The day they caught each other's hands again

Phone Calls

2014. July.

"Alright, thank you, noona. Yes, I'm outside already." Minhyuk turned off his phone as he entered the parking lot, his eyes were searching for an available parking spot. 

It's a beautiful Sunday morning, and he was already dressed with a dapper white shirt and jeans, parking his car at her apartment's parking spot. Minhyuk decided to see her after he got her message on his mailbox last night. He couldn't call, because he was grinning until his cheeks hurt, and he didn't feel right, isn't it? They haven't talked for months and what best way to end this cold war then to see her in a beautiful morning like this. 

Minhyuk parked his car, looking at himself at the rearview mirror. You don't look bad, Kang Minhyuk, eventhough you'd look like a squid beside those good looking newbie idols, Minhyuk thought. 

He grabbed his bag and stepped outside. 

The elevator ride felt like forever and when the elevator dings and the door opened, he had to withstand his feet from running to her door. 

He ringed the doorbell once, and twice, and heard Jessica from inside. "Come in!" she unlocked the door and Minhyuk stepped inside. 

It was his first time in her apartment. Everything looked so.. girly, and fashionable. Fashion magazines were everywhere, and branded expensive shoes fille the shoe racks beside the door. 

"Hello!" Jessica greeted him. "She didn't know." 

Minhyuk grinned. It was supposed to be a surprise. He showed Jessica the flower bouquet he made "I made these for you."

"Is it for Soojung?" she asked, taking the bouquets from Minhyuk. 

"No, it's for this apartment."

"Thank you, Minhyuk, it's beautiful." Jessica smiled.

"Onnie! Are you ready to make some cookies?" came Soojung voice from her bedroom, then a door closing, and a footsteps. "Onnie, I think I have everything I need...."

She froze in the middle of the living room when she saw Minhyuk standing there. In her house. And Soojung this morning couldn't be more beautiful. 

"Hello." he greeted with a slight bow. 

"What the hell?" she unknowingly cursed. "Onnie?"

Jessica took a step to her little sister and handed her the bouquets. "I don't know, he just came. Put this inside a vase, will you?" 

 

"What are you doing here?"

Both of them were in her kitchen, she was busy preparing the ingredients to make some choco chip cookies for her F(x) onnies. He was leaning at the counter, watching her working. "I told you, I missed you."

"I've had enough of those missing you speeches." she muttered. 

"Aren't you sorry? I've got your message last night."

She almost dropped the eggs. "Well.."

"Well?"

"I do, I'm really sorry."

He took a step towards her, and looked down to her when they were face-to-face. "What the are you doing, Soojung?"

"I told you, I don't have an explanation." she said slowly. He was so tall, she realized. She had to look up when talking to him. 

"So you're just being annoying?"

She nodded. "You could say that."

"So we're not fighting anymore?" he asked.

"Maybe."

"Eyy, you're just so.." he took her arm and hugged her neck. "Annoying!"

"YA!" Soojung was half shock, flusterred, and...... happy? It was their first hug--off screen, that hug on Heirs didn't count-- and he caught her off guard. "I can't breath!"

"Annoying little princess!" he still got her in a headlock, shuffling her hair. 

"Let go!"

"Promise me you'll never do it again?"

"I promise! Now, Let go!"

He laughed, and she soon joined him. They were talking and laughing and he helped making those cookies, and Soojung felt a warm feeling in her whole body. The rest of 2014 will be great, she could feel it.