15. A

The Fate Between the Rich and the Poor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I apologize for the long wait! I didn't even realize that three months or so had passed since I last updated this story... TT I had a writer's block and a lot of different things happened here and there so it took a while to just sit and write this chapter. Enjoy this chapter as well as a fresh new start of 2017! 

Recap for those who haven't read in a while:

“L-let’s just stay like this for a moment... “ Sana looked up at Tzuyu who never turned to look back at Sana. Sana could only wonder what was going through Tzuyu’s head.

Before Sana could ask, a loud piercing scream was heard through the pitch black sky.

Tzuyu looked up at the sky in alarm.

“Nayeon?”

~~~

“A… a car. We were chasing...car… hit her. “ Nayeon breathed out as she balled her fists into Momo’s jacket.

The sirens of a car was heard. Tzuyu grasped Nayeon’s shoulder tightly with reassurance.

“She’ll make it.” With that one statement Momo was taken away from Nayeon and transported to the hospital.

Nayeon wouldn’t sit down no matter how much times Sana or Tzuyu begged her to. She just couldn’t. They wouldn’t understand her anyways. They weren’t the reason why Momo was like this. They didn’t chase her into the streets. They didn’t freeze when Momo needed her. It was all her fault that this happened. By the time the doctor told them that they could meet Momo, it was midnight. Sana and Tzuyu had fallen asleep next to each other and normally, she would have tried to break the two apart from each other since she was jealousy driven, but she was too busy focusing on what she would have to say when Momo woke up.

She drifted over to Momo’s room and sat down next to her, gripping onto her lifeless hand. Tears fell as she saw how pale Momo was. Why had it turned out this way for her? Everyone she knew was either going away from her or getting hurt. Her father left her when she was born, afraid of the responsibility, her mother died in a car accident, Tzuyu played with her heart, and now Momo. Ironically, both of her loved ones were part of an accident.

The door slid open shortly after, but Nayeon ignored it thinking that it was a nurse. She continued to hold onto the lifeless girl as she closed her eyes praying for her wake. Suddenly, a strong grip was holding onto her shoulders making her look up.

“What do you want?” Nayeon did not mean to sound impolite, but she was not in the mood to talk right now, especially to someone she did not know.

“I am Momo’s father… we’ve met before now haven’t we?” The man smiled as Nayeon looked up at him and moved back away in remembrance of their first meeting.

“I was hoping that we were not to meet again.” Nayeon replied coldly and stood far apart from the man.

“But fate does not want that. Besides, we have much to talk about. We can start with how you came in touch with my daughter and how she knows of our relationship.”

“Almost everyone knows about our relationship thanks to those rumours.” Nayeon spat.

“Well, I’m sorry to hear… But those rumours are not entirely “rumours” are they?”

Nayeon glared at the man as she gripped her hands until they lost their color. The memories of that day still remained in her head.

 

Nayeon looked down at the letter that had been sent to her name. She had read it multiple times before coming to the tall building. She wasn’t sure if it was a mistake or some sort of mailing error. The letter had come from the biggest company out there and one of the most wealthiest CEO sent her this letter, personally.

She entered the lobby and was brought up to a room upstairs. She waited patiently for one hour before being allowed to enter the office. Once inside, she was met with the man that had called her here, CEO Hirai.

“Welcome. Have a seat.” Nayeon did as she was told and sat down on the couch across from the man.

“I have a few things to discuss with you and I will warn you, it is about your future and past.” Nayeon was not sure whether he was talking about the right person. There was no way the CEO was talking about her… right?

“Excuse me, sir. But I think you got the wrong person.”

“You are Im Nayeon, right?” Nayeon nodded. “Then there is no mistake. You look just like your mother, you know.” Nayeon’s eyes widened. No one talked about her mother ever since she had passed away during an accident. No one told her about the accident and it had faded from her memories through the past years.

“You knew my mother?” Nayeon was now interested.

“Yes. She was my wife’s best friend. Lovely companion she was.” The man looked far fetched and seemed to be thinking about the past. “Enough about your mother. Let’s talk about you now. Do you have any high schools in mind? You’re going to go to high school in a few years, you know. It’s best to think early than late.”

“No… but may I ask why?”

“I was planning to pay the tuition if you were planning to go to a private school of some sort. I can even pay for your college if you planned that far ahead in your life.” The man chuckled, but Nayeon was speechless. A man she never met in her life is telling her that he is willing to pay for her education.

“Why are you doing this for me? There must be some motive.” Nayeon frowned at the man. He was a businessman so it would be possible that this was all some sort of deal.

“Like I said, I was close to your mother… and I feel, as your mother’s friend, that you should live a good life. You went through so many unfortunate things at a young age and it hurts me to see that you are struggling-”

“I am not struggling. In fact, I am fine. I don’t need this random act of kindness because of your pity.” Nayeon stood up and walked to the door. “I will excuse myself-”

“As soon as you were born, your father left your family due to lack of responsibility. Your mother worked hard to give you food, clothes, and shelter. My wife got into contact with your mother and gave her a job. Of course she could have just given your mother the money, but your mother declined like you are now.” Nayeon gripped the door knob.

“What’s your point.”

“In the end, your mother died working. If she had just accepted the money and left, she wouldn’t have-”

“Sir, I don’t care whether you are a CEO or not, but you just crossed the line. My mother did what was right. Working for the money might need effort, but it is what you are suppose to do to earn it. Nothing is free and as a businessman, you should know that.”

“Yes, you are right. I do know that more than anything…”

“If you have nothing more to-”

“After your mother died, you were alone with no one else but your uncle to take care of you. You were fine with that idea since the uncle you knew loved you and cared about you. However, your uncle changed drastically after his sister’s death. He hated you and believed that you were the cause of his sister’s death.” Nayeon bit back her lips at the memory of her uncle leaving her alone. “He thought that if you weren’t born, her husband wouldn’t have left her and she would still be alive, so he blamed your existence. He sold you off for two hundred dollars to thes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter