Chapter 4

Forget Everything

“Y/N!!!, come on! Wake up!”, you heard loud shouting and banging on your door. You immdiately stirred up, not remembering what happened and feeling really confused. As you look at the table beside your bed you begun to remember what had actually happened. You took the sleeping pills and knock out. It was now 8.30am. 30minutes to get to YG. You sprung up, rushing to the toilet.

Wearing your signature long sleeves black top and jeans, you got to the front door.

“ya, isn’t it too hot to be wearing long sleeves?”, Amy questioned.

“uh…uhhh.. I just don’t like my skin to be exposed….”, you replied. Thinking about the scars on your arms and feeling self-conscious about it.

 “Let’s hurry!”, Amy replied and with that you both were sprinting out of the safehouse.

Your first day of work was straightforward. You were assigned to arrange the dungeon equipment. There were pretty heavy stuffs that took a bit more effort but you had your muscles to thank, from working at the BBQ restaurant. The ladder was faulty so you had to make do with a stool to reach the top shelves. 

“YA, be careful, where’s the ladder?”, a thin voice said. You spun around in surprise and saw Mr Yang leaning against the door of the dungeon. You politely bow and replied: “The ladder is spoilt, hence I am using the stool”.

“His bows narrowed and slightly creased against each other. Well, you could always borrow the ladder from the cleaning division.”, he replied. 

 “ohhh… okay I will borrow it from them, and with that you bow and exit the room” But just as you were leaving, he caught you by your hand and stopped you mid-way, pulling you back into the dungeon as he close the door.

“That day. The doctors said you have scars all over your body. What scars? As your boss now, I think I am obliged to know if you have been hurting yourself or something”, his eyes narrowed as he stare intently on my face.

Immediately, you look down, not wanting to make eye contact with him. “I… er… the scars.. were from an accident. No I did not hurt myself and will never do so..”

“let me see them”, as he reached out for your arm. You shrink back into the corner of the dungeon, holding on to your arms. “Uhhh… no..“

"Ya. I am not hurting you. I am just trying to see the scars. Its okay. If you don’t want to show it to me. But I am here for you and if there’s anything I can do to help, please let me know?”

“Ok…okay. Sure”, still looking down on to the floor and feeling your heart pounding in your chest.

With that he signed and left the dungeon. You heaved a sigh of relief and collapse onto a corner. You rest your head back towards the wall and lifted up your arms to examine the scars. 

“SNAP, as you felt a strong stinging pain over your arms. OMMMFFF, HAHAHA . U still trying to resist?! SNAP” - The memories flood your head.

“Y/N’?”, Jiyong said. You stood up, immediately turning around. You had not noticed the tears streaming down your face and you immediately wipe them off. “Hey what’s wrong?”, he stood closer, tilting your head upwards, his face frowning.

“Uh… No..nothing.”, you raise your arms to wipe your face and you force a smile.

He took hold of your arm, your right sleeve still rolled up, he examine your arms that was full of scars. You tried to resist but his grip was strong. He pulled down the sleeve and pulled you into a tight hug. Giving you a kiss on the top of your forehead. “Hey. It’s okay. Don’t cry. Don’t worry. Everything is fine now yeah.”

You shivered under his touch. Your heart pounding again as you felt yourself blush. You wondered why he had not asked you what had happened. You wondered if he knew something more than he should know.

“Meet me tonight, 6pm at the basement, in front of my car. We will go somewhere relaxing?”, he smiled while bending down to look into your eyes. You nodded. Not knowing what else to say. 

By 6pm, the dungeon was sparkling clean and everything was arranged by the names of the equipment. “wow!!! They weren’t joking when they said you are a hard worker huh?”. You blush and said thank you. You also informed her that you will be having dinner with your friend and not coming back early tonight.

“With Jiyong huh?”, she replied with a smirk. “He told me. And tomorrow there is a new assignment for you too! I will let you know more tomorrow. HAVE FUN”, with that she spun around and proceed down the hall.

Tomorrow? New assignment? Hmmm, you thought.

“Over here!”, gummy smile Jiyong greeted as he opened the door on the side of his car. You said thank you and took a seat inside the car. You gasp as you saw the red interior and how beautiful this whole car looked. 

“So…. We are going somewhere that only the Big Bang members knows and its quiet and all, so you don’t have anything to worry about! The rest of the members are already BBQing”, he grinned.

You nodded. Looking out the window and seeing people in the streets. You remember the times you were walking with them just before the incident happened. You started gripping your arms tightly, hugging them closely onto your body. “Hey”, as you felt his hand hold you. Almost immediately you relaxed. He looked at you with concern but gave a slight smile. You returned the smile.

