15. B

The Fate Between the Rich and the Poor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Recap of the previous chapter:

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean for our relationship to turn out that way… are we okay now?” Tzuyu asked.

Nayeon nodded.

“We’re back together.” Tzuyu spoke relieved and couldn’t believe that it could work so easily.

~~~

“Your mother is marrying a famous CEO soon. Am I right?”

“Yeah, but why?” Sana wasn’t sure where this conversation was leading.

“Well, there is something you need to know. Momo…” Sana nodded slowly. “S-she’s your stepsister.”

Sana was unsure of how to react. The girl that had saved her and was the new transfer student, was her soon to be sister? That was like a dream come true. She had always wanted a sister and now that it was Momo, she anticipated it even more. Sana remembered how Momo had protected her from the drunk man and sent him away when she was in danger.

I’ll finally have a sister… someone to protect me.

“But there’s something else I want to tell you. You see Sana, Momo doesn’t-” Mina was cut short by heavy breathing and someone yelling Sana’s name.

The two turned around and faced the panting girl that looked like she had ran a mile before getting here.

“Jihyo? What happened?” Sana reached down to pull the girl up. The girl leaned on Sana’s arm as she took a deep breath and exhaled.

“T-Tzuyu… She’s-” Jihyo took another breath. “Her and…. Nayeon… and…” Jihyo, giving up on talking, pushed her two hands together and pressed her fingertips against each other violently in a kissing motion.

“Tzuyu and Nayeon a-are kissing?!” Sana exclaimed as Jihyo nodded vigorously. Jihyo grabbed Sana’s hand and led her away. Mina on the other hand stayed back and watched the two girls run.

“Seems like Tzuyu listened to my tip… If only I can do the same.” Mina noticed Momo sauntering down the sidewalk and ran up to her.

“Hey, Mina.” Momo mumbled and placed her head on Mina’s shoulder as they walked.

“You still depressed?” Mina ran her fingers down Momo’s hair. Momo nodded, making a pout causing Mina to fangirl in the inside.

How can she be so cute without trying?

“I have an idea that’ll make you happier.” Mina announced as she grabbed Momo’s hands. The girl tilted her head to the side and made an blank face.

“Jokbal!” Immediately the girl’s face lit up.

“Let’s go~!” Momo ran forward looking back at Mina who was taking all the time in the world to catch up to her. Momo sighed and wrapped her fingers around the younger girl’s hand and pulled her to the nearest jokbal restaurant, oblivious to the girl’s heated face.

~~~

“Where are you taking me, Jihyo?” Sana asked as Jihyo slowed to a stop in front of a convenience store.

“To Tzuyu, so that you could confess. Might as well say it and get her to at least notice your feelings. Doesn’t it annoy you that she doesn’t even have a clue about your feelings?” Jihyo was about to push open the door when a hand stopped her.

“Jihyo…. I know you’re concerned about me, but confessing right now won’t help.” Jihyo turned to look at Sana.

“Sana, you’re cute, clumsy, funny, and smart. Who would hesitate to take a beautiful gem like you? Once she realizes that you feel that way towards her, she might think about it. Why are you so afraid?”

“It’s because… because she doesn’t like me. No, she won’t like me. She just can’t. Not if she loves her like that. She wouldn’t blink twice before risking her life for hers.”

“And how do you know that?” Jihyo placed her arms in front of her chest and tapped her foot.

“I can tell from the way she looks at her… It’s just best to leave them be.” Sana replied, looking away.

“Where did that confident Sana go? I really wish she would come back and take away this miserable side of Sana.” Jihyo sighed and walked away from the store. “If you won’t take chances, I won’t either. I tried Sana…” Jihyo left her, depressed that Sana was changing because of this one girl that didn’t even notice her feelings.

Sana took a shaky breath and leaned against the cool wall. She slid down and all of the overwhelming feelings took control of her body. She cried like there was no tomorrow. She truly was pathetic.

~~~

Tzuyu couldn’t really process the fact that Nayeon had accepted her confession. It had felt like a million years since they had broken up and now that they were actually back together, it was a weird sensation. Tzuyu had to ask Nayeon over and over again, whether this was a dream or not.

“It’s not, silly. Now stop asking me or else it’ll really be just a dream.” Tzuyu immediately stopped asking and smiled.

“I missed your threats,” Nayeon laughed.

“I missed you too.” Tzuyu smiled at the remark and quickly pecked the side of the older girl’s cheek. Nayeon’s eyes widened as well as . She lightly slapped her shoulder with a tint blush forming on her cheek.

“You know,” Tzuyu started gaining the older’s attention. “I really missed you.”

“I know, Tzuyu. You told me only a few minutes ago.” Nayeon placed her hand on top of her head and patted.

“It’s just… I never thought you would come back to me.” Tzuyu pouted.

“I didn’t think so either, but a friend of mine persuaded me to grab onto you again.” Nayeon thought back to Momo and beamed.

“I should really thank that person. Who was it?” Tzuyu asked.

“I won’t tell~” Nayeon teased.

“Okay, I won’t push you. But can you at least tell that person that I was thankful?” Tzuyu asked with puppy eyes.

“Of course.” Nayeon smiled and noticed two figures standing outside of the store.

“Isn’t that Sana and Jihyo?” Nayeon’s voice elevated.

“Yeah, but why-” Before Tzuyu could finish, Nayeon hid behind the counter.

Tzuyu raised an eyebrow and walked behind her.

“Why are you crouching?” Tzuyu whispered making Nayeon jump.

“I’m hiding!” Nayeon hissed back.

“Why?!”

“Because, no one can know for a fact that I’m working here. The only ones that know that I work here are Momo and you. There are only rumours about me working but if someone from school realizes that I work here, bad things will happen and I think you know better than anyone, what I mean.” Nayeon gave her a stern look of desperation.

“Ok,” Tzuyu looked at the two girls outside talking. “I’ll get them to move.”

Tzuyu walked over to the door and opened it slightly before hearing something she did not mean to hear.

“Sana, you’re cute, clumsy, funny, and smart. Who would hesitate to take a beautiful gem like you? Once she realizes that you feel that way towards her, she might think about it. Why are you so afraid?”

“It’s because… because she doesn’t like me. No, she won’t like me. She just can’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter