Jessica and Krystal

Phone Calls

2014. September.

Soojung was looking at her sister, wide eyed, mouth opened as if to say something. But she couldn't say anything. She couldn't even breath. Jessica was sitting in front of her at the bed, dressed in comfortable pajamas, hugging Soojung big teddy bear, swaying back and forth while mumbling, "Sorry... Sorry.. Sorry..."

Soojung wanted to cry, but apparently her tears had dried from the events last month. Sulli. And now her sister. Why does everyone kept on breaking her heart? Who's next? Minhyuk oppa?

Speaking of which, Soojung has been rejecting his calls because her sister needed to talk. 

"I can't.. I can't.. anymore.." Jessica cried. Soojung wanted to hug her, but she was to angry at her older sister. "I'm sorry.. so so sorry."

Jessica had told their parents and Soojung about her plan of quitting SNSD earlier in dinner. Apparently, she's been thinking about moving forward with her life. Starting over; with a brand new fashion label, new life, new boyfriend, new everything. 

"How could you?" Soojung hissed, and Jessica swore she never heard her little sister being so mad. "I'm so sorry, Soojung. You know this isn't about you."

"I know! But, onnie..." tears were streaming on her cheeks now, and Soojung gasped as she tried to inhale as much oxygen as she can. "Onnie..."

"Soojung, you know.. You know."

"I don't."

"It's been in the back of my mind for the last couple of months, Sooj. You knew about this, but you always said that it's wrong for me to go. But it's actually the right thing. I have to go, Sooj, I have to."

"Where? Where are you going?"

"Anywhere but here. I want to start over."

"And leaving me?"

"Soojung..."

"How could you?!" Soojung was yelling, now. "How could you?! You're my best friend, onnie. You and Sulli, both of you are the reason I'm in this job. But how could you??!!!"

"We've had a lot of plans ahead, onnie. We do! You and I. YOU AND I. I thought you were going to be the one comforting me after all these Sulli drama, but look what you've done!"

Soojung cried, and screamed, and in the end she held her head between her legs and cried some more. Soojung's chest hurt so much, and she wanted to puke because it feels like someone just punched her in the stomach. 

Jessica leaned and hugged her, Soojung refused, but Jessica was persistent and kept hugging her little sister. "Baby, I'm really.. really sorry.. Of all the people I knew in this industry, of all my beloved friends... I thought about you most, when I was going to make this decision. I don't want to hurt you, I really don't, but baby... I'm in pain, too. All these months, I've been in pain." Jessica cried. 

Soojung was silent. She couldn't do anything beside crying her eyes out. 

"Please let me go." Jessica said.

"Soojungie, please say something."

Soojung looked up to her sister, and Jessica's heart was breaking to see her red eyes and tears.

"I hate you." Soojung spat. She got up from her bed, took her jacket which was behind her door, and walked away. 

"Soojung!" Jessica ran after her. 

"Don't." Soojung's voice was stern. Like she was a headmaster and Jessica was a school bully who was just getting called to the office. "Don't. Follow. Me."

And with that, she went out of the apartment and slammed the door shut behind her. 

 

"Hello?"

"Minhyukkie?"

"Oh, noona. Is everything alright?"

Jessica wondered how Minhyuk was so on point everytime. "No."

"Okay."

"Minhyuk-ah, I did something... no, I told her.." Jessica was trying so hard to held her tears. "I'm sorry I didn't know who to call."

"It's okay, noona. Talk to me."

And Jessica told her about how she told her family about her plan of quitting SNSD, about the girls' reaction, about the director's reaction, and finally, about Soojung. How much she cried, how angry she was, and now Soojung wouldn't take her calls, and it was already 1 AM and Jessica was really worried. 

"She told me not to follow her, but I'm so worried." Jessica said. 

"I know, I'll go look for her."

"Thank you, Minhyuk-ah, thank you. I don't know how to pay you back."

"You don't have to, noona. You don't have to."