13. B

The Fate Between the Rich and the Poor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Nayeon.”

  “Tzuyu.”

The both of them had called each other out.

“You can go first.” Tzuyu gestured and Nayeon inclined.

“I… I just wanted to tell you... sorry.” Nayeon started as she fiddled with her fingers. “I didn’t mean to slap you that day, and I was being harsh on you. I was just overwhelmed and I couldn’t believe that you were asking us to be… together.” Nayeon spoke honestly.

“You don’t need to apologize… I deserved that. I think I was just desperate for-” A loud sound was heard from the second floor causing the both of them to look up at the sound.

“What was that?” Nayeon asked.

“It’s probably-” Tzuyu thought about Sana being up there. “N-nothing. It’s nothing.”

Nayeon gave Tzuyu a look.

“You haven’t changed Tzuyu.” Nayeon spoke gently with a smile. I lifted an eyebrow in return.

“You’re still really bad at lying.” Nayeon laughed. For the first time in months, Nayeon was actually talking to Tzuyu with a smile on her face, and Tzuyu liked that idea.

“Yeah. Old habits die hard.” Tzuyu smiled back.

“So, what made that noise?” Nayeon asked again.

“You didn’t change either.” Tzuyu replied. “You’re still as stubborn as a mule.”

“Well at least I can lie.” Nayeon teased making Tzuyu pout.

“I can lie if I wanted to! I’m just not good at it.” She felt Nayeon ruffle her hair and smiled again.

“I know…” They stayed like that for a minute until they had noticed what they were doing. Nayeon backed away and so did Tzuyu as if it was a reflex.

“I- I should get going… I need to go back to the school anyways.” Nayeon spoke coldly once more making Tzuyu wonder if she had just imagined the whole thing.

“I’ll go with you.” Tzuyu volunteered but Nayeon shook her head.

“It’s fine.”

“No, it’s not. It’s too dangerous for you to go on your own. I’m going with you and that’s final.” Tzuyu spoke with determine. “Wait here while I go get my jacket.” She bolted up the stairs and walked into her room only to see Sana on the floor holding onto her leg in pain.

“What happened?” Tzuyu asked as she walked closer. Sana looked at Tzuyu and sighed.

“I was being clumsy again and tripped over the rug. I think I sprained my ankle.”

“Here, let me see.” Tzuyu placed her hand on her ankle very lightly. Even so, Sana winced in pain. Tzuyu thought about Nayeon waiting downstairs.

What should I do?

“Is Nayeon waiting for you downstairs?” Sana asked suddenly.

“Yeah… I wanted to walk her back. But I think that can wait.” Tzuyu stood up looking down at the girl in pain.

“I’ll take you to the hospital. Just give me a second.” Tzuyu was about to run back downstairs but a hand stopped her. She glanced back at Sana who was staring at her with a calm expression, a contrast from her face a few minutes ago when she was wincing in pain.

“It’s fine… I’ll just wait here. You should go back to Nayeon.” Sana let go of my wrist.

“But aren’t you in pai-”

“You... You love her, don’t you?” Sana replied without looking at her. Tzuyu could only gape at her.

“H-how?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter