14. B

The Fate Between the Rich and the Poor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Continuation to Route B of Chapter 13

 

“Welcome back, Tzuyu.” The teacher welcomed her as she entered the class. “Truthfully, I would have never thought that I would have to tell you that.” The teacher joked.

“I didn’t think so either.” Tzuyu replied as she sat down next to Sana.

Sana didn’t greet Tzuyu like she usually did. She didn’t even notice the taller girl sitting down making Tzuyu frown. Sana was too busy thinking about the past Friday.

“You’re back early…” Sana said as Tzuyu entered her room.

“Yeah… I got rejected by Nayeon.” Tzuyu chuckled bitterly.

“Oh…I’m sorr-”

“Why are you apologizing… I should be the one to apologize for leaving you here.“ There was awkward silence.

“If you want, I’ll try and help you.” Sana hinted making Tzuyu look up at her.

“R-really?” Tzuyu jumped up and engulfed her in a hug. “Thank you.”

Sana winced in pain as she tried to smile back at her. Tzuyu noticed and leaned away from the older girl.

“O-oh sorry. We should really get that tended.”

Sana nodded as Tzuyu left the room to get some ice packs. She returned shortly and placed the ice on her ankle.

“That should help it stop swelling. About you helping me…” Tzuyu mentioned.

“Is there something you have mind?” Sana asked absentmindedly.

“Can you pretend to be my girlfriend?” Sana looked up at Tzuyu with an open mouth.

“W-what?” Sana couldn’t believe it.

“Well, I noticed how Nayeon was acting up when we, you know…” Tzuyu rubbed the back of her neck and looked away from Sana who nodded quickly as she remember the falling incident. “Nayeon was acting jealous, and I'm sure of it.”

“So you want me to help you by acting like your girlfriend and get Nayeon jealous of me?” Sana replied incredulously.

“Yeah.” Tzuyu looked at Sana with pleading eyes. “Can you do it or is it too much?”

If I can get closer to her and make her happy, isn't this a win-win deal?

“Sure.” Tzuyu jumped off the bed and did a victory dance making Sana smile brightly. Tzuyu turned her head towards Sana after realizing that she was dancing a lot more than she needs to.

“Starting from today, you're mine.” Tzuyu placed her pinky finger out and Sana grabbed it naturally with her pinky. “You promised.”

Sana blushed deeply at the thought and hid her smile under her arms, not noticing Tzuyu even now. Tzuyu sighed at the older girl and placed her arm around her shoulders gaining the attention of Sana who looked over her shoulder and at Tzuyu. She gasps as Tzuyu rubs her head onto the side of her head.

“What were you thinking about?” Tzuyu asked as she grabbed her hand and made a circular movement with her fingers, soothing Sana.

“I-I was just thinking about the past weekend.” Sana answered without looking away from Tzuyu’s eyes.

“Is your ankle okay? It was really bad last Friday.”

“It’s getting better. I got crutches.” Sana spoke enthusiastically.

At this point, the two girls had gotten the attention of the whole class especially the girl with two big front teeth.

“Are you guys dating?!” Jihyo screamed with joy. “I knew this would happen!” She continued to fangirl causing the oldest to get annoyed.

“Stop fangirling, Jihyo.” Momo commanded as she stared at Nayeon who seemed to have steam coming out of her ears.

“I can’t! I’ve been waiting for this moment to happen ever since we changed seats!” Jihyo leans towards Sana and strangles her in a hug. “I knew you would be able to confess your-”

Sana laughed awkwardly as she placed her hand on top of Jihyo’s loud mouth. She eyed her and spoke in a tense voice,”W-what are you talking about Jihyo. Tzuyu and I are-”

“We’re going out.” Tzuyu cut in. Sana could only mentally slap her head.

“Wait seriously? Oh my god! Sana why didn’t you tell me? I could have thrown a party for you! When did-” Sana zoned out and felt like the world was zooming in on her.

For a second, Sana had thought that this was going in the wrong direction than what they had in plan until she had looked at Nayeon who had been gripping her seat tightly and glaring at her.

I-it’s working?

For some reason, Sana had felt something tug at her chest. She didn’t want Nayeon to give in this easily. If she did, Sana wouldn’t be able to get close to Tzuyu at all. She bit her lips in thought.

“Class is about to start so stop yapping at get your arses down in those seats!” The first period teacher yelled. Everyone scrambled to their seats and from that point on, Sana and Tzuyu were left alone… well that was what they thought. In fact, they were being pestered even more from their oh so wonderful vice president. Sana tried to keep her cool, but by the fifth minute, she blew up.

“I’ll tell you everything at lunch okay?” Sana whispered into Jihyo’s ear causing the other girl to grin from ear to ear.

“Deal!” Jihyo whispered in excitement.

However, that wasn’t all. Nayeon had been glaring at Sana whenever she had the chance. She would drop all sorts of things just so that she could turn around and stare at the two holding hands. There was also Momo who had been staring at Tzuyu with raised eyebrows from time to time. But there was someone else who had been staring at Sana specifically causing her to ponder. The newest transfer had been staring at Sana and when she had looked back at her, she hadn’t looked away or anything. She stared back as if she wanted to tell her something, and it bothered her. A lot.

By the end of class, everyone had ran off to anywhere other than the classroom. Sana wanted to approach the new girl and ask why she had been staring at her so intensely, but was taken by her curious friend and guided to the cafeteria. Nayeon had stormed out of the classroom with Momo following shortly after. Tzuyu on the other hand, stayed behind in the classroom to think about what she would have to do next. Would she have to wait? Was Nayeon going to even talk to her? At this point, Tzuyu had no idea what she would have to do to get Nayeon to return to her. Get her jealous, check. Get her love, not checked.

Love was complicated and it hurt Tzuyu’s head. She groaned and leaned back in her chair, closing her eyes as well. When she had opened them again, Mina had been standing in front of her.

“What do you want?” Tzuyu asked rather coldly.

“If you want to win her heart over again, it’s best if you be honest and straightforward.”

“Excuse me?” Tzuyu sat up.

“Stop being a coward. The reason why she left you in the first place was because you weren’t honest or brave. You couldn’t tell her the truth and you had no confidence to hold her back.” Tzuyu stood up and grabbed Mina’s collar.

“What do you know? I tried everything to get her back. I apologized. I begged. I even promised that I would love her again… But all I get in return is rejection.” Tzuyu spat.

“Maybe if you just show her that you love her, she’ll believe you again. Or even better, explain yourself. You didn’t exactly tell her why you acted that way did you? Or at least the truth behind it.” Tzuyu loosened her grip and looked away.

“How do you know all of this?”

“I don’t tattle tale on my sources.” Mina spoke as she took a step away from Tzuyu. “I gave you some tips and now you’ll give me some information in return.”

“I never asked-”

“Minatosaki Sana, your girlfriend. Am I right?” Tzuyu shook her head.

“She’s only pretending. I…” Tzuyu hesitated for some unknown reason. “I don’t love her like I do with Nayeon.”

Mina nodded in approval.

“You shouldn’t. If you did, that would be terrible. To imagine having you as a in-law is frightening…” Mina muttered.

“What?” Tzuyu hadn't heard what Mina had said.

“Nothing. Anyways, can you tell Sana to meet me after school in the cafeteria? It’s not really a request.” Mina turned and walked away leaving Tzuyu flabbergasted.

Show my love? Not checked.

~~~

“So~ What happened?” Jihyo asked as she helped Sana sit down.

“Nothing much…”

“What do you mean ‘nothing much’?! You’re dating Tzuyu! Your crush-”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter