had more time and equipment to prepare for this mission. The only thing they had time for was installing a GPS app on Tzuyu’s phone, just in case. There was no time for a wire or surveillance cameras. They were doing things the old-fashioned way, a good old stake-out – and Momo hated every second of it. She wanted to know what was going on within the walls of the club. Had Tzuyu made contact with Sana? Were they getting along? Was Tzuyu to become Sana’s latest target?


        Momo could feel her heart speed up at the thought. She couldn’t allow that to happen. She had told Tzuyu not to go anywhere with Sana unless it was out the front door. She needed eyes on the vampire.


        “It hasn’t even been that long,” Momo chimed in. She pushed herself off the wall and walked over to stand beside Momo at the window. She looked out across the street. She stiffened slightly as a dark-haired woman walked into the club. Yes, almost every woman who walked into the club had dark hair, but there was something about this girl. The way she moved, with such confidence and such a familiar gait.


        “Sana...” Momo exhaled, taking a step back from the window. Mina grabbed hold of the other girl’s arm.


        “Stay put. Don’t blow this. We can’t start a fight in a club,” Mina warned, “It’d be too dangerous. You don’t know how many of her lackeys are in there.”


        Momo bit down on her bottom lip and stepped back towards the window. She couldn’t stand just standing around and waiting for something to happen. She couldn’t help but feel like things were going to go south and very fast.

XXXXX


        “What do you say we get out of here?” Sana suggested after downing what had to be her sixth shot of vodka. Tzuyu had lost count long ago, she couldn’t keep up with the vampire. But she did know that two shots ago a second Sana had appeared – obviously it was just her vision messing with her, but it had been pretty frightening at the time. She was used to it now.


        “And go where?” Tzuyu asked. She cracked a smile and said, in quite slurred speech, “Your lair?”


        Sana’s lips twisted up in a smile, flashing her pointy white teeth.


        “Lair? What ever could you mean my dear?”


        Tzuyu gulped, realizing that she may have gone too far. All of a sudden she was feeling very sober. She jumped down from her bar stool and pulled down on the edges of her skirt, making sure she looked proper.


        “I think I’ll be heading home now. I-I… My friends are waiting for me,” Tzuyu said quickly, stumbling over the unfamiliar Korean words, mixing Chinese vocabulary into her sentence.


        “Friends? They wouldn’t happen to be across the street, would they?” Sana said, turning on the bar stool face Tzuyu. “Tell me… Are they looking for me?”


        “H-how? I mean… no. I have to leave,” Tzuyu said. She turned away from Sana and took out her phone, hoping she could get a hold of Momo before Sana could catch up to her outside. Just as she reached the glowing exit sign, she felt a tight grasp on her wrist. The icy fingers that wrapped around her skin froze her in her tracks. Shaking with fear, Tzuyu turned her head and through the curtain of her hair she could just make out Sana’s fair features.


        “Where do you think you’re going? We aren’t done here.”


        “B-but...”


        “B-b-b-but,” Sana mocked. She let out a low laugh. “Let’s go to the private room.” She pulled on Tzuyu’s wrist and led the girl through the crowd of sweating bodies and to the back of the club.


        Tzuyu glanced down at her phone and slid open the screen with a shaking thumb. She scrolled through her contacts until she got to Momo’s name. She quickly tapped at the screen, but just as she hit the call button a tipsy girl, unsteady on her feet, knocked into Tzuyu. Tzuyu watched in dismay as her phone fell onto the dirty dance floor, but there was no way for her to stop and pick it, not with the tight hold Sana had on her wrist.


        Tzuyu lost sight of her phone as Sana passed through a thick, black curtain. A chill ran through her body as they entered a room that felt as if it had the A/C on full blast. Sana turned and grabbed hold of Tzuyu’s shoulders and shoved her down onto a velvety red bench.


        “So you know what I am?” Sana asked, her gaze darkening as she glowered down at the Taiwanese girl. She watched as Tzuyu nodded, noted how she was shaking. A cruel grin spread across her lips. “It won’t be so bad… Your future. You’ll stay beautiful forever.” Sana stepped towards Tzuyu. “It will only hurt a bit.” She sat on Tzuyu’s lap, straddling the girl between her thighs. She pulled back Tzuyu’s thick mane of hair and brushed her nose against the girl’s warm neck. She breathed in the sweet scent, letting the aroma burn into her nostrils.


        “You smell just as beautiful as you look.”

 

-------

a/n: Bet you thought I forgot about this story! Well, I've been really busy lately but I managed to type up this quick little update.  Hopefully I will have some time to continue this story soon!  I won't make any promises this time, but I really will try to be better at this whole updating thing~