A Hidden Secret

The Fate Between the Rich and the Poor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Here's your phone.” I handed the phone to her.

“Thanks…” Nayeon took it and looked through it. “You didn't try to hack into it did you?”

“Why would I want to do that?”

“I mean, you are a ert.” She hinted.

“A ert?!” I yelled gaining the attention of people walking through the streets.

“You bring me to your house and then you faint for no reason. Once you wake up, you start cornering me into the wall, and we were about to k-k-kis-”

“That! That wasn't a kiss. It was just a type of suspicion(?)…” I quickly answered.

I swear I remember seeing her from somewhere… But, truthfully I have no idea why I did that either…

“And then you slept next to me!”

“But that was on the floor and I purely, only slept next to you! What indecent thoughts are you thinking?”

“N-Nothing! I mean, you were the one that sent the wrong message!”

“I was just teasing you. Teasing is fun. You should try it sometimes.” I lean into her ear and whispered in a husky voice, “You might get a cute reaction as a bonus.”

Immediately the girl jumped back with a flustered face. I laughed.

“See what I mean?”

She ignored me.

 

Few Minutes Before

 

Why does she want to meet me? Did I bother her or something?

I sneaked a few glances at my seatmate who was too busy packing up. I grabbed my backpack and slung it over my shoulder. I waited for Nayeon to finish as well and followed her towards the convenience store. As she walked, I followed behind her trying to look at her face but she was covering it still. I also noticed how a lot of the students around us starting gossiping. I was used to it because of my father, but I wasn’t so sure about Nayeon and whether she was okay with this. However, seeing how she had not acted indifferently, I’m guessing she’s used to it as well.

Now that I’m thinking about it, Jihyo had never mentioned Nayeon in the yearbook or I had just not listened to her. But if she had said her name, I would have reacted like I did with Sana’s name since she is my seatmate and I was sort of curious about why she is so shy… Maybe she had just transferred to this school. It would explain why she has no seatmate and why she sits in the back…

My thoughts were interrupted by the sudden stop of the girl in front of me.

“We’re here.” I looked at the convenience store. There was currently a man inside placing snacks in the aisle. There was nobody else inside.

“Are we going to go in?” I asked and got no response. Instead, she turned around and finally showed me her face.

Those bunny teeth…

It took me a minute to realize who she was.

“Y-you’re that girl! Your name was Nayeon?” I yelled as I pointed a finger at her and took a step back. “But more importantly, you go to this school?”

“That's what I wanted to ask you. Did your father send you?” She asked.

“What do you mean by sent? My father did tell me to go to this school, but why does that even matter? Do you know him?”

“What? N-no. Of course not! H-how would I know him?” She stuttered.

“It seems like you do.”

“No I don’t!”

“Then why are you so flustered?”

“I just am!”

We awkwardly stood in front of the convenience store.

“Here’s your phone.”...

 

Present

    

    Nayeon had headed into the convenience store and I had followed her in like a puppy following its owner. She turned abruptly and slapped my face with her long hair. I had never noticed that she had bangs since it was always brought away from her forehead and behind her ear when I had met her, but now that I had seen her bangs plainly visible, she looked… younger. Heck, she could have been younger than me.

“Why are you following me?” She raised an eyebrow.

“I’m not following you.” I scoffed and looked around the store. “I was just going to buy some… snacks.” I walked over to the snack section where the man had been before. I sneaked a glance at Nayeon and saw her walking towards the cash register.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter