Chapter 12

Forget Everything

They talked through the night and had came to a common consensus that they will stay in the safehouse for the next week and if there had been no updates from the police, then you will be brought to the safehouse away from Jiyong.. Wherever that was. Frustrated at what was happening, Jiyong couldn’t sleep. Instead, he tossed and turned in his bed. He was unable to do anything about it, unable to protect you from getting hurt. “Hyung, it will be fine, they say they found the CCTV camera. It will be fine hyung”. Jiyong looked at the photos that were taken on the beach with you. He wished for once that he wasn’t so famous. Some freedom would be nice. With Seungri snoring loudly beside him and falling asleep, soon he managed to fall asleep too.

You woke up early that day. Intending to cook breakfast for everyone and write the letters before …..

The last time.

You walked out of the room and started looking into the fridge. You were surprised to see the fridge fully stocked and you inferred that someone must have done it for them last night.

Hmmm seaweed soup, egg roll and rice? You hadn’t forget Seunghyun oppa wish to eat it that time. You wasted no time in starting to cook. The boys seemed more tired than usual and all were sleeping in, but you didn’t mind. They needed the rest and since they didn’t have schedule this week, might as well let them sleep in. You walked to the living room and saw a black sleek piano sitting there. You gasp at its’ beauty. You sat down at the piano seat and ran your fingers lightly through the keys. It played softly and you gasp at the sound it made. Putting your fingers on the keys, you slowly started playing your favorite song softly. It was not till you heard someone clear his throat that you stopped playing and turned around.

Jiyong was recording you playing on his iphone and the rest of the members stood there and smiled at you. Jiyong turned the camera to the boys and they made goofy pose while saying random comments like “AHhhhh so good!” “I am a fangirl!!!”.. Finally Jiyong turned the camera to himself and smiled and said “MY GIRL. MY” before cutting the video. You looked at them amused at their silliness. You all were trapped in this house for your safety but having them behaving like this made it so much fun.

“Come I made breakfast” you ushered them to the dinning table. They gasp as they saw what you had prepared as you went into the kitchen to take the kettle with hot coffee out.

“Finally I get to eat this too!!!!” Seunghyun oppa exclaimed excitedly. Seungri and Daesung had already started eating and were making weird noises indicating that it was delicious. 

 “Guess you are an even better cook than Yongbae Oppa huh?” Jiyong said as he pulled you to sit beside him and taking over the coffee kettle from you to continue filling up the member cups. You smiled, seeing that they are enjoying the food. 

“So today… I was thinking… let’s have a movie marathon?” Jiyong asked and everyone nodded. He turned to you and ask you about what movie you would like to watch.  

“I am not so sure what are the latest movie, but just no horror please” you whined and pouted.

“HORROR it is then!!!” shouted Seungri, his eyes with a glint of mischief.

“nooooo!!’ you covered your eyes and pretended that you were dying of fear. The table erupted in laughter.

“Okay. I will just get them to send the latest collection and we will pick from there!” Jiyong replied.

“You guys know doraemon has a movie right????” Daesung asked. The rest groaned in agony and pretended to be bored to death. “Please, spare us…..” Yongbae acted dramatically.

It was an excellent breakfast, the day had got off to a good start, just as how you want it to be.

The perfect last day.

After breakfast and washing up, everyone was now gathered in the movie room, scattered on the floor and the sofa pit. There was blankets, pillows, popcorn, soda all lay out. It was the coziest and best movie setting ever. Jiyong took his seat beside you and you snuggled up to him, covering you both in the blanket.

“YA! How are we suppose to watch the movie like this?” he said cutely, teasing you as you just snuggled into him, feeling his chest raised up and down and feeling safe. You close your eyes and forced yourself to remember this moment, this scent, this feeling.

The perfect last feeling.

The show that you all end up choosing was the latest Avengers film. Since they had not watch the first series, you all started watching that first, before the latest one. It was an exciting film with all the action scenes. Seunghyun oppa was cutely staring at the movie and watching with 100% concentration, while Seungri, him being always full of energy, seems to not be able to sit still. Jiyong had fallen asleep with his head on your lap and you his soft hair. Taking your phone out, you took a picture of the scene, wanting to keep a beautiful reminder.

The perfect last photo.

Mr Yang had come to visit you all at the end of the first movie with lunch. The way he looked at Jiyong was beyond weird and you began to suspect if anything was actually wrong. 

“Hey Y/N’, can I talked to you for a while?” he asked, all the while taking glances at Jiyong. 

“Yes sure” you stood up to leave, moving Jiyong hand from your waist. His eyes meeting yours and it seemed to be filled with worries.  

“Well, I am not here to talk to you about what is happening, but I received a call from your home country and that person claimed to be your best friend and that she wants to check if you are alright. I told her that you are doing good and she was wondering if you could call her back” he said, eyes looking at you deeply, trying to gauge your reaction.

“Oh” you had purposely deleted all contacts from your home country and left after bobby had died too. Afraid that people around you would get hurt as well. “Yeah okay. I will send her a text. Thank you Mr Yang”

“No. Not Mr” he replied, shifting around nervously.

A confused look grew on your face and he replied “Call me Uncle Yang ok? You know how I treat the boys like my own son, after seeing you with them so many times, I feel like you are like my own daughter too”

“Uh…. Ok… su…sure. Appa yang?” you replied, smilling a little while trying to read his reaction.

He burst out laughing and had one of the biggest smile you had seen. “Yes. I like”. With that, he put his arm around you and patted your head like a real father.  As you came out from the corner, the rest of the members were surprised at what they saw, Jiyong especially with his mouth hanging slightly.

“Why. I can’t like her also???? Don’t be selfish man” he nudged Jiyong playfully and proceeded to walk out. “Stay safe. Anything give me a call”

Appa Yang…. You made a mental note to write a letter for him too.

The rest of the day seems to go by in a flash. You all had fun laughing together. During your time to wash up in the shower, you spend a long time sitting on the bathroom floor filling out the letters that were intended for them.

“Baby, you smell so gooooood” as Jiyong wrap his hands around your waist and planted a kiss on your forehead. You giggled as his moustache that had been growing out, tickled you. “is it itchy??” he teased and kept on poking you with his chin. You took out your phone to snap a selfie, and captured that moment. “Send it to me okay. I want to put it as my wallpaper” You laugh at his cheesiness.

One last perfect selfie. 

As you all get ready to turn in for the night, you went outside to get some fresh air from the balcony. You saw a familiar figure and it was Seunghyun oppa, smoking again. You sneak up towards him and scared him from behind. He flinched in shock and dropped his cigarette, turning to you and looking at you with wide eyes. You smiled playfully “See, this is what you get for smoking!”

“YA!!!” he said, but his mouth turning into a smile as he playfully smack your arm softly. “Ok ok. Don’t nag me, I will try to cut down ok?….” “But… I need more seaweed soup…” he pouted cutely.

You smacked him on his arm and said “Ya. What are you gonna do when I am not here? Continue smoking??!”. His expression changed immediately, he was confused at what you said “why would you not be here?” he asked softly.

You realize what you had said and immediately tried to cover it up. 
“I mean, when we all leave this dormitory and you go home! Are you going to smoke there too???”

He let out a nervous laugh and said reassuringly “ok ok I promised. I will try ok ??”

You smiled contently. His promise for effort was all you needed to hear. “You are the best oppa” and he pulled you into a friendly hug. You both turned to look at the scenery overlooking Korea. 

“this is beautiful oppa. Korea is an amazing place, plus there is all of you. Can’t help saying thankful for all that you have done for me” you said sincerely, your eyes fixed on the scenery, not wanting to look at him in the eyes in case a tear starts forming.

“We didn’t tell you this, but you brought us together, kind of. Jiyong was such a mess before he met you and there was some sort of tension in the group, but after you are here, we all could do things like in the movie room just now” he replied.

Turning to him you looked him in the eyes “but thankful for everything you have done for me oppa, really”. He patted your head. “Silly! You say as though the world is ending. You have to pay me back this favour uh…..” he replied playfully. You laughed.

The last perfect laugh with your “brother”.

As nightfall and everyone fall into deep sleep, you slowly snuck out of bed. Jiyong thankfully had went to sleep with Seungri because he was having a nightmare. You began packing up your stuff into your backpack, just the things you needed for your journey back to your home country. You left the notes on the table beside your bed. You stood at the door and told the guards that Appa Yang had instructed for you to leave the boys and meet him outside. They nodded and left you out of the house. It was a lie of course. As you turned your back away from the house, you took a deep breathe and walk out to the darkness.

The last perfect look of the house.