Absent

The Fate Between the Rich and the Poor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Chou Tzuyu… Chou Tzuyu?”

“She's absent.” Jihyo called out.

“That's weird. She's never been absent before.” The teacher scratched his head as he continued the attendance.

After Sana’s name was called, she looked at Tzuyu’s table.

I hope she's okay...

Sana decided not to worry too much about it.

On the other hand, Nayeon bit her lip and fidgeted with her fingers. She sat restless at the news of the student that had never been absent in her whole life. Momo raised an eyebrow and tapped her shoulder.

“Are you okay? You look like you need to take a piss…” Momo asked waiting for Nayeon to playfully hit her on the shoulders, but there was no motion of the sort.

“It's nothing…” Nayeon muttered, but it was obvious that something was bothering her.

Is she absent because of me?

By the end of the school day, Sana was almost itching to get out of her seat. She had told herself not to worry that much about it but her thoughts kept wandering back to those eyes.

“Jihyo! Can you give these to Tzuyu? It's homework. Since it's Friday, she'll have to hand it in on Monday.” The teacher handed it to her.

Jihyo sat back down and groaned.

“What's the matter?” Sana asked.

“Since today was Friday, I wanted to go shopping today…” Jihyo gave Sana her big puppy eyes. “Can you go to Tzuyu’s and give her her homework? Please?”

Sana agreed reluctantly and took the folder. Jihyo returned a hug.

“Explain the things she missed as well, and um… good luck.”

“Why do I need luck?” I asked as I tilted my head in curiousity.

“Heh heh… you know why…” Jihyo smirked evilly.

“Yah! I don’t-” Sana looked around her surroundings and back at her best friend. “I do not like her.”

“Right~”

“Yeah, I don’t-” The bell rang and Jihyo jumped out of her seat.

“Saved by the bell. See you next week.” She ran out of the classroom.

Sana watched as all the students stood up one by one to leave while she sat back in her seat looking at the address. The address was nearby her house, only by a few blocks away, and she had recognized that address. In fact, it surprised her.

At least I won’t get lost...

~~~

“What do you want?” I asked him. He just looked back at me with a smirk.

“You know what I want. You breaking up with Nayeon.”

“Like that's going to happen.”I turned to walk away when something fell on the floor next to me.

“What's this?” I picked up the envelope.

“Open it.” Inside the envelope were pictures of Nayeon working in a cafe as a part timer. Something that I had only known of.

“How did you get these pictures?” I angrily asked.

“I have my ways. If you don't stop dating her, the whole school will learn that Nayeon isn't part of class A-1 but in fact part of class F-1!” He threatened. “I guess those rumours about her transferring here because of support was true… She’ll probably be the target after these pictures spread-”

“Why are you doing this to me?” I asked not understanding why he would go through all of this just to make me break up with Nayeon.

“If you haven't recognized me yet, I'm Somi’s boyfriend.”

“Somi? You mean that popular girl that asked me out?”

“Yeah! Because of you, she isn't the same anymore. I was her best friend and encouraged her to go out with you. I thought you were a nice person, but instead you broke her heart. You need to learn what that feels like.” He smirked. “You have till the end of the day, and I need to be there for clarification.” He walked away.

I ripped the papers to shreds and threw them away too angry to do anything else.

I have no choice… Unless I can protect her, but I’m too weak… I can’t do anything...

“Nayeon… Let's meet up at the place where I had confessed to you after school, okay?”

Nayeon nodded without looking at me.

We silently walked up the stairs when the bell rang.

On the rooftop, I faced her.

“Nayeon… I need to tell you something…”

Nayeon didn't look at me.

“I… Let's breakup.” I announced.

Silence. It reminded me of when I had asked her out. At that time, I was able to take her as mine, but now, it was the exact opposite.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter