The Past of a New Relationship

The Fate Between the Rich and the Poor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Few Months Before

“It's your turn to choose, Tzuyu. Truth or dare?”  Chaeyoung asked.

“I choose truth.”

“Again? You've been choosing truth for a while now. Can't you choose dare to spice things up?” Dahyun begged with a hint of aegyo.

“I was thinking the same thing too. Choose dare please.” Chaeyoung begged along with Dahyun.

After facing at least a minute of their torturous aegyo, I finally agreed to choose dare.

“Yes! Okay, um… What should we make her do?” Chaeyoung asked Dahyun.

“Hm… Oh! I know. You know how Tzuyu is a player?” Chaeyoung nodded.

“I am not a player! Why do you always think that?”

“First off, you got asked out from one of the most popular girls in school, but you coldly rejected her. Then you get asked out by another girl, and you decided to date her. When the most popular girl asked you to date her again, you actually listened to her and ditched the girl you were dating. After a week of dating the girl that everyone thought you loved and just played hard to get with, you broke up with her saying that you were never interested in her. Is that a player or…?” Dahyun asked me.

“Okay, I admit that I looked like a player. But that doesn't make me an actual player. I seriously wasn't interested in her. I just felt bad for rejecting her, so I decided to date her for a few days. AND, the girl I was dating before her, she wasn't taking the dating thing seriously. Every time I try to go on a date with her, she just pushes it back or never shows up but, when we're at school, she hangs around me and never let's me go… I felt like I was being used for popularity. In all honesty, I don't even know what love is!” I answered truthfully, but I guess my friends weren't listening.

“Right. Um, anyways, the dare is basically getting the new transfer to fall in love with you within two weeks.” Dahyun announces nonchalantly.

“Make her fall in love with me? What if I don't?” I asked shocked.

“It's a dare~ If you don't do it, then a very terrifying punishment will await you.” Chaeyoung replied speaking in a spooky, mysterious voice.

“How am I supposed to make her fall in love with me?”

“That's up to you. You have a two weeks~” Dahyun teased.

 

Days had passed and I had not made a move on the new student, but I was able to observe her from afar. (A/N: Stalker Tzuyu alert)

Ever since she transferred to this school, she's been staying distant from all the other students. When she first transferred here, she looked like the type of student that would greet everyone and try to make them her friends, but unexpectedly, she introduced herself with a short introduction and quickly walked to her desk. Even at recess, she walked out of the classroom and was left unseen until class started again.

Approaching her would definitely be tricky.

That afternoon, I felt like giving up on trying to get that girl to date me. It was mission impossible. To brighten my mood, I went to a nearby convenient store to buy a refreshing dessert. I was about to text my friends telling them that I would rather get the punishment than doing the dare when a miracle occurred. My dare was standing in front of me with an open mouth of shock.

I was shocked as well. Too shocked to say anything.

Say something! Anything but something stupid!

“Are… Are you Nayeon?” I groaned in the inside for my stupidity.

Seriously, Tzuyu? Of course she is Nayeon! Why? Did you think she was just a really big bunny? But then again, she did look like one…

“Yeah…It's surprising to see you come to a place like this.” Nayeon said as she checked my ice cream out. “Two dollars, please.”

I handed her the two dollars and gave her a questioning look.

“Why is it such a surprise to see me here?”

“Don't you have like maids that do this for you or a butler?”

“I could ask them, but why would I do that when I can fully do that on my own? Also, I left all of my maids and butler at my home country, so I would ask them to come all the way to Korea just to get me an ice cream would I?” I smiled warmly.

She smiled back and I think my heart flew out of me. It fell back into me after she snapped me back into reality.

“I would like it if we could start fresh. I'm Im Nayeon.” She showed me her bunny like smile once again and I smiled again without noticing or forcing it.

“I'm Cho Tzuyu. It's nice meeting you here.”

 

From that point on, we met again from time to time. The second time we met was in the library.

I was able to see her from a mile away. I casually walked closer to her, making sure she wouldn't notice me.

She was organizing the shelves, taking out books that weren't supposed to be there and replacing them with books that were supposed to be there. As she worked her way through the shelf, I noticed how she pursed her lips inwards tightly forming a cute line.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter