Chapter 3

Forget Everything

- Bad Dream/Flash back

You felt a strong hand on your shoulder pulling you backwards, you immediately reacted, gripping the fingers and trying to bend them backwards. But another hand went over your neck and held you in a choke, tightening and restricting your breathing. Immediately, you release the hand that was holding the fingers and struggle against the strong and hairy arm choking you. Tears streamed down your face as you felt your lungs burn for air. From the side of your eyes, you could see your family being dragged into a van. Soon after, darkness envelop you and you fall unconscious. 

 “Splash”, you felt cold water hitting your face. Immediately you opened your eyes and was momentarily blinded by the bright lights. You tried to struggle but you realise your hands and legs were bound together to the chair. You tried to speak but “Ommmmfff” was all that came out. The mouth gag they had used on you were securely fastened. You looked up as three big man, heavily tattoo but wearing a face mask over their face came nearer to you. You felt a stinging pain across your cheek.

“HAHAHA, what? Staring at me? What can you do about it? HAHHAHA, stupid little ”

You continued to stare at him, not wanting for him to think that you felt scared. But in actual fact, you were really scared. 

The harrasment continued days after days. Being the only one that was spared from the drugs, you were the only one used for the ransom videos and tortured. With knifes they cut your hands, with their hands they slapped and punch. Every waking hour was a torture. And all you could think was that at least your family is not going through such pain.

Shivering in your chair as they had splash water on you to wake you up again, you flinched as you saw the heavily tattooed man raise his hands to hit you. Suddenly, gun shots were heard from the outside. The three man that were harrasing you, immediately pulled out their guns and went outside. Your eyes widen in response as you saw your family members sitting in chairs beside you, tied.

“OMMMFFFF”, you tried to make some noise to wake them up. But they seemed heavily drugged, body sitting limply against the chair. You looked around and realise you were on a boat. You struggled against the chair with all your might to try to release yourself. Then you spotted a screw that was jutting out of the wall behind your chair. You shifted your chair and bounced towards the screw, slowly using the screw to poke through the duct tape.

As you managed to free yourself, you saw a police man running towards you. You sighed with relief and rushed to your brother, who was closest to you. But the police man grabbed you and dragged you to the edge of the boat. 

“NO, I HAVE TO SAVE THEM NO, PLEASE NO, STOP PLEASE, NO” “NOOOOOOOOO”

You jolted awake as you felt someone shaking you. Instinctly, you put your hands in front of your face, bracing for the impact.

“hey hey, you were dreaming and screaming hey, I woke you up because the other hostel roommates were complaining, hey hey”, a the female owner of the hostel said.

“Oh yeah, hey. Uhhhh. So..sorry. I guess I had a bad dream… so…sorry”, you replied. You felt incredibly warm and realise you had been sweating. With that, the owner left and heaved a sigh of relief. You bundled yourself in your blanket and curl up in the corner of your bed. You felt tears streaming down your face as you began to think about the contents of your dream.

If only… if only I had saw the screw eariler. If only……… …….., you thought.

“BUZZ”, immediately you flinched and hit your head against the upper decker bed. “sorry”, you immediately said, wondering if the person sleeping above has left the hostel.

“Hello??”

“Hey it’s me, Jiyong Oppa, how are you feeling?”

“Ohh …hi….hi, yeah, pre…pretty okay.”

“You sure? Why are you still stuttering?”

“Uh…uhhhh… no…nothing. I am fine”, you replied. Swallowing hard and trying to calm your breathing. Both were irregular from your dream and after hearing Jiyong Oppa voice on the phone.

“So, Mr Yang said that he have to tell you something. So maybe I can drop by and pick you at up the backgate? Like last time? But I will call you when I have reached and then you can come down after?”

“Oh… uh… Su..sure. I will shower and get ready. Thank you”

“Hahaha, don’t be so formal with me. Drop me a text once you are ready!”

“yeah sure, thank you Mr Jiyong”

“Jiyong Oppa. Call me that. Okay see you!”

You stare at your phone in disbelief. Wondering what had actually happened. Too many thoughts are filling your head. Maybe a cold shower would help. After the shower, you texted Jiyong Oppa to let him know you are ready. As you waited for his call, you wondered. Hmmm Mr Yang? Why? Did I do something wrong?

The car ride to YG Entertainment was a pleasant one. Jiyong kept joking and played the music loudly while singing along with it. You begin to forget about his “superstar” status every now and then, but every time he stared at you with that intense eyes, your heart stops beating for a while.

Distractions would really be helpful to keep me from thinking about the incident. Maybe this is a good thin, you thought.

As the car stopped at YG Entertainment, you were surprised to see so many fangirls standing outside the building. Outside your car, you saw a long line of security guards standing closely together, seemingly trying to shield whoever was getting out of the car into the building. Wide eyed, you turned to look at Jiyong who was now holding your hands to calm you down.

