14. A

The Fate Between the Rich and the Poor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Continuation to Route A of chapter 13

Sana stared at her fingers, the bowl of porridge, and back at Tzuyu’s face. She did this ever since they had sat down and ordered. She had ordered one small bowl of porridge for her supposedly sick mother and placed it to the side of the table. Meanwhile, Tzuyu ate in silence looking only at her bowl and blowing softly at her spoon whenever she took a mouthful of porridge.

    This continued for a few minutes before Tzuyu looked up startling Sana from the sudden movement of the taller girl. Sana smiled back awkwardly at Tzuyu who continued to stare at her. Tzuyu, without much thought, pulled out a spoon from a box that was at the end of the table and handed it to Sana who hesitantly grabbed it with a questioning look.

“You can eat some of my porridge if you want.” Tzuyu muttered in a low voice only so that Sana could hear. Tzuyu had noticed Sana constantly staring at her porridge and then at her and thought that she wanted to eat some.

“No, it's okay… It's your meal.” Sana denied.

“I’m fine. You didn't even eat dinner yet did you?” Tzuyu pushed the bowl closer to the center of the table. “We should eat it together. Besides, I can't eat this all.” Sana gave Tzuyu an unsure look resulting in having Tzuyu to sigh.

She grabbed Sana's hand with her spoon and dipped it into the bowl, pulling out a spoonful of porridge. She then gripped her hand, making sure that the spoon wouldn't fall and adjusted her spoon directly in front of waiting for her to open it.

Sana stared at the spoon and Tzuyu’s hand on top of hers, frozen in place and unwilling to move.

Tzuyu, who was tired of holding the older girl’s hand, motioned the girl to open , but Sana gave no response once again.

“Say ahhhh.” Tzuyu waited for the girl to give some reaction.

Sana snapped back to reality after upon hearing Tzuyu speak, blushing at the beautiful girl in front of her. She eventually opened allowing Tzuyu to feed the girl.

Tzuyu let go of the girl's hand and smiled. That smile could have killed a million lives including Sana’s.

“See? It wasn't that hard.” Tzuyu continued to eat while Sana nodded and hesitantly joined her.

By the time they finished eating all of the porridge, it was dark out.

“Do you have a ride home?” Tzuyu asked Sana as they exited the building.

“No. Do you?”

“I was planning on riding a taxi.” Tzuyu replied as she waved her hands out in the streets. After a minute or so, a taxi driver had seen her and approached her. Tzuyu opened the door and motioned Sana to enter. Sana only returned her a confused look.

“You should come over to my place. After all, it’s dark out and you don’t have a ride back home. Your things are at my place as well.” Tzuyu persuaded and Sana agreed. She entered the car and sat close to the window leaving Tzuyu to have an enormous amount of space. Tzuyu ignored it and told her address to the taxi driver.

“How long will it take?” She asked.

“Well, it is a Friday so the streets are pretty crowded with cars and people… It should take about an hour.”

“An hour?” Tzuyu leaned back. An hour with Sana….

She turned to look at the girl who had been silent for the past few minutes. She hid her smile upon seeing the older girl doze off from time to time. Her eyelids were closing ever so slowly until it would abruptly open after having the taxi jump up from a bump in the road. After the taxi made its way to a stop due to a red light, she finally closed her eyes for good. Without notice, Tzuyu had been smiling like an idiot. The only one that seemed to notice that was the taxi driver himself.

“You should let her lean on your shoulder, you dumbo.” He spoke in a whisper as he looked at Tzuyu through the rear mirror.

“Me?” She pointed at herself.

“There’s no one else in this taxi is there?” He pointed out. “Take charge.”

He chuckled.

“You remind me of myself when I was your age. Ahh, the good old days when you could fall in love.” The old man thought back.

“Um… I think you’re making a mistake. I don’t-” Tzuyu started.

“I’m old, but I can sense love from a mile away.” The man laughed heartily. “Now do it. It’s a polite thing to do to the young lady.”

Tzuyu could only do what the old geyser wanted so that she could stop him from sprouting nonsense. She did not like Sana. Her love was for Nayeon only.

Tzuyu slid over towards Sana and gently placed her head towards her. She felt the girl’s head lean against her shoulder and made sure not to move, afraid that she would wake up as a result. However, as the car started again, Sana launched forward, forcing Tzuyu to grab her. Sana, surprisingly, was still sleeping soundly, so Tzuyu used this advantage to bring her back and let the sleeping girl lean against her once more. This time, however, Tzuyu had placed her arm around Sana’s shoulder so that she would not be able to escape and fall down like she had before. Because Tzuyu had wrapped her arm around Sana, Sana was now leaning in close with Tzuyu. Her head was almost at the crook of her neck and Tzuyu could smell a soothing fragrant going into her nose.

Before she knew it, she was falling asleep as well. The two of them leaned against each other and by the end of the ride, the driver was flustered and didn’t know what to do. He reached the conclusion of having to wake them up.

“Excuse me? We’ve arrived.” The driver turned and tried to nudge the older girl that was closer to him, awake.

She groggily opened her eyes and yawned.

“Hmm?” She looked at the man and her eyes widened. “Oh, sorry.” She turned to look at Tzuyu when she realized that she was closer to her than she had imagined. She blushed and tried to shake the sleeping girl. In return, she got the taller one to respond by rubbing her head into the side of Sana’s and grumbling about not wanting to wake up.

Sana turned into a deeper shade of red and looked away. Without looking at her, she nudged her more and said,”Tzuyu, you’re in a taxi… We need to get out.”

At the mention of a taxi, Tzuyu bolted up and looked at her.

“Oh, yeah. We were in a taxi…” Tzuyu paid the driver and if she hadn’t mistakened it, he had given her a wink. The both of them had left the taxi, thanking the driver for driving them for an hour. He waved it off and left the two of them alone.

The wind howled and the sky darkened even more until they were left with nothing to see but the shining stars.

Sana unconsciously brought herself into a hug as the two girls walked towards Tzuyu’s house. Tzuyu noticed the sudden action and stopped. Sana stopped as well and waited for her, paying no attention to the fact that she was now taking off her jacket.

“Here. Put this on.” Tzuyu said as she draped her jacket over Sana.

“No, it’s okay. You don’t need to be this polite.” Sana ushered the jacket off of herself and placed it b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter