13. A

The Fate Between the Rich and the Poor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I have an important business to attend to… so excuse me for a second. You can look around while I'm upstairs.” Tzuyu walked upstairs very swiftly, leaving me in the large living room. Alone. Again like it had been before when she had left to meet someone at lunch. I thought back to that day.

“I’m going to go meet a teacher, so wait here for me. It’ll be quick.” Tzuyu told me as I sat down on the cold seat in the cafeteria.

I was alone with nobody to talk to. It had always been like that even before meeting Tzuyu. Everyone left me after hearing the “rumour” and I understood because I would have left myself if I were them as well. The only thing that would have stopped me if I were them would have been the truth behind that rumour.

I had been transferred to this school out of force and I had never imagined being in a school full of rich kids. It would have been a dream come true for some, but it was a nightmare for me. I just wanted a normal life with the friends I had before I had come here. But then again, it made me wonder if they were actual friends if they didn’t contact for this long. They probably found out about that rumour as well. I tried to not get that much attention when I transferred, but it was useless, so I acted cold and quiet. It worked for a few days until Tzuyu approached me. She was the only exception.

I stayed put in the cafeteria eating my lunch and waiting for Tzuyu’s quick return. However, she didn’t come back. Instead, a group of girls did. I heard their feet skid across the floor and stop in front of me. I looked at them with a questioning look and realized that they were looking at me with disgust.

“Did Tzuyu finally break up with you?” One girl asked. “It was about time she found out about your true self.”

“What are you trying to say?” I replied with a sharp glare which had made the girl who had spoken flinch.

“Everyone knows that you’re not supposed to be in the class A-1. You got in by blackmailing a CEO for money. You were desperate weren’t you, you little .” Another girl in the group spoke without fear.

I was at a loss of words.

“Excuse me?” I spoke with clear anger in my voice.

“M-my boyfriend saw you working as a part-timer.” The girl spoke. “I thought something was off about you… I’ve never heard of you which was weird since I know almost everyone.” The girl spoke with a hint of wavering confidence.

“Oh, I see. So you’re boyfriend saw me working.” I laughed causing the girls to be the confused ones now. “Are you saying that I can’t work if I wanted to? Being rich doesn’t mean you can’t work once in awhile, right? Unlike you, I enjoy earning some of my own money instead of taking my parent’s.” I stood up and walked off proudly, hoping that they would not see the fake armor I was wearing.

As I walked through the cafeteria, I noticed Chaeyoung and Dahyun sitting in the far distance eating their lunch. I approached them slowly.

“I miss eating with Tzuyu…” Chaeyoung spoke as she glumly took a bite out of her bagale.

“At least she’s happy. I mean have you seen her? She looks like she can fly out of this universe when she’s with Nayeon.”

“I know… but if you think about it, Tzuyu should be thanking us. We were the ones to set her up with her.” Chaeyoung pointed out causing Nayeon to stop.

“I guess. Tzuyu really took that bet seriously.” Dahyun giggled at the thought. “Do you remember what her face looked like when we told her to get Nayeon to fall in love her in two weeks? She looked like she would have used her Yoda powers to murder us.”

Chaeyoung laughed as well.

“Yeah, I remember. What was the punishment though?” Dahyun asked.

“Well, truthfully there was no punishment.” Chaeyoung answered honestly. “I just wanted to see if Tzuyu had the guts to do it. Seems like she did.” Dahyun gave Chaeyoung a slight push.

“That’s so evil of you, but it was totally worth it.” Dahyun wiped away a tear that had formed from her excessive laughter. Chaeyoung laughed with her until she saw the face of someone familiar.

Dahyun, who had not yet noticed the figure, continued, “Well, Tzuyu must be enjoying her time with her. Let’s hope Tzuyu doesn’t break up with her like she did with Somi.” Chaeyoung hinted at Dahyun with her eyes, but Dahyun didn’t seem to get it.

“What? Is there something on my face?” Chaeyoung shook her head and pointed behind her, giving up on trying to hint on the danger that was coming up ahead.

Dahyun finally turned around and saw Nayeon, tapping her foot on the floor with a poker face. She jumped up and gulped.

“N-Nayeon unnie, what are you doing here? W-where’s Tzuyu?”

“She went to meet a teacher… Would you mind explaining me what that ‘bet’ was to me?” Dahyun turned to Chaeyoung and Chaeyoung only shook her head in refusal.

“I-I can’t. Sorry! You’ll have to ask Tzuyu yourself!” The two of them had disappeared into the crowds of people walking in the cafeteria. Nayeon frowned and sighed. All that was left for her was to wait and believe in Tzuyu...

~~~

I woke up from my bed and looked at the clock. It read four fifty two in the afternoon, and it had appeared that I had missed school. I tried to sit up but an immense pain struck the back of my head. I shook it off quickly and tried to sit back up again.

I stumbled over to the bathroom with a blurry vision and washed my face. My head immediately felt more better than before.

I then walked back to my room and realized that someone had been here. My jacket was now hanging on a rack and there was a small wet towel on my desk. I was now wearing a new pair of pants and clean shirt.

Someone changed my clothes for me...

I walked downstairs and looked into the rooms and found nobody.

That's weird…

I headed into the living room and heard someone softly breathing on the couch. I cautiously walked over to the sound and peeked over the couch.

Oh, it's just Sana...Wait what?!

I retreated quickly and panicked.

What's she doing here? Did she take care of me?

I looked at her peacefully sleeping and walked in front of her. I bend down to get into eye level with her and stared at her, studying her facial features. I had never gotten to look at her face so close up. Now that we were now seatmates, I had been able to get a glimpse at her face, but not as well as now. From that point on I had realized that she was not just a strict president of the student council, but a warm, clumsy person as well.

I nudged the girl awake and found her warm hazel eyes staring back at me. She yelped and fell of the couch. I laughed at the funny sight in front of me.

“Y-you’re okay… How do you feel now?” She asked as she pushed herself up, off the ground.

“Much better than you are now.” I chuckled as she accidentally slipped again and fell on her . “How did you get in?”

“Oh! Um… the door was open so I just, checked inside… “ She abruptly got down to her knees in front of me and placed her hands together in front of her closed eyes. “Please forgive me. I know I did wrong to intrude, but I was worried and I thought that you were really sick to have not come to school.” She spoke as if she was rapping.

I stared at her silently in thought.

“I'll do anything, so please! Forgive me!” She pleaded more.

I nodded and waved my hand at her to get up from her begging. “It's okay. I'm not angry. Truthfully, if you hadn't been here, I could have gotten in a worse condition.”

The doorbell rang. Twice. (A/N: Heh… Twice XD)

I ushered the girl to go upstairs so that if it was someone I knew, I wouldn't have to give them the wrong idea.

It would have gone smoothly, but we were both panicking. She was running upstairs tripping at least three times, while I had realized that she had left evidence. I got her shoes from the doorway and her backpack that was littered on the floor. I caught up with her upstairs and gave her her possessions as I ran back down to open the door. And to my surprise, there was someone I would have never thought to be here, again. Ever.

“Nayeon? What are you doing here?” I asked as I brushed my hair away from my face with my hands.

“I was just passing by… and I was wondering if you were okay.”

“Passing by? Don't you have to take a bus to get here?” I remembered.

“I-I was going to a nearby store, okay?” She replied.

“Oh… Want to come in?” I mentally cursed at myself for doing that.

I know you really like her, but you have a visitor, Tz

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter