Bungee!

Too Much That It Hurts

Jessica’s POV

I am going down the stairs that morning when suddenly Auntie Choi calls me.

“Jessica, would you mind to lend me a hand?”

“Neh, Auntie.” I then rush towards her room. There I see she is struggling with some travel bags. “Thank you for coming, Sweety. I hope you don’t mind to help me bring these things into car’s baggage.”

“Sure thing, Auntie. But where are you going?” I ask as I take two bags and follow her to the garage. Auntie turns to look at me.

“Eh? Sooyoung hasn’t told you anything?” I shake my head. Don’t talk about telling something, she is not going to say even a word to me. “I’ll be going to have teaching training in Busan for a week. I already give the master house key to Sooyoung, and later I will give you the reserved one, okay.”

“Hmm. Ara..” I nod silently.

I’m going to stay alone with Sooyoung for a week? Damn, that’s . You are so going to live alone with one person that doesn’t even care about your existence, Jessica. Face that.

“Oh, and about that girl. She’s already gone earlier to do some rehearsal.”

Another excuse to avoid me, Choi? It’s been five days since the Yuri’s incident and along these times, Sooyoung and I are still in the very cold war. And to make it worse, our couple, I mean group assignment, in which I partnered with Sooyoung has been done and collected yesterday. That means I actually don’t have any reason to interact with her anymore. Every day she would just spent her precious times with her Yoona, and sometimes Tae, while I’ll be accompanied by Tiff and Yuri, since she’s now quite often visiting school to see me.

“What rehearsal, Auntie?” I ask while lifting up the bags and put it into the baggage.

“The School Festival today of course. You know that there will be a festival today, right? If you know Yoona, she is the one who takes responsibility as the project officer for this event.”

“Oh, neh. Of course I know.” I smile as she locks the car’s baggage.

 

 

 

“Jessica, I’m sorry for only be able to drop you here.” Auntie Choi says from the driver seat to me who has already been outside the car.

“It’s okay, Auntie. The school building is already seen by the way.” I point the school gate.

“Okay then. I’ll leave now. Take care, little Jung.” She says to me which I reply, “Neh, Auntie. Thank you so much for the ride.”

 

After waving goodbye as Auntie’s car leaves, I notice two students, one girl and one boy, are just exiting a convenience store with one of them bringing a plastic bag in his hand. I follow after their path to school, with just enough space between, but still able to listen to their conversation.

 

“Three packages of double tapes, a scissor, what else on the list?” One of them is checking what’s inside the bag, then turns to ask his friend.

“Ribbon?” The other one asks.

“Checked! What else?”

“That’s all!”

“Yeay.” The guy replies, then chuckling. “You know, I wouldn’t go buying these if it’s not for Sooyoung noona request.” Eh?

“Stop fanboying please. You can't defeat Yoona-ssi to get Sooyoung unnie.” The girl says laughing.

The boy sighs, “Hhh.. You are right. Did you see the moment a while ago in the hall when Sooyoung noona piggy-back Yoona-ssi to help her decorating the stage? Damn they looked so affectionate to each other.”

I bit my lower lip hearing the story. A weird pain stabs my heart.

“I know right. I wouldn’t mind if they date soon.” The girl agrees.

“Of course. They’ll be a cute couple.”

Tears are b in the corner of my eyes.

 

 

 

We are not something to each other.

 

Is Yoona something for you, Sooyoung?

 

 

 

When I still in a deep thought, I feel someone grabs my wrist and quickly pull me inside a cab, before closing the door. “YAH!” I groan.

“Let’s go, Sir!” She says to the driver in energetic voice. I know this voice.

 

“KWON YURI!” I shout angrily to her face.

 

She just throws me a wide smile.

 

“What is this about seriously?!”

“Jessica-baby, we haven’t got a chance to go on date since I arrived here.”

“But I have school to attend, Yul..” I whine at her.

 

“Just today, Jessica.. Please just hang out with me today. ” She says pleading.

I sigh.

Maybe it’s okay since today the school only having festival, so there should be no class. Appa won’t be mad if I don’t skip class, right?

 

“Alright. Just today okay.”

 

“YESHUUUU!!!” She screams making me giggle at the antics.

 

“So where will we go?” I ask.

 

 

“Bungee!!!”

 

“Yeay, Bungee!” I un-consciously follow her excitement.

 

 

 

 

Excuse me?

 

 

Bungee?

 

 

“WHAAAAAAAAT????!”

 

 

 

Yuri’s POV

I am now fixing my pony tails after the jump, “Whoah that was awesome!” I shout happily, making an employee of the Bungee Jumping center, who is now helping me to unlock the safety belt, to laugh at me.

“YUL! ……………”

I hear Jessica’s voice from the bungee bridge up there. But I just caught my name, the next sentence isn’t heard due to a very far distance between us.

“YAH! JESSICA! JUMP QUICKLY! IT’S AWESOME!” I shout to the sky. A moment later I laugh because I just realize that she also won’t hear what I say. Whatever, I just hope she will really jump.

 

From the day I saw her again in Korea, I feel that she’s a kind of stress. I’m not sure about what’s messing in her head, and I’m not planning to ask her. It’s not that I don’t care for her, but I just don’t want to push her. If she needs me to listen to her problem, I’ll be there. But if she thinks she can handle it herself, I will not spoil her and try to interfere.

So, these days, I just think of how to make her forget her problem and doing something fun. And bungee jumping is all I can think of. I really wish she can erase whatever sadness, stress, and hard feeling once she jump from up there.

 

You need your happiness, Jessica. And this’s all I can offer you, a simple happiness.