“Don’t worry, they will cover your face with an umbrella”

You noded as you didn’t know how to response and stepped out of the car. The cheers of the fangirls were defeaning. As Jiyong promised, the umbrella came down and shielded you.

As you reached the building, you heaved a sigh of relief.

“Does that always happen?”

“uhhh… no… unless some news got leaked out”, he replied sheepishly, with a hand over his neck. “Here come, lets get you to Mr Yang office”

The lift was chic, the building design was amazing. But Mr Yang office is truly breath taking, there was a huge shelve of toy bear figures and his huge table right in the middle.

“Hello Sir”, you bowed as you greeted him politely.

“Hey! Y/N’, come take a seat”

As you took a seat, he eyed you suspiciously from top to down. That made you uncomfortable and you shifted in your seat a little.

“oh, did I made you feel uncomfortable? Hey don’t worry, I was just seeing if you injured anywhere else. How are you feeling? Alright?”

“Ye..yeah. I feel alright, thank you for the concern”

“Okay. But the main reason I called you here is….”, he paused a while and looked down onto the floor. “Have you seen instagram? Facebook? Or the news?”

“Uh… no actually. I was sleeping since yesterday”

A frown appeared over his face and his lips were pressed together. “Well, remmeber yesterday you fainted and Jiyong helped you into the car to get to the hospital? Apprently, some fans were outside the restarunt and they took some photo of it. The internet is now exploding with curiosity on who you are and knowing Jiyongs’ fans, within no time, they will find out your true identity”

You stared at his with your eyes wide open. Shocked at the sudden information and also at the photo. Of course you hadn’t had any memory of that day, but wow, Jiyong carrying you bridal style into the car, his face full of worries.

“So.. the reason why I am calling you here is because we want to offer you protection. Till this whole issues cools down.”

“Protection?”

“Yeah. Of course we will be releasing information that you were a staff working at our company who fainted due to exhaustion.

“St…staff?”

“Yeah. I am empolying you as a staff of YG. And we will provide you with housing, transportation and of course a salary, we will match with your pay at the BBQ restaurant. And rest assured, we have spoken to your previous boss about this. He was more than happy to let you go. He also mentioned something about you writing songs?” 

“uh..uh… nah, I was not writing songs, but some poetry and sentences of how I felt at a particular time and place”

 “well. I would like to see them. And since you can play the drums so well, we are recruiting you to the instruments department of YG. But because there is already a drummer, so you will also be our logistic staff, helping around YG for logistic matters. You ok with that?”

“I guess. Yeah. What else could I possibly do?”, as you stared out of the window at the crowd that had formed outside YG. Jiyong turned and smiled at you. Well he was sure that a public statement of the same thing would have the same effect in calming the entire situation, he was the one who begged Mr Yang to recruit me. There was just something about you that intrigued him. 

“Great. You will do just fine. I liked you already since the first day I met you. Polite and that smile on your face. Smile more alright? Now I will have one of the logistic head, Amy, to show you around. You will start work tomorrow. 8am sharp.”

 “Yes sir. Thank you”, you bow politely as Jiyong showed you the way out.

 A job at YG. Wow. What the. What is happening, you drift off into your thoughts.

 “Hey. Stop daydreaming!!”, Jiyong slaps my arm playfully, grinning his famous gummy smile.

 He introduces me to the logistic head, Amy. And as he turned to leave, he said: “Hey. See you tomorrow!” and with a wink, he went into his own studio.

 “Hi, I am Amy! Nice to meet you! I heard you speak little korean, but I am fluent in english, so I guess we could speak in english too?”

“Yeah sure that will be great”, you smiled. Amy was a polite, kind, petite size lady. She had brown coloured hair and it was tied up messily. Still she looked really pretty.

“So. Regarding the housing, you will be staying with me and two other logistic staff in a house, about two blocks down this street. Later we can walk there together and I can show you the back door so that you can leave YG without having the fans notice you.”

“That would be good. Thank you. But what about my stuffs at the hostel?” 

“Oh don’t worry, there is someone there now shifting your belongings to the safe house. Anyway, you start your job here at 8am tomorrow in this room. We call it the dungeon because that’s where we keep most stuffs”. You nodded in response. Taking in all the information at once. 

Back at the safehouse, your room was simple but really nice. It has been some time since you had your own private space as you had been staying in the hostel. You lay on the bed thinking about how soft and comfy it is. Just as you close your eyes, memories of the incident came back. “LET’S GO, WE NEED TO GO”.

You opened your eyes immediately. Shaking your head to get rid of the thoughts. My goodness. What is happening. You stood up and took a shower.

“BUZZ”

“Hey, tomorrow jiyong oppa want to bring you out for a celebration dinner for joining YG FAMILY. No saying no to me. Goodnights!”

You read the message a few time, not wanting to believe what is before you. Sigh. Too many thoughts. Too many things have been happening.You stared at the brownish pill bottle and contemplated.

Maybe just one…..