chapter 1

Pride and Prejudice and Baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife. - Jane Austen

 

In a few days the dance party is coming. Oh's family of Seocho come to a party at the villa Bundang-gu. Many guests among the upper classes who attend the housewarming party.

Kim Suho was good-looking and gentlemanlike; he had a pleasant countenance, and easy, unaffected manners. His sisters were fine women, with an air of decided fashion. His brother-in-law, Choi Minho, merely looked the gentleman; but his friend Park Chanyeol soon drew the attention of the room by his fine, tall person, handsome features, noble mien, and the report which was in general circulation within five minutes after his entrance, of his having ten thousand a year. The gentlemen pronounced him to be a fine figure of a man, the ladies declared he was much handsomer than Kim Suho, and he was looked at with great admiration for about half the evening, till his manners gave a disgust which turned the tide of his popularity; for he was discovered to be proud; to be above his company, and above being pleased; and not all his large estate in Gangnam could then save him from having a most forbidding, disagreeable countenance, and being unworthy to be compared with his friend.

Kim Suho had soon made himself acquainted with all the principal people in the room; he was lively and unreserved, danced every dance, was angry that the ball closed so early, and talked of giving one himself at Bundang-gu. Such amiable qualities must speak for themselves. What a contrast between him and his friend! Park Chanyeol danced only once with Kim Jinri, Choi Minho fiance and once with Kim Seolhyun, another Suho’s sister, declined being introduced to any other lady, and spent the rest of the evening in walking about the room, speaking occasionally to one of his own party. His character was decided. He was the proudest, most disagreeable man in the world, and everybody hoped that he would never come there again. Amongst the most violent against him was Mrs.Oh, whose dislike of his general behaviour was sharpened into particular resentment by his having slighted one of her daughters.

Yoon Bomi had been obliged, by the scarcity of gentlemen, to sit down for two dances; and during part of that time, Park Chanyeol had been standing near enough for her to hear a conversation between him and Kim Suho, who came from the dance for a few minutes, to press his friend to join it.

"Come, Chanyeol," he said, "You must dance. I hate to see you standing about by yourself in this stupid manner. You had much better dance."

"I certainly shall not. You know how I detest it, unless I am particularly acquainted with my partner. At such an assembly as this it would be insupportable. Your sisters are engaged, and there is no another woman in the room whom it wouldn’t be a punishment to me to stand up with. "

"I would not be so fastidious as you are," cried Kim Suho, "In the name of South Korea! Upon my honor, I never met with so many pleasant girls in my life as I have this evening; and there are several of them you see uncommonly pretty. "

"You are dancing with the only pretty girl in this party," said Park Chanyeol, looking at the eldest from Oh's Family, Park Chorong.

"Oh! She is the most beautiful creature I ever beheld! But there is one of her sisters sitting down just behind you, who is very pretty, and I dare say very agreeable. Do let me ask my partner to introduce you."

"Which do you mean?" and turning round he looked for a moment at Bomi, till catching her eye, he withdrew his own and coldly said: "She is tolerable, but not pretty enough to tempt me; I am in no humor at present to give consequence to young ladies who are slighted by other men. you had better return to your partner and enjoy her smiles, for you are wasting your time with me. "

Bomi who hear them instantly feel upset for being insulted right in front of her, she immediately got up from her seat and ran toward the exit and accidentally when she ran she bumped with waiter who carrying drinks till spill onto the floor and the glass broke. The music stops and all look up to her, especially Park Chanyeol.

Bomi and Chanyeol eyes met,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter