Chapter 6

Forget Everything

The next day was at Seunghyun oppa’s solo song MV set. It was a huge set in a abandon factory. They had set up the main prop which was a massive ice cream with a star on top of it. Your team was in charge of settling the rest of the small props that decorated the area. It was a busy day as usual as your team reached the venue earlier than usual and began to get ready.

Suddenly there was hustling from the entrance. You spun around and saw Seunghyun oppa walking in, shouting good morning in a loud, cheerful voice. You smiled. It was nice to see him smiling brightly. He caught your eye and immediately wink and flash a bright smile. You returned the smile as he came closer to pull you into a friendly hug.

“Reach home safely????? What did you both do huh???? Jiyong reached the dormitory so late yesterday” He said smiling as he leans closer to your face.

You remembered what had happened yesterday. You both were standing at the door when he suddenly turned to you and confessed that he liked you. You were shocked so you stood there for a while staring at him. As you managed to regain your composure, you managed to whisper a “me too”. His eyes lit up and as he leans closer, you pushed him away and said that it was late. “Tomorrow” you said sneakily before disappearing into the safe house.

But as you began to register what Seunghyun oppa had said, you looked at him with a puzzled look on your face. Sure it was late when he sent you home. But that was also the same time that Seunghyun oppa would have reached back. Why did he said that? “What time did he reached home?”

“Oh COME ON. STOP faking it already. URGH” he rolled his eyes and began to walk away, pretending that he was annoyed by you.

You shrugged. You your phone. No new messages. You decided he was probably too tired. Well he didn’t had to report to you anything either. Besides you both were friends. With that, you turned and went back to work.

The day passes quickly, with Seunghyun oppa acting like a pro. At one poi, you were even roped in to act, playing hide and seek with him around the ice cream cone. It was a bizarre experience, but well, the actress fell sick and couldn’t make it and the director thought that you were a good fit.

Halfway through the day, you took out your phone again. No new messages. Sighing, you stuff your phone back into your bag. You guessed perhaps you were right. You both are really just friends.

“So…. Tonight you going for dinner with Jiyong? Or are you having dinner with the teams?” Amy asked quietly. Careful not to let other staffs hear you. Not like they couldn’t already guessed what is happening.

“Dinner with the team!” you replied quickly while smiling at Amy. 

“YES!!!!” She shouted. “FINALLY WOOO”, she ran around the set before coming back to pull me into an embrace.

“What’s happening?” Seunghyun oppa asks inquisitively.

Amy suddenly became really shy “uh. She agree to come for dinner”, she replied politely. 

“Oh. Then I have to come too” he replied. But this time with a slight frown on his face. “Jiyong?” He mouthed his name to you. And you shrugged, putting up both hands. He smiled reassuring at you. “He’s busy probably” and you nodded your head in response.

The ride to the restaurant you had a funny feeling. You stared at your phone debating if you should text him first. You decided not to. Although many things have happened since that day you met, you both were still just friends, you thought.

Interestingly, Seunghyun oppa insisted to sit on the table with you and the logistic team. Everyone seems to know each other very well and many jokes were shared. Suddenly Seunghyun oppa received a call. He excused himself from the table and stood a distance behind. He had a frown on his face and his eyes was staring right at me. You felt anxiety built up from your stomach. You looked at him worriedly as he came back to the table.

“There is an emergency. So sorry. But I have to leave first” he bowed and started making his way out. Confused, you stared at him as he walked out. Just behind disappearing behind the door, he signaled you to look at your phone.

“COME. TO THE CAR HOW. EMERGENCY - TOP” the message reads. Immediately you stood up, said your apologies and rushed out of the restaurant. You opened the car door and he quickly pulled you inside. 

 "hurry we gotta go now"

“What’s happening???”

“Jiyong. It seems something happened. We are going to his house now.”

“Wh…what? What happened?” You asked him anxiously, your voice breaking.

“I am not too sure, Yongbae just asked to come quickly. He said to bring you if possible”

You sighed. Looking down out of the window, you felt extremely nervous. People who got close to you always got hurt in one way or another. You seems to be the one who is jinx. Maybe this was my fault. I knew I shouldn’t have let myself be close.

“Hey, are you thinking of something weird again?” Seunghyun oppa looked down and tilted my head to look at him in the eye. “Don’t you dare think of blaming yourself okay”.

You looked at him, face etched with worries. Just then the car stopped. The security opened the door and Seunghyun oppa led you out of the car. Yongbae opened the door to Jiyong apartment and what you saw made you grasp in shock.

The entire living room was upside down. Glass were smashed, the sofa was upside down, torn. His mother was sitting at the corner comforted by Daesung. His sister was sitting at the dinning table, being comforted by Seungri.

“Where’s Jiyong?” You asked Yongbae. He started explaining the situation to us.

“Well. There was some sasaeng fans/haters that broke into his house. His mother was held hostage while they waiting for Jiyong to returned home. They had requested for him to hug and kiss them but when he saw how terrified his mother and sister was, he got really angry. He almost killed them till the security got here and stopped him in time.”

“Ever since the morning, he came to the dorm to tell us that he won’t be flimming today and went back home, into his room. He hasn’t left the room since the morning and won’t listen to us….We just thought you might be able to talk him out of it….” 

You stared at them wide-eyed. 

"Well. To tell you the truth. Ever since that incident at the pension where his dad got attacked for not revealing his phone number, he has been pretty paranoid about the safety of people around him.. That’s why he was so worried when news went out about you and him at the restaurant”. He gave you a key and said that it was the master key to unlock his room door. “Help him. He needs your help Y/N’, please” Yongbae begged. You could see from the corner of your eyes that his mother was looking at you with pleading eyes.

You nodded and walked towards his room. “Click” the key unlocked and you step in.