2015: The Space Between.

Phone Calls

2015. January. 

"You're crazy." Jungshin said from his place at the couch, snacking on some potato chips Minhyuk brought from Laos. "You just got back 3 hours ago and now you're packing for LA."

"Shut up if you're not going to help." Minhyuk said, dropping a few shirts to his suitcase, and ran to the bathroom to grab his toiletries. 

He just got back from Brave Family trip this morning, picked up by his manager who rushed him home because he only has 3 hours to pack and get some rest before catching his 19.50 flight to LA. 

"Are you sure?" Jungshin asked, still not getting up from the couch. 

"About what?"

"This trip. Don't you think it's a bad idea?"

"Why?"

Jungshin shrugged, and said. "I don't know, you're going to travel half the world just to see her and she's not even your girlfriend."

Minhyuk hated Jungshin and how he always said the most obvious things out loud. Especially the things he didn't want to hear. "I know."

"Well?"

"She's worth it."

"Why are you even going? She's not a baby anymore, she can take care of herself."

Because I miss her, Minhyuk said silently, and because someone might try to get her.

"Just.." Minhyuk couldn't continue, because he was done packing and was busy dialling his manager's number. 

"Minhyuk, please think about it." Jungshin said. 

"I don't have to." Minhyuk said, putting the phone to his ear and listened as it rang twice before his manager picked up. "Hyung? I'm ready."

"Crazy kid." Jungshin shook his head, getting up from his couch and patted Minhyuk shoulder. "Go get her." he said, grinning from ear to ear. 

 

"Hello?" it was 1 AM in LA and Soojung was ready for bed. She was just talking to her F(x) onnies via kakaotalk when he called. It's been weeks since he last called her. 

"Hey." came a very familiar voice, and Soojung instantly smiled. "Hey." she said. 

"So, I'm on my way to LA." 

"What?"

He laughed. "Yeah, I'm at the airport already. I'll board the plane in an hour." 

Soojung sat straighter, pressing her phone to her ear tighter so she could hear him clearer. "Are you kidding me?"

"Nope." he was sure. 

And she knew he's not kidding. 

"I guess, I'll see you in 12 hours?" 

"Y-yeah. I'll see you?"

"Soojung-ah," she thought he hanged up already. 

"Yes, oppa?"

"This is me, erasing the distance between us."

Soojung knew she would not be getting any sleep that night. Not until she saw him.