 

 

Jessica’s POV

“YUL! ARE YOU OKAAAY???” I shout to her once she’s done with her jumping. She looked so excited when she was jumping a while ago. Yes of course. ‘excited’ is the synonym of Kwon Yuri.

“Did she hear me?” I ask myself, mumbling. “Probably no, Miss.” The instructor, who is now helping to make sure of safety belt and the bungee rope, answers with giggles, which I reply by giggles too. “Pabo me.”

I look at Yuri again and notice that she is now trying to shout back something to me, but I don’t get even one word from her sentence. Aish, what is she saying.

 

I’m now already changed my uniform into some comfortable clothes that will be okay for the jump. After all is ready, for the fifth times after arriving at the top, I peek to the ground again with scared face. I’m now scanning all the equipment that wrapped around my body worriedly. If I get heart attack, I swear this is Yuri’s fault!

I inhale, then exhale, before finally walking towards the bungee bridge. There, the instructor has already waiting.

“Are you ready?”

I look at the sky and mediate for a while. Maybe by doing this I can remove my stress. At least for a while I can forget about anything that makes me feel uneasy.

 

“Miss.. Are you ready?” The instructor asks again.

 

“Neh!” I answer proudly.

“Fine. On your mark..”

 

 

“One…”

 

“Two…”

 

 

 

This is it!

 

 

 

“Jump!”

 

 

There I take my step, jumping, accompanied with my dolphin scream.

 

 

 

Just for a while, let me take you out of my brain, Sooyoung..

 

 

Sooyoung’s POV

The bass and the drum are going arranging melody which is now played by a band of student on the stage. The cheers from the audiences also make more fun of the crowd. But I’m just wondering here and there try to find a figure.

 

“Sooyoung-ah!” I turn to the voice source. It was Tiffany.

“What’s up?”

“Where is Jessica?” She ask the question which I wish I know the answer.

“Don’t know.”

“Ugh..”

“Why don’t you message or call her?”

“It’s been 2 hours but she hasn’t replied my message. I tried to call but she didn’t answer. Damn. That Pabo!” She says while looking at the screen of her phone.

“Tiff, can you help me with some backstage stuff?” Taeyeon suddenly comes between us.

“Oh, alright.” Tiffany then put down her phone. “See you later then, Soo!” Then the both of them walk away after waving at me. I look at the stage blankly.

 

Where are you, Jessica Jung? Are you alright?

 

 

After a while, I take a seat somewhere far enough from the stage. Suddenly someone comes, sitting on the chair next to me. I glance then turn my upper body when I notice who it is.

“Hi, Project Officer.” I greet her softly.

She looks at me frowning. “Wae?” Having no-idea, I ask.

“You seem to not enjoy this event that I manage.” She pouts. I smile, then pinch her nose.

“Who said that?”

“Your face says that.” She says childishly.

“No, Baby Im. I'm enjoying it so much!” I laugh.

“Liar!” She crosses her arms in front of her chest the looks away.

“Okay, okay.” I ruffled her bangs. “I’ll make it up to you then..”

“Really??!” She quickly turns around hearing my last words, making me laugh and ruffles her hair harder.

“Of course, Your Majesty.” I pretend to bow.

 

“Then……….…” She says shyly, biting her lower lip. A tint of pink appears in each of her cheeks. I patiently wait for her request.

 

 

 

“Then go on date with me this evening.”

 

 

Jessica’s POV

Yuri is now waving at me from the window of the bus that starts to move forward. I giggle, then wave back at her. After the bus goes, I look at the sky and it’s quite gloomy, then the first drop of rain falls. I’d better be home fast before it starts to rain harder. Finally I start to run.

 

 

Click

 

I closed the front door once I arrive. “Hatchooo!” My drenched clothes start to take effect on my body. I hugged my own body and plan to rush to my room to shower.

 

“Is it still raining outside?”

 

Her voice. How I’ve been missing it.

 

She appears from the kitchen, looking perfect in a hoody and jeans. Wait. Why is she so neat?

 

“Where are you going?” I ask.

“I ask first. Is it still raining outside?”

 

“Neh, it is.”

“Okay.”

 

“Where are you going?” I ask again. She keeps silent for a while.

 

“I’m going out with Yoona.” She says while walking towards me, then throw a towel to my face.

 

 

 

Yoona.

 

A date.

 

 

“But it’s raining.”

“Her driver and she will pick me up.” She then walks back to the kitchen.

 

 

Rich kid.

 

You will never win, Jessica.

 

 

I look at her back sadly, then after a while, going upstairs towards my room.

 

 

 

 

 

Ting tong!

 

I hear a bell sound when I’m showering in the bathroom. It must be Yoona.

 

After a while, I hear Sooyoung’s voice from the outside.

“Jessica.” She calls me.

“Neh?”

“I’m going.” I feel like my heart being pinched hearing this.

Can you not go?

“…”

“Jessica?”

“Hmm?”

 

“Don’t forget to lock the door.”

 

Author’s POV

After showering, Jessica exits the bathroom and holds her chest. Even after all these stress-relieving efforts, she still manages to make her heart hurts. She sighs, then goes the closet to take out some clothes. After changing, Jessica walks towards the bed. But before lying down, she notices there are some things on the study table.

It’s a bowl of chicken soup and a cup of hot tea. And a note on a piece of papper. It was Sooyoung’s handwriting.

 

 

“Where is your air conditional remote? Turn it off, the weather is already cold.”

 

Jessica smiles shyly.

She opens the drawer of the table and takes the AC remote and presses the ‘off’ button.  After putting it back to the drawer, she quickly sits and starts to dig her meal.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some oxygen for Spheres :D