There’s something about him that instantly made you feel calm. An addictive sense of security.

“HELLLO, what is up yo!!!” The boys greeted as they opened the door for you. You nodded thank you and stood in front of them. They introduced their names one by one and you smiled at them.

It was a quiet stretch of beach that is very secluded. There wasn’t anyone around but us. Music was playing from a speaker that they had brought and they were BBQing on a portable stove. The place was lighted from the numerous portable lights they had brought along and also the headlights of the cars.

“Here! Coke? Or … Beer?” Taeyang asked.

“Coke, thank you” as you nod thankfully.

The sound of the beach was simply magnificent. Although the beach was dark, you could still see the waves crashing down on the sand. Leaving your home country, you had forgotten how you really love sitting by the beach all day long. It took the memories away. At least for that moment.

“Hey” Jiyong came from behind and squeeze my shoulders. “Like it here?”, his head peeping out of your shoulders to look at you.

“Yeah. Love it. Love the sound and the smell. Thank you for bringing me here”, you smiled and looked at his eyes. You felt yourself blushing as he was in such close proximity.

“Well, just want to let you know that I am here for you. So if there’s anything, you can let me know. I don’t know how to put this, but ever since you helped me clean the vomit off me, I just felt something more for you”, he replied softly, leaning his chin against my shoulder.

Your heart raced. Well. You had always been a fan girl and G-dragon was your bias. But this is different. This is Jiyong speaking. You smiled to yourself and slowly nod your head.

“Wait here!”, with that. He ran back towards the BBQ pit and took some food over.

“Hungry?”, as he fed you the meat while smiling happily to himself. 

The meat was really delicious, you realised you haven’t been eating regularly since that day. “You eat some too”, as you reach over to take a meat to feed him. “AHHH”, just as he open his mouth but instead you put the meat into your mouth, laughing at him instead.

“YA!!!”, as he proceeded to pout cutely. “Me too. I want too” as he lean in and open his mouth. You obliged and feed him. While giggling. “You are so funny Oppa”.

Just at that moment, he moved in closer to your face. Your eyes look downwards to his lips. “I like you calling me oppa”. Just as he was about to kiss you, you pushed him away. He frown but his expression quickly changed to being worried.

“Uhhh. Sorry about that”

“No oppa. There is something that I must tell you before we … Uh.. I just have to tell you something”, you told him with a serious look on your face.

“Okay. I will listen”, as he shift to sit facing you.

You pulled up both your sleeves and undo the button on the top of your long sleeve shirt to expose the area below your neck. “See these, these are my sc…scars. I got them from the accident”, you showed them to him. Your arms were covered in long thin scar, while you had a long scar from your neck downwards. Waiting for a response before you continue. He nodded slightly, with eyebrows frowned but you could see from his eyes that he was slightly surprised. He wasn’t liking what he was seeing, he hated that you had these scars. 

“I don’t usually show these to people or tell them because it triggers the memories to flashback but whenever I am with you, the memories don’t come….”, you said as he looked at you with sincerity in his eyes.

“The accident, it changed my life. Well, I was on a holiday, but my family got kidnapped. I was the only one that survived, probably because they were using me as a bait, torturing me so that the ransom amount would be bigger. Every small things reminds me of them and it triggers the flashback of the memories. Hence I came to Korea, away from my home country.”, you continued in a soft and shaky voice.

Jiyong kept his eyes on you, listening very attentively. He also managed to rest his hand on your knee. Giving you a reassuring squeeze every now and then.

"Ever since that day at the restaurant, the memories kept coming back. But well, back in my home country, I was such a burden to my friends, they had to take care of me because of all these flashback. In a way, I was also hurting my friends around me.” 

Jiyong nodded in response. "That’s why I have to tell you this. Before we continue. I don’t want you to feel hurt if I do not response as usual. I sometimes tend to isolate myself when the memories come back. And probably also…. For you to make a decision. I am pretty messed up Oppa. I don’t know if you want to have such a messed up friend……”, you replied. But this time, looking down onto your feet. You braced yourself for the harsh reply as you felt his hand lift from your knees.

A moment of silence passed and you peep at him. He had tears forming in his eyes and his eyebrows slightly creased. 

“It’s alright, really. You could tell me the truth of how you feel”, you whispered.

He shooked his head violently. Suddenly, he turned towards you and lifted his sleeves to reveal his arm. He removed his watch and you grasp in shock, covering your open mouth with your hand.