The Second Fate

The Fate Between the Rich and the Poor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you ready for the dinner appointment this evening?” Butler Myoui asked Momo.

“Yeah, I'm ready… but don't you think I should just maybe… not go?” She asked uncertain.

“Momo!”

“Ok, sorry. I know. It's a bad idea but, I mean, why not?” Momo stated annoyed.

“I know you don't like your father's decision right now, but you need to understand that he finally got over his depression over your mother’s death by doing this.” She stated logically.

“But that’s the thing! I can't understand! Him marrying another woman is going to cause him to forget about mom...and me.”

She looked at Momo and gradually started laughing.

Momo...she's just too cute.

“Why are you laughing?” Momo asked angrily.

“Momo, are by any chance...jealous?”

“Of who?”

“The woman that your father is marrying.”

“What? Why would I?” Momo replied, incredulous at the idea.

“Well, you have been trying to get your father's attention since you were younger, but never succeeded because he was too busy. And then there is your step mother, who got his attention and is now marrying your father.”

“Don't call her my step mother. I haven't even met her.” Momo snapped.

“You will eventually.” Butler Myoui stated unable to hide her smile.

“Why did my mom even adopt you?” Momo asked teasingly.

“Because I was so irresistible.” They both laughed.

“True. Come on, let's go to Mingyu’s.” They entered the car and drove over towards the restaurant. Butler Myoui’s thoughts, however drifted away back to when she first met Momo...

 

“Are you ready to meet your new family?” The matron asked.

She nodded with a shy smile. She was excited to meet her new family, but also anxious. She had never met anyone else other than her orphan mates and the matron. Her entire life was inside her orphan, ever since her parents abandoned her when she was very young.

The matron took Mina by the shoulders and pulled her in for a hug. After she pulled away, she wiped away a tear not wanting to show this side of her, and looked at Mina who, unlike the matron, couldn't hide her tears falling down her cheeks like a waterfall.

“Off you go now. She's waiting outside.” The matron stated.

She walked towards the door, and reached for the door knob, hesitantly. She eventually opened the door, leading her to a tall, slender woman. She was dressed in a nice manner and had a bright smile that could fill her up with energy.

“Hi. My name is Hirai Aoi. I'm your new mother.” Her new mother stated with a smile.

“He-hello...My name is Myoui Mina.” She stated, wanting to go hide behind her Matron that was still inside.

“Let's go meet your new family, okay?” The taller woman took her hand and she followed her into the car.

~~~

“We're here.” They exited the car and was welcomed with a large mansion.

“Woah…” Mina couldn't hide her excitement.

“Follow me, and let's hope you won't get lost.” Her new mother walked in front of her and opened the doors.

The first thing she saw was the big, glowing chandelier in the center of what seemed like a lavish living room. It was filled with ornate furniture, and seemed to glow with all of the shiny objects in the room.

Her new mother suddenly laughed, making her realize that she had open. As she closed , she was brought to another room.

“You can sit over there. I have someone I want you to meet.” Her new mother gestured her over to a couch that was to the side of a table. “Here she comes.”

She gazed over towards the door that opened up to reveal a blonde haired girl that seemed to  resemble her new mother.

“She’s your new sister, Momo. She’s older than you by a year.” Her mother beamed with glee, while on the other hand, the blondie glowed with anger.

“Mom! What did I say! I don’t want a sister!” the girl fumed.

“Sweet heart, didn’t you say that you were lonely?” Her mother asked genially.

“I wanted a friend, not a sister.” The girl pouted.

Before her mother could reply, Mina stood up and walked over to Momo. She took her hand and shook it.

“Nice meeting you. My name is Mina.” She stated nonchalantly. She truthfully wanted to hide behind the couch and cry rivers upon rivers due to the fact that she was already rejected by her future sister. However, her body

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter